Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Regarding Banned Members
Topic Started: Dec 29 2012, 11:39 AM (7,494 Views)
The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I don't think I really encountered needler directly at any time, he was just one of those names I noticed from time to time. As for ausgamer, that is somewhat of a surprise to me as I did a transaction with him some months ago and it went off without a hitch. Hopefully I didn't contribute to anything shady he might have had going on.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
ddr2nite, Thank you for what you said.

Shadow, He had done quite a lot of business here with various members. I know his secret may come across as a shock to many members, but can assure you it is all true. Other recent developments have proved it further.

Again, if any of you have any useful information or suspicions, please pass them along in a pm to me or other staff.
Thank you all.

Cabanon
Elite
is there any real proof of shill bidding on his own auction or is this just speculation ? if you have solid proof, i would honestly contact ebay about this so his account can be banned.

everytime we think we've seen it all, there's just another level of shadiness that get exploited. damn people sometimes !

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
amr355 was one of his names, and an eBay name as well. He has even making offers on controllers that I have for sale and know that he made 2 offers to K87 on his M2000. I can only imagine how low tey would ave been.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Cabanon,
I have not had the time to verify every claim against him yet as I have family visiting in town right now. I have been told by at least 3 sources now that verify that some of his other alias names were involved in their transactions with him. It is safe to assume the worst from that to me, but I will be digging deeper for my personal satisfaction.

Dee, amr355 is one of the accounts he was using on here as an alternate as well. Thank you for the information.

Definitely a shady individual!

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Small update. I verified the Ebay claims. The accusations were true. The same conglomeration of user names on here (with matching IP's) is also on there. These accounts constantly give feedback one to another. I saw accounts that were Anthony as amr355, ganstaterrybeer, terry_454, his cousin I believe (jasonv1988), and girlfriend (staceym007). I want to be clear, I believe these are all 1 person acting like many.

3 hours later I have individually banned all 100+ of his IP's, and investigated those claims. The reward, nailing another one of his accounts created on here January 1st called "Shadow".

If anybody had any doubts before, I hope this casts light on this crook.

Cabanon
Elite
holy crap. I hate scammers and he needs to be punished for that. report that to ebay asap.

100+ IPs, must be a pain to retrieve a new IP everyday just to scam people.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
If this is the case, then how do I stop him from bidding on my stuff on eBay? I really don't want anything to do with him if this is what's going on.

Surely there must be away from stopping an eBay member from bidding on your items.

Posted Image

K87
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
Jan 4 2013, 07:20 AM
amr355 was one of his names, and an eBay name as well. He has even making offers on controllers that I have for sale and know that he made 2 offers to K87 on his M2000. I can only imagine how low tey would ave been.
His offer was $5.00 but I had auto decline for offers that ridiculous and when I was selling my daiei hawks console he put $100.
stinger9142
Jan 5 2013, 01:43 AM
Small update. I verified the Ebay claims. The accusations were true. The same conglomeration of user names on here (with matching IP's) is also on there. These accounts constantly give feedback one to another. I saw accounts that were Anthony as amr355, ganstaterrybeer, terry_454, his cousin I believe (jasonv1988), and girlfriend (staceym007). I want to be clear, I believe these are all 1 person acting like many.

3 hours later I have individually banned all 100+ of his IP's, and investigated those claims. The reward, nailing another one of his accounts created on here January 1st called "Shadow".

If anybody had any doubts before, I hope this casts light on this crook.
I had a run in with staceym007 when I was selling my daiei hawks console she was making me offers of $200 and preaching about how high the price is when she had a clear red boxed console up for sale for $700 at the same time.
Edited by K87, Jan 5 2013, 08:24 AM.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Ha now that u mention it. I do remember staceym007. I sent them a few Meg's about those $700 consoles. Bloody ludacris

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Guys, I will be honest. I have never used EBAY to buy anything, and have limited knowledge of it. I don't know how to go about reporting things, or trying to block anybody. I will say that if anybody wants the links to the specifics I mentioned, PM me, and I will share them.

I little side note: His girlfriends account it listed as "no longer a member" on ebay. I THINK the Jason account also was closed. There were quite a few closed accounts that left feedback across the list of aliases. I don't know if that is truly suspicious or not.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
perhaps he's trying to cover his tracks by ending the accounts?
Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Here is the link to the page where you can block certain bidders on Ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
MKII, perhaps so. I didn't try to find a close date. those people had 100% feedback rating if I recall. I wondered if they had been shut down or something.

SicCooper: Thanks for including that link.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Caveat emptor which is Latin for "let the buyer beware".

Now that Nintendo 64 games and peripherals have become so sought-after price manipulators have jumped in to take advantage of uninformed and/or novice collectors. This is why if you really don't have a sincere passion for video games you should only purchase what you intend to play and leave the collecting to the experts.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
SicCooper
Jan 5 2013, 09:59 AM
Here is the link to the page where you can block certain bidders on Ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html
Thanks cooper. amr355 has been added to the list. Bet ill get a msg through eBay. Serves him right tho, how can you trust someone who uses multiple names and multiple IP address.

Thanks to the staff for protecting this community and giving us the option to also be aware of them through other Internet sites.

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Not a problem. Forum trust and forum integrity are high priority.

A bust like this is hard to do without the help of a member coming forward. A special thanks goes to him.

If anybody ever has proof or even suspicions about a similar situation, it never hurts to look into it. Please pass the word along.

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Sad the lengths people go to.

I have some suspicions myself on how he got so many IPS. But it would be impossible to block I believe and I don't want to give them any ideas of they're reading
Posted Image

cyan_phoenix
Bloody hell. It has just occurred to me he has contacted me under all those different usernames regarding stuff I have for sale, not cool. Thanks for all your detective work Stinger!

Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I'm just going to sound out what others have already said but great job on all the detective work stinger.

We (N64 Forever), or any other community for that matter needs this type of character amongst them. Scamming will not be tolerated, especially not here.

Great job again stinger :yeah:
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Matt
Jan 5 2013, 09:01 PM
Sad the lengths people go to.

I have some suspicions myself on how he got so many IPS. But it would be impossible to block I believe and I don't want to give them any ideas of they're reading
It is possible to have MANY IP's and have nothing done wrong. I probably have more than anybody, at least more than anybody I have seen. I log in from my phone a lot, and have lived 3 different places in the last year. I am not sure how so many come in to play, but yikes :lol:

Perhaps his number IS from a certain method of taking advantage though, who knows.

Phoenix and Clarky, No problem guys. As always, my pleasure to serve the community :)

*EDIT* just checked for kicks. I have over 180+ myself. That is insane. I recounted all the ones that span the Anthony ordeal. There were right at 100 involved, with most of them being tied to the "ausgamer355" account.
Edited by stinger9142, Jan 6 2013, 02:24 PM.

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I'm kinda curious about what Needles did. I know the guy was offensive, but this must've been pretty bad to give him the boot.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
WOW that is just crazy, i would never had guessed that sort of stuff was going on here, you doing a great job Stinger, and the rest of the Admin of corse, thanks for all you do for us in keeping these clowns off this forum, this is one reason why i keep coming back. :yeah:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Stik, what ultimately got him wasn't actually his initial offense. It was his refusing to comply and the action he threatened to do.

Scooter, it is a part of growing I guess. Glad to hear you approve of the job :)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Message to all members

After much deliberation and careful consideration the staff has unanimously decided to permanently ban ItsOnlyAFleshWound from this forum.
He has been disrespectful towards other members and staff on multiple occasions and used the PM system to intimidate another member.
Despite several warnings he did not change his disruptive behavior and his recent outbursts left us no choice but to act in this manner.

Let this be a reminder to everyone that we do have certain rules of conduct here.
Choose to ignore them at your own peril.

I would also like to add that using the PM system to attack another member is among the most serious of offenses. Any such PM's should be immediately be reported to a staff member.

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Whoa, I didn't see that coming. I've noticed him being rude lately but he always seemed very knowledgeable. Again, I'm glad he's been properly dealt with though and you're keeping the forums safe and scum-free :P Thanks for looking out for everyone. :yeah:
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Thanks for the update stinger. It's good to know that the staff are on to sorting things like this out.

It's sad to see a member go but you can't have that type of behaviour going on here. :yeah:

Posted Image

Waddle Dee
Member Avatar
Wat
Wait what, I mean I know he was a bit rude but he wasn't the only offending person here. He was really helpful around here and from the time I have known him, he seemed to be a pretty good guy. But I haven't also been intimated by him, im sure you guys made the right decision but it really sucks that someone like him got the boot
Simply Subscribe For My Love:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Crumpocalypse

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Waddle: you are correct in that he was not the only one who acted out of line. Other parties were dealt with as well. Fleshwound was however the only one who elected to attack (unprovoked) another member through a pm. Punishments like this are typically done after a prevailing pattern of negative behavior is identified, and repeated behavior warnings go unheeded.

For the record, the notification mentions this was not his only offense, though it is the one that became the final straw.

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
I can't say I knew him even the slightest, but I hope ( and I'm certain ) action was taken becausr it was deemed necessary. This is at least good in the sense that it means the staff care about the quality of the forum's content.

Let's just hope this doesn't have to happen again!
Edited by YogurtStorm, Feb 12 2013, 06:20 PM.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply