Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dream house?
Topic Started: Nov 29 2012, 06:08 PM (3,679 Views)
scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
buddy1983
Jul 10 2013, 02:32 AM
there's small and then there's were I currently live :lol: I one bedroom flat is too small for a family. I guess paying more will be worth so my daughter games has their own space :yeah:
there thats better X_D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
buddy1983
Jul 10 2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:

As I said in one of my previous post, it's time to think small.

there's small and then there's were I currently live :lol: I one bedroom flat is too small for a family. I guess paying more will be worth so my daughter has her own space :yeah:
I've been very successful in real-estate so please allow me to share some of my wisdom with you. If you purchase a house regardless of whether it's your "Dream Home" or not be sure to buy in an location with top-notch schools. Those areas tend to hold their value better than any other as people are always willing to pay a premium to send their children to the best schools.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
unfortunately my wife and I are far away from buying a house, we are renting from the local council so hopefully a swap will be on the cards. Something is in the pipeline so fingers crossed for that. :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Check out some of the cool dream house ideas above and then feel free to post some of your own.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
This is always subject to change but today my dream home would be a 1,300 square foot rancher in the great State of New Hampshire.

I'd like to build the house from scratch and employ some form of radio frequency shielding material as a wrap. Here in the United States, builders use a DuPont product known as Tyvek to wrap homes to protect against air and water intrusion. It's my belief, based on extensive research, that we also need protection from spurious radio frequencies as the medical community is finally starting to cite the potential health risks humans face by being constantly bombarded with radio waves. Here's a fascinating link if you'd like to learn more.

Electromagnetic and Radiofrequency Fields Effect on Human Health
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Dismantles
The modern looking mansion bungalow with a big yard in a nice mid to upper class area.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
When I was up in the North Carolina mountains earlier this year I absolutely fell in love with this place.

Posted Image

It's so beautiful and rustic while at the same time being thoroughly modern. :wub:

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Beautiful house! Nice to see you, Grizz :yeah:

Cabanon
Elite
hey Grizz, very nice to see you my man. that house sure look like very beautiful.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Cabanon
Nov 30 2016, 09:19 PM
hey Grizz, very nice to see you my man. that house sure look like very beautiful.
Great seeing you're still here too, Cabanon! :yeah:

That house is indeed very lovely and it's in part of NC that I really like. It's not too far from Appalachian State University and also close to the resort town of Blowing Rock. Those two things sort of give the area a funky bohemian vibe. There's also an excellent Mexican food restaurant nearby. :lol:

Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
The Deafheaven song Dream House???

If you enjoy metal, check out their albums Sunbather (Sunbather & The Pecan Tree in particualar) and New Bermuda (Baby Blue & Brought to Water) - very atmospheric, wall-of-sound, great guitar, post-rock-esque build-ups, beautiful non-distorted parts that ebb and flow in pretty organically.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made. I nominate Steve for God!

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Here in the United States we had a "tiny house" movement for a while. Initially the thinking was that tiny houses (800 square feet or less) would be more environmentally friendly and more affordable. However, just like everything else in the U.S. the tiny house movement was co-opted by commercial interests and ultimately lost its focus. :-/

This video gives an idea of what the tiny house movement was at its best.

Checking out an 800 Sq Ft "Tiny To Us" House

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Tiny? Maybe it's because I've lived in hoarder houses and trailers my whole life but if my first house was as nice as that one I would never want to move again. It amazes me how many big homes I've seen where the space is filled with nothing valuable. I guess it's because I don't have money to buy a big place but 800sqf ft seems like so much I couldn't fill the space if I tried
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jan 19 2017, 10:38 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
At the end of the day, tiny houses really aren't very practical when you factor in the price of land and everything involved in properly disposing sewage. Ultimately, apartment living makes much more sense which is probably why South Korea seems to be structured around that living arrangement for a major part of its populace.

BTW, when I was a kid growing up I was fascinated with Japan. I loved everything about Japanese culture (especially its classical architecture) and that love only grew as video gaming became my main hobby. Nowadays, however, I'm obsessed with South Korea and for the life of me I can't exactly figure out why. :lol:

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
My dream house just needs to be decent for a few Cats and have a Solar Roof and a few Tesla battery packs so that it's comfortably off the grid and on sustainable energy 🐈🐈🐈🐈😎

South Korea is pretty cool.
A mate of mine moved there.
Seemed like a good Korea move!

They also have this:

J-Birds: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Tw2WPhk50_e9ctfeQVbo_nH_kJl8ZjQ

Wildfiremicro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Mine would be a log cabin mansion with a huge arcade and a huge hot tub pool combo. It would be more in the country because I am a simple guy
Edited by Wildfiremicro, Jun 2 2017, 06:03 AM.
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Yeah, I'd love a log cabin. I just love natural wood. So warm and homey. Gotta have a nice big shop to work on projects! And preferably no cell service available. Haha.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Never ceases to amaze me how many people want rustic homes like log cabins rather mega mansions. All I know is that my dream home has to have a video gaming man cave where I can enjoy newer stuff like the PS4 on an HDTV as well as retro on a proper CRT. I'm somewhat bummed out now because my current residence doesn't afford me the room to plug up my Dreamcasts (I own both a North America and Asian console) so I can play favorites like Frame Gride and Tech Romancer which as far as I know haven't been ported to modern systems yet.

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I find myself watching tv shows and movies and saying, I want my house to look like that!

I love the layout of the classic Mary Tyler Moore show apartment but id want the overall style to be more like Frasiers minus all the African statues (nothing against Africa, I just prefer Asian statues). Also after watching Sunset Boulevard id love a projector screen behind a painting that I could pull up for movie/gaming nights :)

That being said, I am trying to think smaller since im still dreaming about Japan as an option.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: