Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Regarding Banned Members
Topic Started: Dec 29 2012, 11:39 AM (8,180 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Needler420 was messaged about a post that violated several rules. His responses were unacceptable and contained threats that would impair the ability of the staff to function properly. It became apparent to the staff that his continued membership would be detrimental to the forum and could therefore no longer be accommodated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I will not bring up specifics. I will just say it was not deleted. It doesn't need to be brought up again in any way. He made comments that were derogatory to a specific member. The post was deemed rude, off topic, and an attempt to initiate conflict. Upon contacting him repeatedly, he showed no remorse or concern about the broken rules. Also he exhibited a pattern of negative comments toward other members. Anyhow, no more since he is BANNED ;)
Edited by stinger9142, Dec 29 2012, 01:05 PM.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I wanted to clarify, if I sounded like I didn't want people discussing his being banned, that isn't what I intended. I meant I didn't want to discuss the initial offending post again.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I am glad you guys seem understanding. I don't like banning people either, it is the un-fun part of the job.

He wasn't ALL bad. Over the last year he had a habit of emoticon only replies as well as a plethora of replies that added nothing to the discussion. Many replies were off topic as well. Those are technically rule violations, but the kind of stuff nobody really harps on if it isn't a barrage of it. The derogatory personal attack prompted the pm, so I discussed the 3 rules he broke specifically with his post as well as the ones he had a pattern of breaking. Instead of compliance, he continued to harp about the issue he was told to drop.

I hope that gives you guys a better understanding of why we reached this decision. He had chances. Both of my pm's to him ended with plainly saying that if he didn't follow the rules, he would be gone. He didn't acknowledge I said it either time, and chose to make yet another derogatory and "contribute nothing" reply this morning before the vote. The derogatory one has since been deleted.

I didn't really intend to divulge so many details. Truthfully though, the staff has nothing to hide. I wouldn't want people thinking we did someone unfairly.

I will refrain from mentioning what his threat was.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
jonebone
Dec 30 2012, 07:21 AM
he was an obvious troll.
Funny you say that - during staff talks, his behavior was described as "troolish" :lol:

Thanks for the support guys.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Yes, the web is full of trolls.

Grizz, it bordered on causing conflict at first. We were apprehensive, but let it go on because you handle it the right way. People were rude at times, and you still were polite back to them. Occasionally we will get a new member who is put off by it, but it has been a pretty successful topic. It even garnered some nominations for thread of the year if I recall correctly. Props to you for the way you handle yourself in that thread!

I am all for free speech, just not conflict and tension ;)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
No problem. Some bans are more comprehensive. His was to the highest degree we are able. All his IP's are banned, his email is banned, his account has a general ban and is closed as well. It is not fool proof, I am sure a dedicated individual would find a way.

For extra caution I used geolocation on his IP addresses. I currently check this location against all new members for some time to ensure, as much as possible, that he is not coming back.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Usually only that type of ban if reserved for someone you anticipate backlash from. A typical join only to "spam and go" type of member gets the standard ban.

I have only used the geolocation deal a couple of times before in regards to bans, as thankfully we don't have to ban many members :)
It is an excellent tool for investigating multiple account type situations.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Feeling the support of our member base behind us is a great feeling. It is my pleasure to serve on the staff, and I am sure the rest of the staff feels the same way. We have something rare here, no doubt about it. At the rate we are growing, we sure have no room for bad apples.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I regret to say that we have been forced to ban another member.

Many of you know ausgamer355. I will make this as brief as possible. Ausgamer355 had multiple accounts on here, a few to be exact. We launched an investigation in to the matter a couple of weeks ago after suspicious activity (he turned his ausgamer account over to another person, and started a new account, terry_454") as well as a tip from an unnamed member who had proof that he also has multiple accounts on EBAY.

IP address evidence verified these claims to some degree. All accounts in question were suspended until we could sort things out. While trying to find time to verify all the claims (it is the holidays and all) ausgamer sent an inflammatory message in response to the suspensions. I advised him to be honest, patient, and truthful. I also told him to be respectful, as I would be with him. A few days past and I received an email tonight from ausgamer making disrespectful remarks and making challenges.

I had stated to him " Hostility will only cease the investigation prematurely, leaving your account still suspended." and that is just what he did.

Upon hearing the claims of multiple account use, he didn't deny it or try to defend himself. To put it bluntly, all things point to this guy being a fraud. He uses the same member names on ebay as he did on here largely. He uses these accounts to drive up prices and work things to his benefit if prices don't go as high as he would like when selling. These were the charges against him. I can tell you the IP's match on our forum, and those usernames have a record of doing business with each other on ebay.

The accounts his IP's matched were ausgamer355, amr355, terry_454, ausryan, and mumbo. Please everyone beware of this persons tactics. If any member sees anything suspicious regarding new member activity or anything, please let us know. He had hundreds of IP's (a real blast to check all of believe me!) and can and likely will beat our ban system if he tries. If you even have a slight suspicion that he may be another member, please pass it along to the staff.

This forum is a wonderful place, and has no need for fraudulent individuals. I am sure you all agree.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Unfortunately I am serious. I truthfully didn't either prior to the start of it all unraveling before us. In case I was not clear enough before Terry (ausgamer) was pretending to be himself/his boss/and apparently his cousin in a complex and confusing mess. I know without a doubt he was operating both terry_454 and ausgamer, as he was contacting me from ausgamer (who was supposed to be his boss then) and posting as terry_454 on here at the same time. It all gets really confusing, as he has apparently changed his story about who was who on here before.

To top it all of, as you all probably know, he uses VERY poor English. This only adds to the mess when trying to sort it out.
Grizzmeister
Jan 3 2013, 09:43 PM
I certainly do agree! Excellent detective work on your behalf, I might add.

Isn't it sad that dishonest people permeate everything nowadays simply to further their own selfish aims? :angry:
Thanks, but a lot of it was just laid before me though (Thanks to our member who helped tip us off). I can claim the daunting task of IP address checking :angry:

Yes, it really is sad Grizz :(

It does make me appreciate our good members even more though!

Edited by stinger9142, Jan 3 2013, 09:53 PM.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
ddr2nite, Thank you for what you said.

Shadow, He had done quite a lot of business here with various members. I know his secret may come across as a shock to many members, but can assure you it is all true. Other recent developments have proved it further.

Again, if any of you have any useful information or suspicions, please pass them along in a pm to me or other staff.
Thank you all.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Cabanon,
I have not had the time to verify every claim against him yet as I have family visiting in town right now. I have been told by at least 3 sources now that verify that some of his other alias names were involved in their transactions with him. It is safe to assume the worst from that to me, but I will be digging deeper for my personal satisfaction.

Dee, amr355 is one of the accounts he was using on here as an alternate as well. Thank you for the information.

Definitely a shady individual!

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Small update. I verified the Ebay claims. The accusations were true. The same conglomeration of user names on here (with matching IP's) is also on there. These accounts constantly give feedback one to another. I saw accounts that were Anthony as amr355, ganstaterrybeer, terry_454, his cousin I believe (jasonv1988), and girlfriend (staceym007). I want to be clear, I believe these are all 1 person acting like many.

3 hours later I have individually banned all 100+ of his IP's, and investigated those claims. The reward, nailing another one of his accounts created on here January 1st called "Shadow".

If anybody had any doubts before, I hope this casts light on this crook.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Guys, I will be honest. I have never used EBAY to buy anything, and have limited knowledge of it. I don't know how to go about reporting things, or trying to block anybody. I will say that if anybody wants the links to the specifics I mentioned, PM me, and I will share them.

I little side note: His girlfriends account it listed as "no longer a member" on ebay. I THINK the Jason account also was closed. There were quite a few closed accounts that left feedback across the list of aliases. I don't know if that is truly suspicious or not.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
MKII, perhaps so. I didn't try to find a close date. those people had 100% feedback rating if I recall. I wondered if they had been shut down or something.

SicCooper: Thanks for including that link.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Not a problem. Forum trust and forum integrity are high priority.

A bust like this is hard to do without the help of a member coming forward. A special thanks goes to him.

If anybody ever has proof or even suspicions about a similar situation, it never hurts to look into it. Please pass the word along.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Matt
Jan 5 2013, 09:01 PM
Sad the lengths people go to.

I have some suspicions myself on how he got so many IPS. But it would be impossible to block I believe and I don't want to give them any ideas of they're reading
It is possible to have MANY IP's and have nothing done wrong. I probably have more than anybody, at least more than anybody I have seen. I log in from my phone a lot, and have lived 3 different places in the last year. I am not sure how so many come in to play, but yikes :lol:

Perhaps his number IS from a certain method of taking advantage though, who knows.

Phoenix and Clarky, No problem guys. As always, my pleasure to serve the community :)

*EDIT* just checked for kicks. I have over 180+ myself. That is insane. I recounted all the ones that span the Anthony ordeal. There were right at 100 involved, with most of them being tied to the "ausgamer355" account.
Edited by stinger9142, Jan 6 2013, 02:24 PM.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Stik, what ultimately got him wasn't actually his initial offense. It was his refusing to comply and the action he threatened to do.

Scooter, it is a part of growing I guess. Glad to hear you approve of the job :)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Message to all members

After much deliberation and careful consideration the staff has unanimously decided to permanently ban ItsOnlyAFleshWound from this forum.
He has been disrespectful towards other members and staff on multiple occasions and used the PM system to intimidate another member.
Despite several warnings he did not change his disruptive behavior and his recent outbursts left us no choice but to act in this manner.

Let this be a reminder to everyone that we do have certain rules of conduct here.
Choose to ignore them at your own peril.

I would also like to add that using the PM system to attack another member is among the most serious of offenses. Any such PM's should be immediately be reported to a staff member.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Waddle: you are correct in that he was not the only one who acted out of line. Other parties were dealt with as well. Fleshwound was however the only one who elected to attack (unprovoked) another member through a pm. Punishments like this are typically done after a prevailing pattern of negative behavior is identified, and repeated behavior warnings go unheeded.

For the record, the notification mentions this was not his only offense, though it is the one that became the final straw.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
We most certainly care, yogurt. Rude and disrespectful behavior goes completely against the atmosphere we wish to maintain here.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Well put, griz. Keeping a high standard of behavior is paramount, as well as honesty and trust when it comes to business transactions. :)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Thank you, tnt. I appreciate your support, and am sure the rest of the staff does as well. :)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
jonebone
Feb 13 2013, 01:52 PM
Forum participation is a privilege, not a right. There are definitely collectors in the community that I'm not too fond of, but you learn to co-exist with these people for the greater good of the hobby. Besides, you never know who may own something you want to buy or may buy something you want to sell. Better to be civil with everyone instead of making enemies.

But if you spout off at the mouth repeatedly and continue to belittle others, there's no room for you on a collector's forum. Stick to eBay and have fun collecting by your lonesome.
My thoughts exactly, Jonebone :D

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
If you are speaking of ausgamer\anthony reakes - I have been meaning to mention that I have furthur information regarding other possible accounts. If anybody is interested in it, please contact me, and I will provide it to you. This would be provided to those who ask for the sake of avoiding him.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Hey everybody. I just want to clear member, Mumbo, from being an alternate account of ausgamer/Reakes. He had a couple of coincidental IP address matches and was initially assumed guilty by myself for safety sake. After some visiting with him and a staff member who had done business with him, it was determined that he was most definitely not Anthony Reakes. My apologies go out to him for associating his name with that character, and would like to welcome him back to the forum.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
It may take a couple of reads to follow you completely, trigger, but I don't find it irritating. I am glad you take the time to translate and try :D

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
The staff recently made the decision to ban member, johnny5, after discovering he was actually banned member, itsonlyafleshwound. Also member, slikmick35 was banned for suspicion of being him as well. Buyer beware, we believe he has more accounts still. If anybody has any helpful information, we would appreciate it being shared with the staff.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
No explanation or denial of the accusations was ever made by slikmick35 after he was banned. All new Aussie members are now thoroughly checked out of course. New member, rossco88, was looked into a moment ago by myself. Their IP's match. BIG SHOCK :P That account has now been banned as well. I would like to ask all members to please help keep a watchful eye. You can never be too careful, don't hesitate to contact us if you have doubts about someone.

As stated by rossco88 in his intro post, his intent was to sell items here. If this is truly fleshwound, he apparently can't do business as he wishes without access to our site. He had told me in a recent insulting email rant that he was only going to be viewing this forum as a guest since we keep banning his new accounts. I believe this was an obvious attempt to get us to think he wasn't going to be creating new accounts.

The lengths some people will go to....

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: