Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What Grinds Our Gears?; Post things that make you angry!
Topic Started: Jan 2 2008, 01:58 PM (6,705 Views)
Deku Link
Post things that make you angry or annoyed.

One of my big issues is people who sign up here and either post once or twice OR never post at all. I mean if you're going to sign up post every once in a while.

Swim practice; why the hell do i have to go TWICE a day even over the holidays?

Nowadays anytime a game gets a sequel its usually worse and shallower than the first.

The fact that I cant have my 360 and my computer connected at the same time? But then why can my bro use his PS3 while im on?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
People that refuse to spell words correctly or deploy punctuation as per simple rules that every native speaker of the English language acquired in their primary education drive me bonkers. Firefox checks spelling automatically and Internet Explore has a plugin that accomplishes the same task. Pidgin automatically checks spelling in instant messages and I'd assume AIM can do the same thing. Every email client worth using will give you a helpful red line underneath any word that is misspelled. A typo or two is one thing, but blatant disregard for obvious mistakes that are so easy to correct drives me insane!

I look forward to the day I'm allowed to teach English 101 -- I'll finally be able to take revenge on the world that has annoyed me so.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Deku Link
Jan 2 2008, 08:58 PM
The fact that I cant  Have my 360 connected and my computer at the same time? But then why can my bro use his PS3 while im on?

I can have my PC, Wii, DS and 360 online at the same time. I don't understand why you can only have a PC or 360 online at once. How is it connected to the net?

There's not much that bothers me but mindless fanboyism gets old really quickly.
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Nothing bothers me more than people who ask questions with more than obvious answers. I just don't understand it. Most of the time the person will already know the answer, yet proceed to ask somebody just for the sake of it.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Another thing that really "grinds my gears" would have to be the endless number of trend-followers. The music scene is a perfect example of this. 3 years ago, hoardes of teenage girls (and some teenage boys) were obsessed with bands like Simple Plan, Blink 182 etc. Once those bands lost popularity and all these nonsense "metalcore" and "emo" (i.e. cheap, watered-down metal) bands started gaining exposure, they all threw away their Blink CDs and were suddenly fans of Killswitch Engage and My Chemical Romance, claiming that they're "metal" fans and never liked those previous bands. Once those bands lose popularity, they'll just move on once again. It drives me absolutely insane.
-alxbly

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
When a guy, whose girlfriend cheated on him, cheats on her, she gets all upset, but she cheated on him first. Vice versa.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Applepieman
Jan 3 2008, 06:17 PM
When a guy, whose girlfriend cheated on him, cheats on her, she gets all upset, but she cheated on him first. Vice versa.

Yeah, that annoys me too. But in life, never forget this:

WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT...APPARENTLY.

Remember that and you'll never have any relationship problems. :lol:
-alxbly

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
-Games I enjoyed that didn't get sequels. Where's my Superman 64 2?

-People who think the PS2 is a good system. Even though I have never owned one and have only played a few games on it, I can say with the utmost confidence that it is a terrible system.

-peepl who lik to spel every word corectly and r bothered by those who dont r teh suxxors

-People who have made more than one post.

-People who think it is "Rapueda".

-Does 2+2 really equal 4? Because I know this 2-year-old who says differently.

-The Internet. All of it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The idea that Xbox 360 and PS3 games can't be fun because they don't have an "innovative" control scheme.

Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
^They can't be. They just can't. Never mind that the so-called innovative controls are just tacked-on to graphically downgraded games and don't work well to begin with, they're still a necessity for reasons no one dare question. Even the HD doesn't make up for it. Now Blu-ray, that's a feature worthy of $500! Even though I can't see the internal laser, just the thought of it being blue really makes me happy.

Deku Link
Old skool game franchies (IE Sonic, Megaman) that have been in a rapid decline lately.

Oh and alxbly im using a broadband ethernet connection for 360 and a USB cable for my PC.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
The kids in my psychology class... :-/
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deku Link
StYoung
Jan 2 2008, 05:50 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!

^ Awesome man! Family Guy rocks!
Meh, how are the kids in your class Steve? Can't be as bad as the kids in my world religions class, seriously they're like zombies!

Deku Link
^ Sorry man..

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Yeah I may have gotten a little carried away...
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deku Link
Nah I'ts school you can sweat the small stuff. ;)

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Homework! I can't stand it! Stop wasting my time with things that probably won't even help me later in life and give me my free time already! I hate school.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Gaming Freak
Jan 15 2008, 10:50 PM
Homework! I can't stand it! Stop wasting my time with things that probably won't even help me later in life and give me my free time already! I hate school.

School is the best!!!!

Seriously though, one day you'll look back on your school years and wish you could go back. Well, I don't know you personally so I don't know how good or bad your school experiences are, but I'm speaking from my own experiences. I finished school a couple of months ago and have since become a full-time labourer, and I've "gotta" tell you, I would take school over the real world any day. Sure, the freedom is great, but school is just so carefree! Enjoy it while it still lasts!
-alxbly

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Gaming Freak
Jan 15 2008, 11:50 PM

If you live in the western world, an education is the most important thing you can possess. There is a startling correlation between the one's level of education and one's success in life. You're not just learning trigonometry or Shakespeare (though Shakespeare is so relevant that you should be memorizing ever line the Bard ever wrote!!!), you're learning how to think, reason, and adapt to real world problems you might encounter. You probably won't use most of the knowledge you gather, but you will most definitely use the skills that you honed in acquiring that knowledge.

Deku Link
dagoss
Jan 16 2008, 08:50 AM
Gaming Freak
Jan 15 2008, 11:50 PM

If you live in the western world, an education is the most important thing you can possess. There is a startling correlation between the one's level of education and one's success in life. You're not just learning trigonometry or Shakespeare (though Shakespeare is so relevant that you should be memorizing ever line the Bard ever wrote!!!), you're learning how to think, reason, and adapt to real world problems you might encounter. You probably won't use most of the knowledge you gather, but you will most definitely use the skills that you honed in acquiring that knowledge.

dagoss is right execpt when it comes to Math homework then I say you don't need about 80% of it.

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Deku Link
Jan 16 2008, 11:46 AM
dagoss is right execpt when it comes to Math homework then I say you don't need about 80% of it.

I don't think you realize how much math actually goes into daily life. It applies to almost everything, you just don't always notice.

School is nice but it doesn't always prepare you for the real world. Study hard, because what's yet to come is even worse...

Deku Link
Mop_it_up
Jan 16 2008, 12:11 PM
Deku Link
Jan 16 2008, 11:46 AM

I don't think you realize how much math actually goes into daily life. It applies to almost everything, you just don't always notice.

School is nice but it doesn't always prepare you for the real world. Study hard, because what's yet to come is even worse...

This post made me a bit sad.... ;_; Iv'e only got 4 years before I graduate.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Okay...please explain how knowledge of slope-intercept form, The Odyssey and other mythologies, and Europeans in the 16th century will help later in life.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Gaming Freak
Jan 16 2008, 10:35 PM
Okay...please explain how knowledge of slope-intercept form, The Odyssey and other mythologies, and Europeans in the 16th century will help later in life.

Slope-intercept form is a reoccuring math equation that you'll need to know throughout later math courses. It also allows you to draw a graph almost instantly. This is helpful for almost all building projects. Examples are ramps, roofs, whatever.

You should know about The Oddyssesy because, if you don't, in my English teacher's words, your ignorant. You should know about every canon author and their works, because they usually defined a genre that you currently enjoy or can teach you important lessons that you can use in "real" life. The themes and usages of words, etc. can be used in reapplied throughout the rest of your life.

History repeats itself, as the saying goes. Frankly I don't see how someone could not be interested in history.

Plus, how do you know your life isn't just some huge dream your mind created? Right now you could be some guy in a coma, just making all this stuff up. Think about that!!
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Gaming Freak
Jan 16 2008, 09:35 PM

StYoung pretty much said it all in the above post, but I will add this: almost all of the supposedly "useless" information that we all learn in school might not be essential for your life as an adult, but it is certainly nice to have. I pride myself in spending hours reading history text-books and online artices, learning many new things about the world that I never knew before.
-alxbly

Deku Link
History English and Scince are fun.

You know what grinds my gears? Being insulted by the forum at least once in every topic.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
*hugs Deku Link*
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deku Link
Thaks Steve.

"You know what grinds my gears? You America **** you!" Peter Griffin, Family Guy.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hate it when you're eating a sandwich and a big lump of the filling falls out. You know, a bit of chicken or something. And then you need to look for it but you don't want to pick it up because it's on the floor, you haven't finished your sandwich yet and you don't want dirty-floor-sandwich-mayonaise fingers. But you feel guilty about leaving it there (it might smell) so you decide to pick it up. At first it looks okay so you're secretly thinking "I could still eat this" but then you notice a hair on it and some dust and usually some fluff as well, so you need to find somewhere to dispose of it. Of course there's never a bin nearby so you have to get up to find one and all the time you're thinking "why did I pick this up anyway"?

Eventually it gets too much, and there's nowhere you can put it, like really, seriously nowhere... so you stick it to your top lip with dirty-floor-sandwich-mayonaise with the fluffy side facing out and if anyone notices it you just tell them you've grown a moustache.

That grinds my gears.
Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: