Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Street Fighter Thread of AWESOMENESS; formerly titled "Street Fighter IV"
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 08:09 PM (2,477 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Matt
Jan 23 2013, 10:03 PM
Wow, is this on the EU store?
If you call the Sega Genesis the Mega Drive look for Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers which was released around April of last year. I'm not sure if North American and European players can battle each other on-line though. :unsure:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Grizzmeister
Jan 24 2013, 01:23 PM
Matt
Jan 23 2013, 10:03 PM
Wow, is this on the EU store?
If you call the Sega Genesis the Mega Drive look for Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers which was released around April of last year. I'm not sure if North American and European players can battle each other on-line though. :unsure:
Either way I could switch my Wiis region, then I just have the issue of getting US wii points.
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Alrighty Grizz, got some pics for ya. ;)

First, the SNES SF lot:
Posted Image

The PS2/PS3/360/3DS lot:
Posted Image

A few pre-order bonuses (Evil Ryu/Oni mini-bobbles for SSFIVAE and lenticular lanyard for SSFIV3D) and the SFIV soundtrack:
Posted Image

My (1st gen) SFIV fightsticks (2X Tournament Edition, 1X Standard):
Posted Image

And if you're interested, the Mad Catz factory box the TE fightsticks came in:
Spoiler: click to toggle

The factory box from Capcom containing the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (silly, but it's still unopened):
Posted Image

(And if you're curious, this is what's packed within):

Various SF-related books/art books:
Posted Image

All my SF-related T-shirts:
Posted Image

And lastly, 2 items that were never released commercially... the SSFIITHDR (what an acronym!) press kit (still sealed/unopened), and the SFIV "training manual", which were only sent to press journalists, as far as I recall:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Very nice collection, floorcat!!! :o

Does that Street Fighter Alpha 2 for the SNES allow you to adjust the speed of gameplay? I seem to recall playing it back in the day and it seemed a tad slow.

That TE stick is mega sexy. :wub:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Thanks, Grizz!! Thought you might appreciate. ^_^
And I'll check on the Alpha 2 bit... but from memory, I don't think you could. This was the only SNES SF I didn't buy directly from retail during the SNES era... and when I finally did purchase/play it, I was severely disappointed. It felt SUPER (turbo-alpha :lol:) laggy, and the sound quality was abominable, compared to SSFII.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 25 2013, 01:42 PM
And I'll check on the Alpha 2 bit... but from memory, I don't think you could. This was the only SNES SF I didn't buy directly from retail during the SNES era... and when I finally did purchase/play it, I was severely disappointed. It felt SUPER (turbo-alpha :lol:) laggy, and the sound quality was abominable, compared to SSFII.
Super Street Fighter II seems to be the high water mark for the series on the SNES. Ironically, a lot of people don't know that you can adjust the speed in that game since it's not done through the options menu. :wacko:

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Hey Grizz, so I checked in on the SNES Alpha2 speed settings, and you can actually change them in two places... one in the options menu, which has 3 settings (Normal, Turbo, and Turbo+) and another in the character selection screen (?) - just Normal and Turbo - so I'm not exactly sure how/if this correlates with the options menu speed setting.

Anyhow, I set both to the fastest setting, and I still felt like it was pretty slow, but it wasn't unbearable. I thought maybe it was just because I was used to (S)SFIV, literally having logged SFIV & SSFIV for a collective 600-700 hours. I popped the SNES SSFII in just to compare, and sure enough, SFA2 was noticeably slower. I didn't even bother trying out the slower speed settings on SFA2.

Also, I remember/witnessed what really bugged me about this version of the game, though... it would just freeze up before and after each fight for a few seconds... long enough for you to really notice. ("Round 1"... :mellow: ... <_< ... >_< ... "FIGHT!")

So maybe that helps.

And I actually forgot something amongst all my SF detritus... all my SF anime DVDs!

Posted Image

Z Trigger
Member Avatar
Established Member
One of my Favorite Games in 2012 was SF x Tekken.

Its a shame that there not much Players online no more :(

Matt
Member Avatar
Any suggestions on sticks?
I'm thinking this http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/qanba-q4raf-arcade-fighting-stick.htm, mainly because the dual mod
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
I've been suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper happy with my TE fightstick... it's definitely more stick than I'll ever be able to handle (lol, sorry couldn't help the silly pun). So solid... so sexehhhhhh... :wub: :wub:

It sounds like the Qanba is pretty awesome... that you couldn't really go wrong with it. Over at shoryuken.com, they (always!) have guys who seem to have a definitive handle on their sticks.

(hope that helps!)

Also, there was a little talk about the Q4RAF having a bit more input lag... but from reading the entire thread, it seems more like it was an isolated/insubstantial instance than anything.
Edited by floorcat, Jan 26 2013, 01:44 PM.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
floorcat
Jan 26 2013, 01:41 PM
I've been suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper happy with my TE fightstick... it's definitely more stick than I'll ever be able to handle (lol, sorry couldn't help the silly pun).
Actually, I found that to be mildly erotic. For a moment I thought I might have accidentally wandered in to the Playboy forums. :lol:

My Madcatz fight stick is the humble SE edition but I upgraded the stick and all the buttons to Sanwa parts.

Here's a picture before the mod.

And then after.

Edited by Grizzmeister, Jan 27 2013, 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Remember when fight sticks were hard to find?

http://youtu.be/VEx_yqL7M0Q

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
"I should just go back to Mortal Kombat: Subzero for the N64!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a fun watch. And yeah, I totally remember when they were super hard to come by... I remember they were each pulling in around $400 on ebay after that first run!! >_<

And sexy mod, Grizz... I kinda thought your stick looked different in that first pic... :yeah:

floorcat
Member Avatar
So the Capcom store just chopped $100 off (!!) of the price tag for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Chess Set... I'm so tempted!!!

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
So, checking out SSFII (Genesis) on the Wii VC must've totally slipped my mind (likely) from my obscene anticipation for Dead Space 3... so I'm gonna try to remember tonight!!

Though... what ideally needs to happen is that you (Grizz) need to get a PS3, so we can putz around with SSFIVAE. :w00t: ;)

@Grizz & Matt: Just out of curiosity... who do you guys usually play as??

I've always been pretty partial to using Guile & Zangief. :wub:
Sometimes Balrog (the boxer)... and even more rarely, Ryu/Ken.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Seeing pictures of the new Super Slim White PS3 I'm so tempted... :lol:

My main character is Dhalsim in SSF IV although I occasionally play as Ryu. I've mostly been maining Dhalsim since the Street Fighter II Turbo days so I'm kinda attached to him.

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
White Limited Edition PS3 super-slim... you know you want it... comes with a full year of PS+ perks... (or 15 months, if you sign up within this month!) ;)

So you're a Dhalsim man... and that's funny, Guile's essentially been my main since Turbo as well!! The only friend who could consistently beat me back then always used Dhalsim. :lol:

thefetus33
Member Avatar
I would play you Floorcat, but i dont have arcade additon only SSFIV.Usually play as Ryu but every once in a while try to mess with guile or blanka depending what console im playing on.Now my stick isnt quite as pretty as yours but i picked this up today for $50 sorry for the gamestop link i dont have a photobucket thing. http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-3-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick/90876
My systems-nes,snes,N64,Playstation,PS2,PS3 One of these days ill get around to getting a picture of everything.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
@floorcat: Dhalsim was a beast in Street Fighter IV and then he kinda got nerfed in Super and he's weaker still in AE. I still love using him though as his fighting style is so unique (ie: not Shoto).

Guile's a real tough character to use too unless you're Daigo Umehara that is. :lol:

Hey, if you own Super Smash Bros. Brawl we can do a (just for fun) match of that? I'm a little rusty but I can offer up a little variety by playing as DK or Luigi.

Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Well, Ultra SFIV is announced, DLC for $15 or retail for $40

Personally, that $15 is worth it just to get away from GFWL on PC, since it's looking like its gonna use Steam for MP
Posted Image

Mantis128
Member Avatar
Established Member
Been playing 3rd Strike lately, I main Dudley.
https://twitter.com/Mantis128
http://ask.fm/Mantis128

Matt
Member Avatar
Considering getting USFIV on PS3, can anyone with SFIV on PS3 and a USB keyboard check if it works?
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I Am Street Fighter - 25th Anniversary Documentary

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Just because!
(You should check out the other art in this user's DeviantArt gallery... it's pretty sweet!)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I purchased Street Fighter V at launch this year and then kinda got tired of its many glaring flaws. Tonight I decided to fire it up again and was pleasantly surprised at how much it's improved. Here are the controllers I use when playing.

Posted Image

Adore the one on the right because it reminds me so much of the classic Sega 6-button pads of yesteryear.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The new Street Fighter II game coming to the Switch is getting a lot of attention within the fighting game community. Here's a nice preview.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - Nintendo Treehouse Live with Nintendo Switch

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
So one of the new gimmicks with Ultra Street Fighter 2 is that you can make your own colors for the fighters, and then play as them online. That's kinda cool actually :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/ultra_street_fighter_ii_will_let_you_play_as_green_ryu_if_that_takes_your_fancy
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition coming in 2018

This is the important part for me as an early adopter.
Quote:

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition will be priced at $39.99 on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Existing owners of Street Fighter 5 will get Arcade Edition's new modes and UI improvements - but not its DLC characters, which are sold separately and can be earned with in-game Fight Money - for free via an in-game update.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Street Fighter V on my PS4 automatically updated to Arcade Edition yesterday. It's cool cuz now there's an legitimate Arcade mode to mess around with. :yeah:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Wow, if you pre-order the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection before May 29, 2018 you'll get Ultra Street Fighter IV for free! :w00t:

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - Ultra SFIV Pre-Order Trailer

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: