Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What games are you playing?
Topic Started: Jul 1 2006, 07:51 PM (29,970 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I haven't been playing much video games lately, mainly due to my anticapation of the Nintendo 64. However, right this moment, I'm going to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, an Triple A title.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 19 2010, 08:55 PM
I haven't been playing much video games lately, mainly due to my anticapation of the Nintendo 64. However, right this moment, I'm going to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, an Triple A title.
How would you say New super mario bros Wii compares to the DS version? Is it still worth buying for someone who owns the DS version?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

spikie
Feb 19 2010, 09:04 PM
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 19 2010, 08:55 PM
How would you say New super mario bros Wii compares to the DS version? Is it still worth buying for someone who owns the DS version?
Defindently. The game is an massive improvement over the Nintendo DS version and is well worth the $50 asking price.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 19 2010, 09:09 PM
spikie
Feb 19 2010, 09:04 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepNew Super Mario Bros. Wii
Defindently. The game is an massive improvement over the Nintendo DS version and is well worth the $50 asking price.
Thanks, I might pick it up some time
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

spikie
Feb 19 2010, 09:25 PM
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 19 2010, 09:09 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepNew Super Mario Bros. Wii
Thanks, I might pick it up some time
You're indeed very welcome.
Quote Post Goto Top

l0whit07
Member Avatar
Established Member
I've been working on beating Goldeneye. I've actually never beaten it, probably because it's hard and shooters are not my specialty. Even with the strategy guide I'm struggling. It's fun though.

When I get frustrated with Goldeneye, I've been playing quite a bit of Cruisin' USA, Mario Tennis, and Killer Instinct Gold. I'm not great at any of these games either, but I'm better than my girlfriend and winning is always fun.
Posted Image

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Yesterday I spent my time playing Ridge Racer 64, Shadows of the Empire, Knife Edge, and Extreme G. Extreme G is new for me. Just pulled it out of the mailbox that afternoon. I already had Extreme G 2 and thought it was a good game. But, for me, Extreme G blew past the 2nd one and is one wild ride. The first one is the best. :w00t: The 2nd one seems so tame in comparison.

Today seems like it might be a good N64 day too. :dance:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Retro Junkie
Feb 20 2010, 07:32 AM
Yesterday I spent my time playing Ridge Racer 64, Shadows of the Empire, Knife Edge, and Extreme G. Extreme G is new for me. Just pulled it out of the mailbox that afternoon. I already had Extreme G 2 and thought it was a good game. But, for me, Extreme G blew past the 2nd one and is one wild ride. The first one is the best. :w00t: The 2nd one seems so tame in comparison.

What day is good for Nintendo 64 days? Any day! Just saying.
Quote Post Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Got some great multiplayer action yesterday.
Started on Friday night Smash Melee and then Mario Kart 64, we went through all the courses, i got 6 wins, James got 7 it was VERY close! That game still has it!
Then we continued with Mario Tennis, i won all the singles matches (we usually only play doubles) then had a little bit of Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
Played a little Brawl on Saturday, but then we went back to some quality Mario Tennis doubes, had 9 holes of Mario Gold (lol, harry). That was followed with a couple of games of Superstar Soccer 64. the commentating is SO good in that game...the way he says NORWAY! and Wales.
Then some more Mario Tennis and we finished with a Bonding session, liscense to kill with pistols.

A good weekend..
and thats only so far!

Oh yeah, i forgot, on Saturday morning we took it in turns in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4, lol, the first challenge at Kona they spent about an hour trying to do it, the downhill old schol snake salmon run. :lol:
Edited by D.J Cat, Feb 20 2010, 09:02 PM.

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 20 2010, 01:17 PM
Retro Junkie
Feb 20 2010, 07:32 AM

What day is good for Nintendo 64 days? Any day! Just saying.
The mindset. The mood. The itch. The craving. That N64 hunger. The hands start shaking, you get that twitch. Sweat starts running down your forehead. There seems to be a chuckle that rises up from deep inside your gut. You walk through the room and all that you see is the N64 system, nothing else. And it seems like it gets bigger and bigger. You begin to walk over to it and you hear music in the background, "Bad to the Bone" begins to play as you flip the switch. The camera begins to move around you as you pick up the controller. You run your fingers across the cart as the logo appears on screen, then you become oblivious to anything else, even if there is yelling in your ear.

:-8

At least it sort-of feels like that in a way. :eh:

:blink: Today might be one of those days too.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Retro Junkie
Feb 21 2010, 07:10 AM
The mindset. The mood. The itch. The craving. That N64 hunger. The hands start shaking, you get that twitch. Sweat starts running down your forehead. There seems to be a chuckle that rises up from deep inside your gut. You walk through the room and all that you see is the N64 system, nothing else. And it seems like it gets bigger and bigger. You begin to walk over to it and you hear music in the background, "Bad to the Bone" begins to play as you flip the switch. The camera begins to move around you as you pick up the controller. You run your fingers across the cart as the logo appears on screen, then you become oblivious to anything else, even if there is yelling in your ear.

:-8

At least it sort-of feels like that in a way. :eh:

:blink: Today might be one of those days too.
X_D Nice.

Seems like you and D.J Cat have been having some good, wholesome quality time with your N64s!!!
Wish I could say the same for me... mine's been packed away under a few hundred pounds of other crap. Or maybe on top of it... ashamed that I don't even know. :-8 Somehow though, that seems better than all set up in the open, and collecting dust now for MONTHS, which is what my 360, Wii, PS2, and Xbox are currently doing. >_< >_< >_< >_< >_<
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Rayman Legends, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

l0whit07
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'm making my way through Super Mario World at the moment. I thought I had beaten it when I younger, but the further I go along, the less I remember. I am at about 70% complete but almost to the final Bowser. Apparently I missed quite a few secret areas. I don't even have the purple ! blocks yet.
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
floorcat
Feb 21 2010, 02:08 PM
Seems like you and D.J Cat have been having some good, wholesome quality time with your N64s!!!
Oh yeah, and it continues on Sunday!

Firstly, I forgot about the Snowboard Kids on the Saturday night, Nancy (me) dominated!

Sunday started with another full play through off the tracks in Mario Kart 64, 4 player, some great moments as always, everyone was yelling and making a noise.
Then there was some Zelda: OOT, James showed us the invisible Link trick, pretty funny.
And THEN, F-Zero X, mostly X cup, lots of great moments, some huge take-outs, and it ended with the map of the last track being mysteriosly shaped liek a wang...very immature I know.

Then there was a bit more Mario Kart 64, a big session of Mortal Kombat Trilogy and then some Goldeneye.
A VERY good weekend!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I currently play Excitebots: Trick Racing, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Mario Kart Wii.
Quote Post Goto Top

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

I've picked up some new games for the wii recently so have been playing them a bit i don't feel like ive wasted my money :D

Call of duty: world at war is getting a good workout.

On the N64 front, the other night i played a bit of waverace and 1080 to kick back a little...

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Drill Dozer on my new Gameboy Micro. :whistle:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Applepieman
Feb 25 2010, 03:28 PM
Drill Dozer on my new Gameboy Micro. :whistle:
Ahhh. Game Boy Micro's are severely under-rated. Great little machine. :) I had to get me a silver one. :D

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
alxbly
Feb 14 2010, 06:24 PM
For the past few days I've been playing through Prototype.
And it's still the only game that I'm really playing just now. My gaming seems to be limited to the weekends these days, so I don't get as much time as I used to. However, I am still enjoying Prototype and I'm not too far from completing it. :)

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
For the past few weeks I've been playing a pair of shooters on the Wii, The Conduit and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I've been playing mostly online, I played only a couple missions in The Conduit and didn't even touch the single player of Modern Warfare. Both games have their strengths and weaknesses so it is difficult to decide which game I like better.

The Conduit has a set of 15 weapons both human and alien, so it covers all the basics such as pistol, shotgun, rocket launcher, energy weapons, etc. There's no grenade launcher though, which was my favourite in Goldeneye. The controls are fully customizable, and you can even choose the HUD placements on the screen. There are seven game modes, three of which can be played with teams. The game has an experience points and ranking system, but all it is for is a badge by your name. You can't mix friends with randoms, which makes online restrictive when you want to play with a buddy and not have it be a 1-on-1 duel.

Call of Duty has all real-world weapons, though it doesn't have anything fancy like a grenade launcher or a proper rocket launcher. It's more realistic than The Conduit, which makes it more restrictive and a bit less enjoyable. The online mode is much more feature-full, with over a dozen game modes, rank and unlock system, leaderboards, and more. You can play with both friends and randoms, and even join team games together if you meet up before starting.

Technically speaking, Modern Warfare is a better game, though I find The Conduit more enjoyable. It's tough to decide which I like better, though since I own both I guess I don't have to.

Kyasarin
Member Avatar
Basically, this is what I'm playing recently:

I've been playing Advance Wars a lot. Simply put, it's one of the most addicting and entertaining game series I've ever played. I absolutely love the fun difficulty curve, huge layer of strategy (especially in competitive games) and the mass amount of replay value, what with all the crazy settings and maps you can make.
I've been playing LittleBigPlanet a lot, as well, and it's pretty much my most favorite game ever. It has near-perfect control, wonderful graphics and sound, and it has very fun level design. It's multiplayer, has an extremely powerful editor (you can do everything the creators of the game can), and it easily has the biggest create-and-share database ever designed. There's simply no end to the gameplay, and with new levels coming in every few seconds, you really can't get tired of it.
I've also been playing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. Though I normally dislike golf (fff, too complex) this game wraps it all up in a fun and entertaining way. There's a ton of gameplay modes, meaning there's a ton of hours of great gameplay in here. It has a massive amount of depth and skill, and that alone adds a lot of fun, what with the mastering.
I've been playing Mario Superstar Baseball (as always), and it's still great fun. Pianta, Baby Luigi, and Dixie are still some of the most useful players in the game, and Mario, Bowser, and Bowser Jr are still pretty useless. I've developed even more gameplay styles (I've been playing for years) and I'm still making more. This game has pretty much infinite replay value: Every game is different. I really wish I could get some sort of camera so I could upload my videos for you guys.
I've been playing Tales of Symphonia for a long time, and I've gotten over three-hundred hours into that game. It's an incredible experience the first time, and I'm still playing it over and over again. There's a ton of replay value: All the different gameplay styles (and a "New Game Plus" feature) and it's just a big, long adventure with lots of things to explore. The plot is incredible and it's extremely interesting to see all the premonitions and foreshadowing you find throughout the game upon subsequent playthroughs.
I've been playing Super Monkey Ball (1 and 2), as well. There's a ton of levels, and there's the Challenge Mode which is very fun (I still haven't beaten the first game). The minigames are all very well-done and they add to an already-incredible game. The great soundtracks is just a nice bonus, and especially the multiplayer.
I recently picked up Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, and it's an interesting game. Fun gameplay, and great music. It has a good amount of depth to it, and it has good difficulty, and I'm not even that far into it yet.

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Been playing through my copy of Mega Man X Collection, going through each game 100%ing them.

So far I've 100%ed X, X2, X3, and X4. Doing another playthrough on X5 cause I forgot to get Zero's secret armor, but once I do that, that leaves Mega Man X6 left and the secret game Mega Man Battle & Chase.

Once I finish that off, I'll be playing Pokemon Leaf Green and probably finishing off Mario Kart Super Circuit.

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Finally finished Pyschonauts. An fantastic game for only 2 dollars 8)

Iced-Informer
Member Avatar
No longer the youngest.
Right now just Final Fantasy XIII, trying to get all the missions done while I grind(I've only maxed like one role per person) and getting all the other achievements. I swear this game is going to take me forever to 100%..
Ex-Rare Fanboy(Seriously a Wii sports rip off?)
GT: Iced Informer S
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/IanThunderbolt?feature=mhum

Ganondorf
Member Avatar
trying to get the platinium trophy for mw2 and finish tekken 6 :yeah:
Plato "wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
The Red Shadow
Jun 4 2009, 10:13 AM
Mop_it_up
May 28 2009, 04:41 PM
And this will be the last time anyone has heard from The Red Shadow. :o
Lawl, almost. Now that I'm on the outs with Wild and banned from his forum I guess I'll disappear into a realm of WoW forever and ever! Or just whenever I have some free time. :P

EDIT: I've also got games of Oblivion and Half-Life 2: Episode One in progress.
Wow, how prophetic. I disappeared into World of Warcraft and have only recently come up for air. It's kinda boring now though, and some dramatic life events are occurring and gaming isn't holding my interest much anymore.

I guess the most recent non-WoW game I've played is Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 for the PS2.

floorcat
Member Avatar
I had recently taken a dive into the world of PSN minis (originally, "PSP minis"), and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm finding. I've yet to actually play any of these iPhone-esque games on my PSP, so it seems a bit goofy to use a $400 gaming console to play a $3 game. (Having a giant display and a PS3 controller is much more preferable to holding a PSP, if I'm at home anyway.)

So far, I've spent some good time with Age of Zombies, Blast Off!, and Rocket Racing, and - granted they're all developed by the same people - I've totally fallen victim to "just one more round/level/etc." FUN FUN FUN!!!

Other than that, I've mainly been playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer. (ZOMG it's a blast!!! ANY/EVERYONE, hit me up for some deathmatch!!!) :D Now that I'm back home (and have my HD setup), I'll likely FINALLY start playing my copy of God of War III.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Rayman Legends, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Lots of Team Fortress 2, and still slowly playing through Pokemon Leaf Green :-/

floorcat
Member Avatar
After booting up the Wii from its nearly-year-long slumber to make a few WiiWare purchases, I started playing Rooms: The Main Building. Kinda fun! However... it lacks a bit o' polish, and feels sorta like a $5 PC game. But I've a feeling there's more puzzly-goodness to be had from it yet.

Also, Uncharted 2 multiplayer. :omg:
Siege DLC coming in 2 weeks!! :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

floorcat
Member Avatar
Started playing The Magic Obelisk (WiiWare) the other day... now like 10+ chapters deep. Pretty enjoyable... almost a bit too kiddie for me. Very curious why they didn't go for IR pointer controls. :facepalm:

Spent a half hour or so playing Bit.Trip Beat. Quite an... interesting game. May revisit.

And of course, Uncharted 2 multiplayer. ZOMG SIEGE DLC AVAILABLE TOMORROW!!!!

Because of Uncharted 2, I'm currently ignoring:
Demon's Souls (even though I consider it the best game ever)
God of War III (yes, rly)

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

Been playing a bit of Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar. With a rotary controller (",)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply