Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Street Fighter Thread of AWESOMENESS; formerly titled "Street Fighter IV"
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 08:09 PM (2,150 Views)
dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Alright, who has it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
:w00t: lezfight!!!
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
360 or PS3 version? (Does it matter?)

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I'm getting it tomorrow. PS3 version (better d-pad). Schweet. :D

Wrath Oskvro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Played it today. And MAN it's got me hooked. It really is a treat for any Street Fighter fan. I like the EX series, but alot of people don't, so let me tell ya..it's no Street Fighter EX. It really does feel like good ole Street Fighter. I just wish they would have included Yun, Yang, Alex, and Kairi though. T_T And Ibuki..and Makoto..And Twelve. But oh well haha. It's still great.
Posted Image
VISIT MY SITE!!! http://wrath.digimantis.com

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Playeed it a little and it seems alright. It's been years since I've played a Street Fighter game so I need to remember what all the combo's are. Ryu is the character of choice for me. :)

floorcat
Member Avatar
So....

LET'S GET OUR BRAWL ON!!!#$#@!^#$@ :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

.... >:-]
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

floorcat
Member Avatar
No challengers?!?!?

HA... I thought you'd all be scared!!! >:-] >:-] >:-] >:-] >:-]
MUAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

for the less-than-timid...
PSN: Fatty_Fatness

:omg:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Drop me a message the next time you see me online. :) I've played SFIV for less than half an hour so far (you'll have noticed my lack of any SFIV trophies), so you'll need to give me some pointers.

Or would I just be boosting your trophy total? Probably... :nope:

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Mar 14 2009, 07:50 PM
Or would I just be boosting your trophy total? Probably... :nope:
Hahaha... well, you WOULD be, except for the fact that the only trophies I'm at all concerned about getting (and essentially all that remain for me) are the trial challenges. Holy CRAP some of those combos are hard. Yeah, if you need to get better with a specific character, the trial challenges are definitely a good start! But I'll absolutely give you any pointers I can if/when we play each other... assuming you have a headset. :)

Ataraxia
This is the game that I deem responsible for getting me back into the 'new era' of gaming.
I love it. Definitely not a disappointment.
Any fans? Players?
My 360 tag is: whitechocandy (and I'm pretty good- honest).
I'm a writer. I write poetry, music/film reviews and articles on politics and health.

Check me out:

http://www.andycarrington.co.uk

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I got it the day it came out (on PS3) but I've still not really got into it. Seems good but... I dunno... fighters aren't my thing, I guess.

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Jun 5 2009, 09:53 AM
fighters aren't my thing, I guess.
... nor is replying to any messages I send you. :P

SFIV is the pinnacle of all fighting games ever to exist on our planet, past, present, and future. The genre of "fighting games" should just be renamed to "Street Fighter games" since they are the only ones needed.

I recently got the official SFIV Tournament Edition Fightstick... so now I can "officially" hone my skills. >:-]

Ataraxia, it's too bad you're not on the PSN. :( We could fight the weekends away... :wub:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
floorcat
Jun 14 2009, 01:48 PM
nor is replying to any messages I send you. :P
Hey, I noticed that one just now. :P

How is the SF arcade stick? Looks really nice, although the brand and the price put me off. That said, it's meant to be very customisable and really sturdy. Which is surely a first for Madcatz! ^_^

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Jun 15 2009, 02:31 PM
floorcat
Jun 14 2009, 01:48 PM
nor is replying to any messages I send you. :P
Hey, I noticed that one just now. :P

You must have your notifications set to off or something... because you never respond to anything I send. (Text) Chat requests... yeah... always shunned. <_<

The arcade stick is SWEEEEEEEETNESSSSSS objectified. Sturdy would seriously be an understatement. You set this thing on your lap, and it definitely feels like you have heavy duty arcade controls resting on your thighs. And I agree... ever since their N64 controller I had, I would scoff at anything Madcatz produces. But this thing... it exudes an aura of quality. Even just the box it comes in... holy crap that thing is a work of art. Like a pre-packaged display case. If you're keen on having exact arcade replica controls at home, definitely look into this sucker. Any other product they produce (including their other officially licensed SFIV controllers)... I'd still retain some vestige of your usual Madcatz wariness.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
floorcat
Jun 15 2009, 10:01 PM
You must have your notifications set to off or something... because you never respond to anything I send. (Text) Chat requests... yeah... always shunned. <_<

Was text chats added with the latest update? I only noticed the chat option recently so I thought it might have been a new thing. I did respond though! But I deleted it when you didn't respond back after a few days.. :P

Can you post a pic of the SFIV arcade board box? You have me intrigued. :)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister - from the "How did you get into gaming?" Thread
Jan 15 2013, 09:36 PM
I still play Super Street Fighter IV (which is very similar to Super Street Fighter II but with better graphics) on-line sometimes but it just isn't the same.

You aren't happening to be playing this on the PS3, are you??

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 16 2013, 11:16 AM
Grizzmeister
Jan 15 2013, 09:36 PM
I still play Super Street Fighter IV (which is very similar to Super Street Fighter II but with better graphics) on-line sometimes but it just isn't the same.

You aren't happening to be playing this on the PS3, are you??
Sorry no, I'm on the Xbox 360.

I'm a big fan of the Street Fighter franchise, though, as proven by this photo.

Posted Image
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Oooohh... nice collection, Grizz!!
I'll post a pic of my S(F)tuff when I next get a chance.
And maybe I'll pick up a copy of SSFIV for the 360 sometime soon, just so we can duke it out. :D (I'm suuuuuuuuper rusty... haven't played since Arcade Ed. first came out).

Add me up!! (GamerTag is: Fatty Fatness)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 16 2013, 11:52 AM
Add me up!! (GamerTag is: Fatty Fatness)
Friend invite sent from GT: Grizzmeister. ;)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Grizz that is an amazing Street Fighter Collection :yeah:

Somehow I missed it before.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Jan 16 2013, 12:45 PM
Friend invite sent from GT: Grizzmeister. ;)
Heya Grizz... so it didn't even occur to me until I added you that I wouldn't be able to play you on 360 anyway, since I don't have/believe in XBLG. >_< >_<

Ah well... if ever you pick up a PS3... :-/
In the meantime, I suppose I could still amass my SF stuff for a little expositional pic, if you're still interested.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 22 2013, 08:57 PM
In the meantime, I suppose I could still amass my SF stuff for a little expositional pic, if you're still interested.
Of course I'm interested! :w00t:

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Coolio... I started taking pics this morning, I'll try to unpack/consolidate everything else to take the rest this weekend. (Most of my fancy-pants stuff is safely (read: inconveniently) buried in my crawlspace.) >_< :facepalm:

Also, MARVEL at our new dedicated/consolidated Street Fighter thread!! :w00t:

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Don't suppose we have any PC fighters do we?
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
;_;
All this cross-console incompatibility...

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 23 2013, 12:34 PM
Coolio... I started taking pics this morning, I'll try to unpack/consolidate everything else to take the rest this weekend. (Most of my fancy-pants stuff is safely (read: inconveniently) buried in my crawlspace.) >_< :facepalm:

Looking forward to those pics.

BTW, you can download the Sega Genesis version of Super Street Fighter II for the Wii and it's got on-line support. If I'm not mistaken it only cost something like 8 bucks and then we can exchange Friend Codes and go at it. I might have a little bit of an advantage, though, as I'll be using this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Ooooooohhh... shiny!! :w00t: And I did not know that. :w00t: :w00t:

And so the gauntlet has been thrown... I shall look into this VC Genesis SSFII... <_>

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 23 2013, 08:57 PM
Ooooooohhh... shiny!! :w00t: And I did not know that. :w00t: :w00t:

And so the gauntlet has been thrown... I shall look into this VC Genesis SSFII... <_>
If you do decide to download it make sure you get the one that says it has on-line play. There are several versions of Street Fighter II on the Virtual Console.

Oh, and in keeping with the spirit of this forum here's a picture of the box for my Wii fight-stick.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Grizzmeister
Jan 23 2013, 08:22 PM
floorcat
Jan 23 2013, 12:34 PM

Looking forward to those pics.

BTW, you can download the Sega Genesis version of Super Street Fighter II for the Wii and it's got on-line support. If I'm not mistaken it only cost something like 8 bucks and then we can exchange Friend Codes and go at it. I might have a little bit of an advantage, though, as I'll be using this.

Wow, is this on the EU store?
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: