Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Anyone know some really scary movies
Topic Started: Jan 13 2013, 09:56 AM (1,570 Views)
Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone can tell me some really scary movies ive watched quite a few but cant seem to find anything really scary.
Thanks In Advance to anyone who answers :yeah:
Edited by Phantom, Jan 13 2013, 09:57 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Not to many movies are truly scary to me. A lot of zombie style movies are fun and shocking at times, but don't terrify me really.

I will say the two that come to my mind first are The Others and Excorsist 3. That is just me though ;)

I am going to move this over to the "Entertainment and Sports" section. It fits there, and that place needs activity :lol:

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
No Worrys, Ill Check Out 'the Others' Saw Excorsist 3 thought it was pretty good cant beat the original tho :lol:

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I actually like 3 better myself. I think it is the serial killer aspect of it.

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
I don't know how scary it is, but I really like the movie Signs with Mel Gibson. Its so awesome!

Posted Image

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
SicCooper
Jan 13 2013, 01:06 PM
I don't know how scary it is, but I really like the movie Signs with Mel Gibson. Its so awesome!
When I was in grade 6, the scene where you see the leg dissapear into the cropfield scarred me for weeks lmao.

In all honesty, if you want to see something GUT-WRENCHINGLY scary, watch a movie called Martyrs

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

It's originally in french but it's well dubbed in English
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
I want to see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre but somebody told me it was banned, Does anyone know if you can still get it or not?

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
True scary movies are ones that are like thrillers, that keep you on the edge of your seat, only to scare the living hell out of you when something jumps out at you.

Some that are good IMO are

The Woman in Black
The Others
Psycho
The Birds
The Ring
The Shining
The Omen

These are just some of the ones that I've seen. Actually scare you type of stuff.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

RodneyP
Member Avatar
This little lot are more psychological...

Audition
Session 9
Don't Look Now
155 games & counting!
UK PAL console with Goldeneye
US NTSC Toys'r'us Gold exclusive with two pads
JAP NTSC basic version

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
For some this might just be another crappy video game movie but if you are really into the Silent Hill games then the first Silent Hill movie was pretty good and had some nice scares. I haven't seen the new movie yet.

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
Red Shadow, Funny You Mentioned That Movie I Just Rented It Today And About To Watch It :D

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Excellent. I hope you enjoy it. :yeah:

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
thanks to everyone who has mentioned some movies, got a few to check out now :yeah:
still love to here some more suggestions aswell :w00t:

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
RodneyP
Jan 14 2013, 05:02 AM
This little lot are more psychological...

Audition
OMG... this movie is seriously SOOOOOO MESSED UP!!!
Absolutely, without a doubt, the most disturbing movie I've ever seen in my entire life. And probably for the rest of it, too. I don't remember it being so much scary as much as it was disturbing. It's from Japan... and they know their horror pretty well. Dee mentioned "The Ring" which was a remake of the Japanese "Ringu"... both are a good, though "purists" would say the Japanese is scarier. I actually liked the English version better. If you like the Japanese style, there's "Ju-On" (The Grudge) and "Jissatsu Circle" (Suicide Club).

"Martyrs" (which YogurtStorm mentioned) is pretty disturbing as well.

Other notably faves in the genre I can think of right now are "Event Horizon" (being a fan of sci-fi horror), "Descent", and "The Blair Witch Project". If you like the documentary-style of Blair Witch, you could also check out "REC" or the US remake "Quarantine".

Less scary (but still enjoyable) movies I have in my collection (that I can remember off the top of my head) are: Cloverfield, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead (the remake), and The Shining (the original by Stanley Kubrik).
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Event Horizon, yes! Great example of sci-fi horror.

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
I Bought a few zombie movies today not really scary but still, i love zombie movies, I got Zombieland, Shaun of the dead (which also came with Hot Fuzz), 28 Weeks Later/28 Days Later and House of The Dead 2 :w00t:

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Very nice. I really liked Zombieland and 28 Days Later. I need to watch the sequel to that last one. I'm a big fan of the Dawn of the Dead movie made in 2004. That was the movie that got me into the zombie fad.

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
The First 28 Days Later movie is much better than the second one in my opinion, Dont know what it is about zombie movies but they are just the best :yeah: That new Day Z movie looks pretty cool aswell
And i havent seen dawn of the dead yet :facepalm: Defenetly on my watchlist
Edited by Phantom, Jan 16 2013, 08:57 AM.

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
The Shining(oh god i could not sleep for nights after watching that)
Invasion of The Body Snatchers
Dracula Prince of Darkness(so scared of it,i even made a creative writing story based off of it)
Trick r' Treat(first and only rated r I've ever watched)
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Rarely do I get freaked out by horror movies, but the ones that have gotten to me are:

-Ringu 1998 (Japenese "The Ring")
-The Shining 1980
-The Thing 1982
-REC 2007
-Perfect Blue 1997 (A Japanese anime so it's not for everybody's tastes, but very captivating and haunting if given the patience.)

Saw Audition, not as scary as it is just messed up.. was disappointed and frustrated. lol The telephone sequences are brilliant, but other than that wasn't enthused with the movie overall.

I keep hearing great things about Session 9, Martyrs, Jacob's Ladder, The Conjuring, and Event Horizon so I'll have to check all those out. Thanks guys.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
I went to see The Conjuring last weekend. It really freaked me out. I love a good scary film and this is up there with the best of them. Good acting, good story, believable ghosts and real edge-of-your-seat, nail biting tension. Very intense horror.

retrozombieslayer
Member Avatar
Holy Nintendo, Batman!
My favorite horror movies (in no particular order):

- Evil Dead II (1987)
- Halloween (1978)
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
- The Shining (1980)
- The Thing (1982)
- The Exorcist (1973)
- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- Alien (1979)

...And some REAL classics:

- Frankenstein
- Bride of Frankenstein
- Nosferatu
Collection: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance SP, DS Lite, DSi, PSP-1000

My (horrifically outdated) Horror Blog:
http://horrorshowspooktacular.blogspot.com/

zar
Member Avatar
The Conjuring was a great movie. And I really don't care for horror movies very much but 90% of this one was perfect. I actually wanna see it again!
Posted Image

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
retrozombieslayer
Aug 14 2013, 05:36 PM
My favorite horror movies (in no particular order):

- Halloween (1978)
Probably one of my favourite Horror movies ever :yeah:

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
The Red Shadow
Jan 14 2013, 07:07 PM
Event Horizon, yes! Great example of sci-fi horror.
This movie really engaged me and I was loving it.. Then the last 20 minutes came and went. :( Ohhhh boy...

This was easily becoming one of my favorite sci-fi flicks while watching, but unfortunately at the end the movie takes a sharp turn and just "implodes" on itself. I'm shocked, I can't believe it got so silly in such a short amount of time. After it ended I saw the director in the credits and everything became clear, Paul W.S. Anderson. The lovely mind behind the Resident Evil film adaptations and AVP. This man is incapable of properly ending a movie. He's actually incapable of creating anything worth watching, however luckily on Event Horizon he had nothing to do with the story, plus there were two assistant directors on board to help keep it together. But I have no idea what the heck happened at the end. It's like Anderson didn't know what to shoot until that afternoon on set, that vibe is so apparent with the concussive onslaught of tropes that rapid fire in the final act. I'm curious to hear what your take is on the end Red, I feel like I got sucker punched in the gut. haha I'll explain my problem with it in the spoiler below:

Spoiler: click to toggle

I'm sure many audiences were upset walking about as was I, and considering this flopped at the box office it begs the question how the hell W.S. Anderson ever got to direct another big budget feature again.. But he did, and along with Uwe Bowell has helped tarnish video games throughout mainstream media for decades now.. >:-] Hollywood, please stop them, pretty please. lol

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Conjuring was phenomenal definitely freaks you out at parts. Most suspenseful movie I've seen
N64 has the best platforms

I want me some standees! Sunshine and mario 64, and BK series standees as well with zelda 64 :)

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm going to have to rewatch Event Horizon again then, methinks. I don't think I've watched it in over 10 years so my viewpoint might change.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
The Red Shadow
Sep 7 2013, 07:01 AM
I'm going to have to rewatch Event Horizon again then, methinks. I don't think I've watched it in over 10 years so my viewpoint might change.
Yeah, what I wrote doesn't make any sense unless you basically memorized the movie or just watched it. lol

It's on Netflix instant stream which is cool. Idk I might have been a little harsh in my review, but there is literally a flood of tropes at the end and anything before which was thought-provoking was thrown out the window. Really annoyed me because I got really into the movie while watching, haha yeah I need closure try to watch it again so I can resolve my issues. :rofl:

sam123
Established Member
Some great classic titles guys but I never found the ones mentioned that scary, the one that comes to mind which was scary for me is : The Sixth Sense....Bruce willis stars in it........then again, I watched it when I was a kid.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: