Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Regarding Banned Members
Topic Started: Dec 29 2012, 11:39 AM (8,181 Views)
The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
That's an interesting idea right there. Perhaps the admin will look into that possibility?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Thanks for the heads-up KC

Why does that guy keep coming if he's not wanted? It's like being rejected from a group of people yet awkwardly coming back all the time :lol:

Also, he must have so much time to lose to create that many fake email addresses.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

cyan_phoenix
Nagato
Apr 11 2013, 11:01 PM
DeeMoney
Apr 11 2013, 10:45 PM
stinger9142
Apr 11 2013, 05:55 PM
DeeMoney, I am glad to hear you were suspicious as well. I was as well when I welcomed him this morning.

Just the investigator in me coming out. I noticed the exact time he signed up and what topics he was looking at. it just so happened that it coincided with the banning of slikmick and thats what he was looking at. I thought it might have been him because of that and because of the time stamp on his member profile being the same as mine (Australian time).
I reckon we need 2 Australian/New Zealanders as mods/admins to help maintain this timezone on the forum.
Just make sure you get someone who is NOT ausgamer355 or fleshwound to be admin otherwise we will all be screwed :p

I also can't help feel to be suspicious of new aussie members because of the amount of multi-accounts recently (this is coming from an Aussie :/), and it is a real shame too.
Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

Nagato
Member Avatar
Yeah I know the feeling cyan. :( It's all from our neck of the woods!

To arms my brothers!

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
YogurtStorm
Apr 11 2013, 11:47 PM
Why does that guy keep coming if he's not wanted?
Because this site is full of great charismatic characters thats why :dance:

Great job BTW Stinger, keep up the good work :yeah:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Don't worry fellow Aussies, we won't let these minor blemishes ruin our reputation.

It is a shame though that the last couple if guys that we have had issues with have been Australian. But there have been a few members banned in the past that have been from else where. :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
rudydwicahyo12 has been banned. Joined to post ads for kitchen remodeling services :nope: , which of course, is against the forum rules.

Thanks The Red Shadow for the hot tip. :yeah:

P.S. My first banning :dance: Oh, the power >:-]
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Where any market is competitive or potentially profitable there will always be a ready supply of people looking to take advantage of these factors.

Not unique to any particular region or country though. Nor is being obnoxious or offensive... let's not forget this.

Besides... Aussie-bashing already has a home. It's called The Ashes.

:unsure:

tingletopic
Member Avatar
Nice job bluedogrulez, thanks for keeping the forums clean! :)
My Nintendo Games
Nes-11 total, 1 CIB ~~~ N64-30 total, no CIB's YET ~~~ SNES-10 total, 2 CIB ~~~ Virtual Boy-1 total, no CIB ~~~ Gamecube -48 total, all CIB ~~~ Wii-61 total, All CIB ~~~ 3ds-19 Total, All CIB ~~~ Wii U-6 total, all CIB

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
tingletopic
Jul 2 2013, 12:32 PM
Nice job bluedogrulez, thanks for keeping the forums clean! :)
Isn't that what the spammer wanted? :P

...Well, remodeling, close enough. >_>
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Highlander
Member Avatar
Scottish Member
You've got to question the mentality of these people :D

If the guys in Australia plugging Kitchen remodelling, whats his target audience on here? A retro gaming forum.

There are 13 Aussies on the members map, lets say there are 50 in total.

Australia's a big place so lets say 10 of those are within his area.

Whats the odd's on any of them currently needing a kitchen remodelling!! :D

They'd be better standing in the street handing out flyers! :D
Posted ImagePAL Collection No.2 148/243Posted Image

PM me to get added to the N64 Forever Members Map

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Add DJ Salty [Nutz], Quagga and Quagga1 to the banned members list.

A few days ago, I went to change DJ SALTY NUTZ's name (for being offensive) when I saw his email address that began: "quagga-99". Too big a coincidence to be ignored. The staff immediately reviewed all information at our disposal and determined to a high degree of certainty that this was the same user. As stated in our rules, having multiple user accounts is strictly forbidded.

Accordingly, DJ Salty has been banned before making a single post here. Quagga has not posted in a long time, but had recently started lurking again. Quagga1 was an old account that was never used (I think there was a validation problem).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

justinwebb
Member Avatar
Lol digging through stuff is fun, I work in a fraud dept and that that's all I do is look for hackers and block them. You learn a lot about them in the process as well.

My collection and wanted list!

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Just an update to all members. We recently chose to ban new member, mstool.

He initially made a ridiculous post about Diddy Kong Racing, claiming all sorts of insulting and disrespectful nonsense about the developers (with no sort of credible sources). He also used the topic to pointlessly plug a reddit article he wrote. When he was warned to stop in public view in that topic, he ignored the warning and continued to rant on. I messaged him privately to warn him again, and to inform him the staff was deciding IF we were going to ban him or not.

This member is a troll who is here for nothing more than to agitate members and stir up trouble. He incoherently rambled on in another topic. The rest of the staff concurred he was a trouble maker and the decision was made to ban him. I thereafter informed him of that decision. Of course he revealed his character further after this. He created a new account to try and stir up problems by posting more babbling nonsense calling the Admins communist in a reply under the name "mstool2", and also resorted to sending me a personal message calling me a communist and a coward.

This member broke multiple rules both before and after being banned. (Posting just to advertise, rambling off topic without adding to any conversation, trolling to try and create arguments, ignoring staff admonishments, and eventually swearing and attacking the staff both publicly and privately.)

We do not tolerate trouble makers here, and you all know we operate fairly. This troll was initially reported by one of our great members here. I ask you all to please keep a watchful eye out for this trouble makers, and to please report anything you see out of line.

Thank you all

Meader
Member Avatar
Competitor
I really respect how you guys are public about what you do in regards to rule breaking, punishment, and banning. Also how you guys let everybody talk about it. You guys rock.
Posted Image
Work - Love - Nintendo 64

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Thank you, Meader. :yeah:

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I reed that article you were talking about, I also thought it was a bit crass. It's pretty obvious once you start calling out an admin that your going to get kicked soon.

Good work admins and like meader said it's nice how you guys are close enough to your members that you can share this stuff in a professional way, props to you and our community.
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Aug 22 2015, 11:38 AM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I agree the topic in question was trash. Good work. :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Nice work, admins (especially stinger, nice work, man!). You all are the most dedicated admins I've seen on ANY forum. I completely agree with Meader and keep it up, guys. Legends, you are. ^_^ :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
You all are too kind. I am glad to see others felt the same about the post being trash and out of place here.

Thankfully we don't get too many clowns like that rolling through :yeah:

Meader
Member Avatar
Competitor
stinger9142
Aug 22 2015, 01:39 PM
You all are too kind. I am glad to see others felt the same about the post being trash and out of place here.

Thankfully we don't get too many clowns like that rolling through :yeah:
And when we do, they're handled like Misty-May with a volley ball.
Posted Image
Work - Love - Nintendo 64

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
It has fortunately been a long time since a post had to be made in this topic.

The decision was made today by a majority of the staff to ban member SoloJones64
We try to operate with transparency here. Keeping up with traditions, I will explain our decision.

This ban is due to breaking forum rules (rule number 4 in this instance)
"4. CONFLICTS / DISAGREEMENTS -
Members are to avoid conflict with other members or staff on the forum. Any issues need to be handled properly in the most private way possible. Any disagreements should be handled in emails off of our forum system when possible, or through our PM system if need be. Please note that outright personal attacks and abuse through our PM system will not be tolerated. If your conflict is in regards to a Buy/Sale/Trade transaction you may leave factual information in our "Feedback" topic. This can allow you to state your case in an orderly way, without open conflict on the forum. Any other comments made that defame/deface another member here will not be tolerated under any circumstance. It should go without saying, but trolling/intentional agitation of other members will not be tolerated."

SoloJones64 chose to directly attack a member of our staff in a recent topic. In the face of admonishment, he ignored the warning and continued to direct hostility and disrespect towards the staff member. He then went on to make threats in the face of being banned that he would just make alternate accounts.

This is threatening to break rule number 5
"5. USER NAMES / ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS -
Do not choose a username that imitates another registered member username. We strongly discourage you from selecting a username that incorporates your personal information (such as your full name or birth year). We allow 1 account per person as well as per household. If we suspect anyone of using or creating an alternate account, they will be banned."

At this time, the decision to ban him was made and carried out. Upon banning his IP addresses, it was discovered that SoloJones64 had at least 2 alternate accounts already. These were not made in response to the ban, but were already in place. While I am unsure of the reasons he chose to make alternate accounts in this last year, it hurts the validity of the voting carried out on this forum. Nobody wants to have the integrity of theme contest voting called in to question, or game of the month for that matter. This just further justifies the need for him to be banned.

This should serve as a reminder that it does not matter how long someone has been a part of our forum, they are still expected to behave themselves respectfully and be civil with one another.

I look forward to moving past this, as I am sure you all are as well...

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
He was a bit too salty. Then to verbally assult an admin?!
It was just too insulting to ignore.

These pretzels, are making me thirsty!!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I've never understood why people feel compelled to create multiple accounts. :wacko:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
This emoticon is for you Dan. Posted Image
It's also a nice representation of me watching that mess unfold. This was the first time I've seen a member get banned before my very eyes so it was neat, not that I want to see people be that vitriolic towards other members.

I understand the ban but I'm curious as to why the entire thread disappeared too?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Shellshocker: the thread is being reviewed by the staff; its removal is temporary, but it will reappear without the nonsense. Too important a thread to be derailed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Good decision. It is bad enough coming up with a hateful post but to continue going off on one, after fair warning, is a ban in its own right. Multiple accounts is also very odd, and again, violation of the rules so he should go on that alone. The worst thing of all is that all of that could have been avoided, but in a way, it has helped clear away some of the dead wood.

We don't need people like that here. Good move mods!
Edited by Milage007, Feb 15 2017, 02:26 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Small update - I want to thank No64DD for catching on to a SoloJones64 alternate account. ControlFreak64 has been banned accordingly. I would encourage any members who ever have suspicions of anything like this to contact an Admin asap.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
You're welcome. The sad part is that this person probably looks up to some of us, but he does so by defying policy, and real ethics.
I believe this is possibly a good example of what can happen to an individual when seeking an audience on social media.
I think it is important to consider what kind of person is viewing your collection(s), and the potential risks involved.

Take it however you would like to see it. :yeah:

Edited by No64DD, Jun 1 2017, 07:35 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
You may be correct there. Something happens to some folks, and they cannot handle being banned. They will continually try to sneak and deceive folks to get back on to this forum. Kind of like an obsessed, crazy ex girlfriend. :lol:

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply