Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do Funtastic consoles have better video display?; MegaMania has pics to prove it!
Topic Started: Dec 4 2012, 10:26 PM (38,358 Views)
Brandicus
Member Avatar
Established Member
Okay correct me if Im wrong, but the funtastic models do NOT support s-video correct? doesn't that make it a moot point? Surely an old model outputting s-video has a superior picture to a funtastic composite picture.
GET :n64: OR GET OUT
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brandicus
Member Avatar
Established Member
I must be confused then, I thought i remembered reading somewhere that nintendo took out svideo support on the newer models as a cost cutting initiative. Maybe Im just thinking of the PAL n64s. Anyway Ill definitely be picking up one now just so I can make my own comparisons. Lots of good info to be read in this thread.

Brandicus
Member Avatar
Established Member
In general I would discourage maxing out your tvs sharpness level, I mean to each his own but at some level you WANT a bit of blur, most older consoles rely on it and it can really pixelate and distort some textures.

even if you achieved maximum sharpness your still looking at aliased 3d models... some things just look better with a smudge of blur.
Edited by Brandicus, May 4 2013, 10:59 AM.

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply