Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 games you would love to exist?
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:50 PM (4,975 Views)
Mantis128
Member Avatar
Established Member
If you could have any game that was never released, never began production or simply didn't come out on N64 what would it be? I would love to have the PC 98 Touhou games on a single see-through red N64 cartridge.
https://twitter.com/Mantis128
http://ask.fm/Mantis128
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
Metroid 64
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Yes, Metroid 64, for sure. Also Dinosaur Planet.

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
Another one would be the working game for the 64DD that was cancelled, Super Mario 128 :mario:

61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

My Collection

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Early thoughts

Metal Gear 64

Tomb Raider 64

Road Rash 2 ;_;

GTA 64

Diddy Kong Racing 2

Pilot Wings 2

Driver 64

Those would have all been great :D

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mario Kart 64 Shindou Edition.

For those of you who aren't aware of what "Shindou" is it refers to the Japanese re-release of Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 with Rumble Pak support.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Outrun 64. :dk: What?!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

brown duckz
Member Avatar
Cruis'n North America :w00t:

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64

I currently own humble, but nice collections of NTSC-U; NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii

Currently taking a break from a 2012 collecting binge.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mario Baseball 64. Something along the lines of Chokukan Night: Pro Yakyu King but featuring Mario and friends instead of super deformed Japanese baseball players.

Spoiler: click to toggle
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
Grizzmeister
Jan 25 2013, 10:51 PM
Mario Baseball 64. Something along the lines of Chokukan Night: Pro Yakyu King but featuring Mario and friends instead of super deformed Japanese baseball players.

Spoiler: click to toggle
That would be great! I loved Mario Superstar baseball on the GCN!

61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

My Collection

Mantis128
Member Avatar
Established Member
A third Legend of Zelda game.

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
Conker's Second Bad Day

61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

My Collection

CoachLuke22
Member Avatar
Wolfenstein 64

Tomb Raider 64

GTA 64

thats all I can think of for now

N.A. Consoles - 7/9
N.A. Controllers CIB - 8/8
N.A. Carts - 76/296

Nintendo Power Controllers - Nintendo Power 100, DK64, Millennium 2000

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Spidercolt
Jan 25 2013, 11:03 PM
Conker's Second Bad Day
It was actually titled 'Conker's other bad day' and YES I wish this one would magically develop itself.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

Highlander
Member Avatar
Scottish Member
Gotta be Streetfighter for me, thats what made me buy my first SNES :w00t:
Posted ImagePAL Collection No.2 148/243Posted Image

PM me to get added to the N64 Forever Members Map

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Final Fantasy 7

Secret of Mana 64

Time Crisis 64 (a light gun for the :n64: )
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

inspectah
Conkers Other Bad Day

Earthbound 64

Why oh why where they canceled? ;_;

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
YogurtStorm
Jan 26 2013, 02:15 AM
Spidercolt
Jan 25 2013, 11:03 PM
Conker's Second Bad Day
It was actually titled 'Conker's other bad day' and YES I wish this one would magically develop itself.
Yeah i know i just wanted to say something different. lol

61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

My Collection

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Fire Emblem

Tomb Raider

Metroid

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Tomb Raider 64

Lego Rock Raider >_> don't judge :P

Final Fantasy 7

Chrono Trigger 64

Zelda 64DD
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mobile Suit Mario. :o

The Japanese Mecha series Armored Core was huge on the original Playstation and it would have been nice if the geniuses at EAD had developed their own take on this genre.

Posted Image

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
It would've been interesting to see the Final Fantasy games on N64 instead of PS1. I wonder if they would've developed the later ones for Gamecube/Wii if they hadn't moved to Playstation.
Posted Image

MmSadda
brown duckz
Jan 25 2013, 10:23 PM

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64

Ya know, Street Fighter 3 (I think New Generation or 2nd Impact) was supposed to be released on N64.

If that had happened, I wonder if SF3 would've been as large a commercial success as SF2.
Personally, I would've loved a proper English/US release of Mother 3 / Earthbound 64.

Also, I would've loved to have played the original Conker 64, though it doesn't look very good admittedly.
Edited by MmSadda, Jan 27 2013, 10:39 AM.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
CoachLuke22
Jan 25 2013, 11:46 PM
Wolfenstein 64

That thought had never occurred to me until you said that. That would have been great :yeah:

Mantis128
Member Avatar
Established Member
MmSadda
Jan 27 2013, 10:37 AM
brown duckz

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64

Ya know, Street Fighter 3 (I think New Generation or 2nd Impact) was supposed to be released on N64.

If that had happened, I wonder if SF3 would've been as large a commercial success as SF2.
Personally, I would've loved a proper English/US release of Mother 3 / Earthbound 64.

Also, I would've loved to have played the original Conker 64, though it doesn't look very good admittedly.
Well the N64 controller doesn't seem like it would be suited to Street Fighter, and wasn't the reason SF3 didn't do as well as SF2 was because the general public didn't like the new characters because they were too used to the ones from SF2? If so then I doubt putting it on N64 would have helped.

brown duckz
Member Avatar
Ringworm128
Jan 27 2013, 06:06 PM
MmSadda
brown duckz

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64

Well the N64 controller doesn't seem like it would be suited to Street Fighter, and wasn't the reason SF3 didn't do as well as SF2 was because the general public didn't like the new characters because they were too used to the ones from SF2? If so then I doubt putting it on N64 would have helped.
It worked for Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct?
I currently own humble, but nice collections of NTSC-U; NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii

Currently taking a break from a 2012 collecting binge.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
MmSadda
I don't think the N64 could have handled Street Fighter 3 as the game has tons of animation and the cartridge format doesn't lend itself well to that. For example, Killer Instinct Gold is considered a pretty weak port of KI2 (Arcade) because so many frames of animation were deleted to squeeze it on to a cartridge.

Mario Flying Ace
I wish Nintendo had made a four-player aerial dog fighting game for the N64. Maybe something along the lines of having Mario and friends battling in WW I era biplanes in the skies over the Mushroom Kingdom. ^_^

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
inspectah
Jan 26 2013, 08:24 AM
Earthbound 64

Why oh why where they canceled? ;_;
My sentiments EXACTLY.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
BANJO THREEIE! Perhaps could've been on Gamecube as well, but I just wanted it :(
N64 has the best platforms

I want me some standees! Sunshine and mario 64, and BK series standees as well with zelda 64 :)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I wish Nintendo had made a fighting game featuring Mario and the Mushroom Kingdom crew for the N64. Some will argue that Super Smash Bros. is a fighting game but it really isn't in the traditional sense. Also, SSB features characters from other franchises and I'd like a fighter that focuses more on the core characters found in Mario Kart 64. So with that in mind I present...

Super Mario Kendo 64
What happens when Mario and friends take to the dojo to practice their wooden sword fighting skills? Well whacky hijinks in the form of Super Mario Kendo 64, of course. :D

Picture the game as kind of like Bushido Blade but with a much less violent and much more whimsical approach. The game would feature the traditional tried and true Nintendo formula of being easy to pick up and play while at the same time offering deep meta-strategies which would keep the game interesting to more skilled players.

Question: You think the geniuses here at N64 Forever could develop a new game for the N64 and get it released? Don't laugh, there's a precedence for this in Pier Solar for the Mega Drive/Genesis. :huh:

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: