Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do Funtastic consoles have better video display?; MegaMania has pics to prove it!
Topic Started: Dec 4 2012, 10:26 PM (39,665 Views)
Hello everyone.

Stumbled upon this thread, and found it extremely interesting. It's not too surprising to think that Nintendo stopped keeping features that enabled RGB via a modification as it was never officially supported (sadly). By the same token, its not hard to imagine that Nintendo may have improved composite and/or s-video quality in later revisions (better IC's). Of course, it's also not hard to imagine that things got worse in the interest of saving money (cheaper IC's).

I think for everyone who has been contributing to this thread, thank you so much! However, I think all our confusion will be clarified if everyone started to post pictures, if at all possible - its becoming really hard to follow the debate on s-video clarity since almost no pictures were posted (a few, yes, but not enough!).

A lot of this thread has been trusting the eyes of other members - and I applaud everyone for being civil and actually trusting those eyes. Sadly, what you see can never be truly objective, and thus, we must have pictures. The pictures don't have to be perfect (even an steady iPhone shot can be helpful), so just do the best you can.

TLDR: Pics or it didn't happen!
Edited by quickbunnie, Mar 4 2014, 04:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Mar 4 2014, 04:42 PM
Sadly, in my case, no. My trusty iPhone could not detect the differences my eyes witnessed. Times when I wish I had a video capture device.
Ah but that's the key - if you post the pictures, maybe we could discern a difference where you could not! Otherwise we have only your word. If you post pictures and tell us that the pictures are a lie, we still have your word (which I am in no way trying to devalue), and not much is different.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply