Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What Grinds Our Gears?; Post things that make you angry!
Topic Started: Jan 2 2008, 01:58 PM (6,690 Views)
No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Shellshocker18
Jun 3 2017, 10:00 AM
Because only Italia could see the comment and only when he was signed in
I only see yours, Shellshocker18.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I'll be watching this space. I have no reason to doubt Plant. His reviews are good. It is a shame he isn't more active on this forum.

F1 Racing is a decent game but I couldn't possibly go into the intricate details you lads do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Since Glenn is on Youtube a lot, isn't there another way to contact him through Google? email?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I figure I will just wait and see if he replies to the comment. I mean he usually replies to all comments on his videos once they are first uploaded. I doubt he deleted Italia's comment because even when Italia first posted it I couldn't find it so Glenn would have had like 2 minutes to delete it.

Glad you can see my comment so as long as it stays up there is nothing to worry about. The reason I was so outraged is because I wouldn't expect that from Glenn and if it was true I would have been devastated. It sucks to get something wrong when you spend so much time writing and researching but deleting someone who was just trying to correct you without even acknowledging them would be a really bad thing to do.

No64DD
Jun 3 2017, 10:38 AM
Shellshocker18
Oh yeah I hope I've made it clear that I never saw Italia's comment after it was posted so it most likely never even showed up because of YouTube reasons. Only he could see it, but he showed me a picture of him posting it asking if it was too rude or not. It's not like it went up and then disappeared, I never even saw it go up from my end.

That's the whole reason I was suspicious in the first place was because I couldn't see it after Italia posted it. I waited over an hour waiting for it to pop up, saw other comments, but Italia's still never showed up. Italia logged out and said he couldn't see the post but when he logged in he said he could see it so that's why I think it was probably youtubes fault.

So yeah that's confusing but hopefully it makes sense, hopefully my comment stays up, and hopefully Glenn doesn't ever actually delete perfectly fine comments.

Edited by Shellshocker18, Jun 3 2017, 12:14 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Posted Image The award I will forever be most proud of

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Crutches. Awful technology that has basically never improved.

To back up, I strained/sprained my right calf muscle about 4 weeks ago playing softball. Felt better a week later, but was stupid to think going off a diving board was a good idea :facepalm: . I exercised similar judgment a few days ago, thinking I could handle a picnic softball game. Took 3 steps to my right to catch a fly ball and ***POP*** again. :facepalm: :facepalm: (P.S. I stayed in the game. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: )

Having proven to myself that I am completely incapable resting my leg, I put myself on crutches this morning. My sides are sore from the friction, and my shoulders from bearing the rest of me. Need some kind of anti-grav medical device to be invented PRONTO.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Every cripple has their own way of walking! I know the feeling though from when I have had to live by them after injuries gone by. Maybe a calf transplant would be helpful?

Grinds my gears? Getting to the last track on F Zero X with one life remaining and blowing up on the last corner.... :facepalm:

It's all good fun. I'll complete the game soon enough. Short and regular sittings on this game have been very enjoyable and nostalgic.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Nintendo making the nes and snes mini "limited releases" and the way they went about it. I understand they don't want to cannabalize switch sales but they were sitting on a gold mine and a lot of people just want to play the classics and they know that!
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Wii U discs/cases. My daughter came to me yesterday in tears and told me she did something that I would never forgive. (She's 8, so I was not overly alarmed). Through tear-filled eyes, she confessed that she cracked our Splatoon disc.

This is the second disc she has broken trying to remove from the case. She is very careful and capable by nature. She understands you need to "push the button down" and this is a game intended for kids (too). So why did Nintendo design the Wii U cases with a death grip? I've almost snapped a few myself....so yes, I did not react with anger or upset (though I cried a little on the inside, lol)

Hoping a cheap disc only copy pops up on eBay before the servers inevitably shutdown.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

StylinProfilin
Member Avatar
Literature. It's so subjective and annoying at times. People create theories based off ideas and not any fact.

andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
Ebay sellers that list gaming items as "very good" but should really be "acceptable".
My CRT thread:

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Deku Link
Jan 2 2008, 01:58 PM
Post things that make you angry or annoyed.
I find it somewhat annoying that people think biological technology stopped advancing in the 1990's. Recently a science related news story came out that many people found shocking, "Scientists Precisely Edit DNA In Human Embryos To Fix A Disease Gene". Yeah, gene editing is a thing now. So much so that the Chinese are monetizing it already. :rollseyes:

Gene-edited 'micropigs' to be sold as pets at Chinese institute
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Grizz: ROLF, it looks like a chubby dachshund! What's next, micro tigers, lions and elephants?!?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
bluedogrulez
Aug 3 2017, 07:34 AM
@Grizz: ROLF, it looks like a chubby dachshund! What's next, micro tigers, lions and elephants?!?
More like humans who will never get diabetes or Alzheimer's. It's a brave new world out there so you really gotta expand your mind when imagining the possibilities. Although, Ridley Scott's Prometheus and Alien: Covenant movies show how out of hand things can ultimately get.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Aug 3 2017, 08:09 AM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
Agreed - this could be an incredible move for humanity if they don't f it up.
My CRT thread:

glennplant
Established Member
No64DD
Jun 3 2017, 10:38 AM
Shellshocker18
I am active on here occasionally :) but not as much as i would like.
YouTube does filter out some comments into the spam folder generally if certain words are used in the comment or if its overly long. Sometimes if the person has commented a lot of videos on a short space of time youtube will just think they are spamming too.

I dont delete comments unless its someone genuinely spamming or being offensive for no reason - If i make a mistake in a video and someone points it out i always take feedback onboard as I'm no expert just a fan like everyone else. If its a really valid point i also highlight it in the comments with a like and a love symbol to bump it higher up the tread so more people see it at the top of the comments. Hope that helps clarify things :)

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Good to hear! Except the part about youtubes stupid spam folder. It had me annoyed for a good 20 minutes that day. You also at least interact with many of your commenters. A lot of youtubers are above their own audiences and never talk with them so that is nice to see. Good luck with the rest of the games you've got
Edited by Shellshocker18, Aug 10 2017, 08:25 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Posted Image The award I will forever be most proud of

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
andyk2003
Aug 3 2017, 07:54 AM
Agreed - this could be an incredible move for humanity if they don't f it up.
In the Star Trek universe, Kahn Noonien Singh is the product of late 20th century controlled genetics. Therefore we can somewhat use him as a guide as to where gene editing will eventually go. As already proven, the Chinese are unencumbered by ethics so undoubtedly they'll eventually be creating genetically modified humans if they're not doing so already. In order to remain competitive other nations like the US and UK will be forced to follow suite. Like it or not it's inevitable that our descendants will be genetic super men and women imbued with superior physical strength and enhanced mental capabilities. So that's good news, huh? No need to worry about artificial intelligences taking over because super humans will be there to keep them in check. :P

What grinds my gears? Yeah, I guess I'll agree with one of the previous comments about people who join forums but don't interact. >_<

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
What is grinding my gears right now? When I want to play a new game but not only do I have to wait a couple hours for ginormous patches to download and install, but I have to be punished if I want to watch some YouTube in the meantime on the same console because it causes the download speed to almost come to a screeching halt. :angry:

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I'm glad i stick to retro.

Something that grinds me up is restaurant commercials, mainly fast food.
They'll have an individual close up pretending to take a bite and chew, even though is just an acting trick.
If you can't bring yourself to eat it, then why are you trying to convince me that i should?!

I'm not going to post an example. I yell at my TV screen enough. :facepalm:
Edited by No64DD, Yesterday, 4:59 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
haha funny thing is some commercials have a spit bucket on stand buy so the actors can chew the food then spit it right back out after the take
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
Youtube ads! Specifically at work, where I don't have an ad-blocker on my computer. Part of my job is packing stuff and since I'm usually doing that alone, I like to put up some music on Youtube to get me all pumped up. I'm a big fan of heavy metal (and its sub-genres) and like to listen up-tempo songs to get the adrenaline flowing. Usually I like to follow up one up-tempo song with another up-tempo song in the same key, to maintain that 'adrenaline high', but then comes along a ****ing Youtube ad that ****s everything up! :angry:
Bye bye adrenaline rush!
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: