Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What browser do you use?
Google Chrome 29 (50.9%)
Mozilla Firefox 15 (26.3%)
Internet Explorer 4 (7%)
Safari 7 (12.3%)
Opera 2 (3.5%)
Other 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 57
What browser do you use?
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 08:41 PM (1,855 Views)
Norcal
Member Avatar

I'm curious as to what browser everyone uses.

I personally switch between Chrome/Firefox. I tend to like Chrome because it's a bit faster/smoother for alot of things and I tend to notice that when I am coding/doing web design.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Chrome's been the smoothest browser I've ever used. Least amount of clutter, and their tab system is non-migraine inducing unlike IE's.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Chrome for me, too.
I'll sometimes have to (reluctantly) boot up IE for various web apps we have here at work, that only work (or work better) on IE. But those are the rare exceptions.
Safari when I'm on a Mac, but that again is a rare work-only exception.

... I remember back in the day, when it was a fight between Netscape and IE...
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
IE since I've been using it ever since we switched from dial-up to broadband back in the late 90's but Chrome has some really neat touches like being able to jump to a photo directly from its url without having to copy and paste. Also, as expected, video runs really smooth on Chrome. If it was just me in the house I'd probably use Chrome exclusively but most of the time my wife leaves IE up on the computer so I use it.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I use Firefox. Don't ask me why I have no idea. I think I remember someone using it once and asked why there computer looked different to mine. Loaded it up and gave it a run and have never looked back. This is for work though. At home i've got internet explorer still but I reckon i'm going to change that too.

Chrome is good by the sound of some of the comments here. Should I give that a crack??
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Barra
Member Avatar
I switch between chrome and firefox on my PC (FF being the main one)
Safari will only get used on my iPod.
IE can burn in hell. ;)

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
I use chrome and absolutely love it, but that might have something to do with the fact that i used to side with the devil and use explorer :-8 , anything is great after it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Firefox for day-to-day browsing.
Chrome for development and testing of websites because it has superior debugging features and is based on the same Webkit "engine" as the Wii U browser.
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Firefox for me ^_^

Cabanon
Elite
IE because Netscape doesnt work anymore :dance:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Firefox or Chrome for me
Current N64 focus: NTSC-U carts. Current count: 108/296 (36.5%), 4 NTSC-J.

Non-N64 Items:

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I use Chrome currently. I was with IE until a few years back when they had a major security concern and it was recommended that everyone download a new browser until IE was patched. I dl'ed Firefox at that point and loved it. It worked superbly for about a year and then it started to give me issues, especially on Facebook. It got unbearably slow and glitchy with Facebook so I tried Chrome and it has worked out even better.

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
I alternate Safari and Firefox
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Lately I've been having stability issues with IE9. Seems to happen most when I'm on GameFaqs or YouTube. Anyone else having issues?

As a fix I tried returning the browser's settings back to default and switching to software rendering instead of GPU rendering. Still seem to have an occasional hiccup though.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Highlander
Member Avatar
Scottish Member
I'm all Macs so Safari it is :lol:
Posted ImagePAL Collection No.2 148/243Posted Image

PM me to get added to the N64 Forever Members Map

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
I use Safari because its so simple and I like having the book marks along the top of the page. For uploading videos, I use Firefox because it has the upload protection thing that Safari does not. Some times, when uploading a video with Safari, the upload will fail and abort. In firefox, if the internet goes out or something, the upload pauses, and firefox starts it again when internet is back. Chrome also has that feature.

Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Chrome on my desktop, laptop and in classes at college
Firefox on family desktop, office pc and linux laptop (mainly due to being too lazy to switch!)
Chrome on my desktop, laptop and in classes at college
Firefox on family desktop, office pc and linux laptop (mainly due to being too lazy to switch!)
Edited by Matt, Feb 12 2013, 09:51 AM.
Posted Image

sanni
Member Avatar
I always used Firefox until they started to release a new (broken) version every week. Now I use Chrome.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
EDIT: This post was dumb, I already answered to this thread it seems :rofl:
Edited by YogurtStorm, Feb 12 2013, 11:32 AM.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
Google Chrome always! :D

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
I use Chrome/Firefox on Windows PCs, Chrome/Firefox/IE10 on my main Windows 8 desktop, and then on Linux machines I'm usually using Firefox or Chromium which is just open source Chrome basically.
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Ok, so Google Chrome has double the responses of any other browser. Is it worth the switch? and is it easy to operate?

Posted Image

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
DeeMoney
Feb 12 2013, 09:20 PM
Ok, so Google Chrome has double the responses of any other browser. Is it worth the switch? and is it easy to operate?
Yeah i think it is really easy to use and worth the switch, i tried Firefox aswell as Chrome and found Chrome much easier.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Since I'm running Windows 7 I was able to upgrade to IE 10. In some ways it's faster and Youtube seems to run smoother with it but occasionally when on this site things will just freeze up. It's bad enough that I've started running Nintendo 64 Forever in 'Compatibility View'. Overall I'd say that version 10 makes Internet Explorer even more like Google Chrome so take that as you will.

The reviews I've read say IE 10 has better built-in security so that's a plus but it all goes on behind the scenes so I'm not aware of it while surfing the Web.

Posted Image

flmadness
Member Avatar
not the droid you're looking for
i use chrome almost exclusively, but use ie for some work programs(have to =/).

also the incognito mode is a life saver at work.
Edited by flmadness, Apr 24 2013, 04:32 PM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Wow, I didn't even know what incognito mode was so I took a look at the Chrome control panel and that was both a pleasant, and humorous, surprise. :lol:

Origin305
Member Avatar
I've used all of them and some not even on this list (WaterFox, IceWeasel and maxthon to name a few) but I always come back to Firefox. I don't know what it is, I think I just like the look over Chrome. Another reason I never used chrome for extended periods of time was because my tin foil hat is on to tight and I heard about google tracking you through chrome when it first came out but it looks like they stopped that (but they already know everything).

I work at a computer repair shop and I have seen some nightmares with the new IE10. So I'm glad to see that its working out for you Grizz. For example it says no pages can be loaded when connected to wifi on a laptop but I can ping websites. Rolled it back to IE9 and they loaded. So we usually recommend Firefox.
97/296 NTSC

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
One nice touch I've noticed about IE10 is that it automatically spell checks my post when I'm writing in an on-line forum. This is a God-send as I'm probably the worst speller on the face of the planet. :-8

Posted Image

justinwebb
Member Avatar
I use all of them, I am a software developer :)

My collection and wanted list!

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I currently use a combination of all 3. I have them all in my task bar down the bottom and just open whatever these days. I would say mostly chrome at home though and mostly Firefox a work.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: