Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 games you would love to exist?
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:50 PM (4,072 Views)
Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Tomb Raider- Not a fan but would have loved to see this running,

Dinosaur Planet- :cussfit: the fox

Pinball!

Theme Park

PLOK 2
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus

Just imagine if the creator of this video rendered Mario and Wario battling Street Fighter style as if they were Ryu and Akuma. AWESOME! :w00t:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Agent of Ligar
Member Avatar
Established Member

1.) Yo-Noid! 64

---Seriously, think about it...especially if the original Rare team were to do it. It's "right up their alley."

2.) Mario Kart 64 Ultimate [2]

3.) Some sort of non-RPG, sandbox game based around the Mushroom Kingdom. Like, the actual kingdom, as in the town and townsfolk, etc...that made use of walking and vehicular transportation, and both 3rd person and 1st person perspectives...or maybe just the 1st person and make it like a FPS, possibly based around a Mushroom Kingdom soldier.................

As previously mentioned:

4.) Banjo-Threeie (this still needs to be done for a modern console, if not the N64, as long as the original Rare team does it, but that likely won't happen anytime soon...)

5.) Metroid 64

NOTE: Numbers do not indicate ranking.

Edited by Agent of Ligar, Feb 22 2013, 08:43 PM.

I have a POLL regarding satisfaction with current N64 joystick options:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7372890/1/

"Your responses today shape the options of tomorrow."
Responses are appreciated. Feel free to post any ideas too.

Zelda Forever
Member Avatar
Definitely Zelda64DD and Ura Zelda. Nothing sparks my curiosity like these titles do. I've wondered so long what these games could have been. Super Mario 128 is a close second.
"Time passes, people move... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth... Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself..."

- Sheik

action
absolutely want these:

earthbound 64: i remember the screenshots stunned me everytime

mission impossible beta version: the early screenshots like being able to carry soldiers, the high quality graphics (which were almost possible later in the N64's lifespan), and the exciting environments that all got deleted in the final version. this could have been the game to beat goldeneye (in terms of atmosphere, not in terms of gameplay as they were two totally different games obviously). for some reason i absolutely love these spy games

would have been welcome:

metal gear solid 64, as i have to get out my playstation every time i want to play it

a third duke nukem game; these games rock!

that's about all I guess. the N64 has the best game library ever (not the biggest, but the best)

Highlander
Member Avatar
Scottish Member
Grizzmeister
Feb 1 2013, 11:26 PM
Mario Flying Ace
I wish Nintendo had made a four-player aerial dog fighting game for the N64. Maybe something along the lines of having Mario and friends battling in WW I era biplanes in the skies over the Mushroom Kingdom. ^_^

Starfox is pretty good fun on 4 player
Edited by Highlander, Jun 6 2013, 08:48 AM.
Posted ImagePAL Collection No.2 148/243Posted Image

PM me to get added to the N64 Forever Members Map

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Highlander
Jun 6 2013, 08:48 AM
Grizzmeister
Feb 1 2013, 11:26 PM
Mario Flying Ace
I wish Nintendo had made a four-player aerial dog fighting game for the N64. Maybe something along the lines of having Mario and friends battling in WW I era biplanes in the skies over the Mushroom Kingdom. ^_^

Starfox is pretty good fun on 4 player
Yeah Star Fox 64 in 4 player mode is mad fun but sadly you only have two arenas to choose from. :(

That's why I suggested Mario Flying Ace because Nintendo could have used the Star Fox 64 game engine and simply provided many more multiplayer maps to battle in. :)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Although I'd surely like to see many sequels, the first name that immediately pops in my head is Earthbound/Mother. 64 bits fuzzy pickles!

Golden Sun would also had been nice to see on the N64.

A "real" pokemon game, because Puzzle league has nothing to with pokemon; Snap is just about snapping and Stadium, aside from the minigames, only has the battles component.

retrozombieslayer
Member Avatar
Holy Nintendo, Batman!
Am I the only one who wants Dragon Warrior VII on N64? Only it would have full 3D graphics like Dragon Quest VIII! :dance:
Collection: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance SP, DS Lite, DSi, PSP-1000

My (horrifically outdated) Horror Blog:
http://horrorshowspooktacular.blogspot.com/

EpicDeku
If there was an additional Nintendo 64 game of my choice would anyone agree with me that it would have been cool for a Sonic game to be on the console? I'm not a huge fan of Sonic but I could seeing it being at least half as influential as Super Mario 64. Even though that the Sega Dreamcast was out at the time and releasing Sonic games thier I would have loved to seen Sonic 64 be created. :D

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

Crazy Taxi (",)

zeldasgreenshirt
pokemon yellow 64, yes, you know you want it.
bc review

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
super mario and the legend of the 64 stars lol
Posted Image
wtb - really want an extreme green controller cib :/

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I think Man Hunt would have made a good game for the system.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

action
die hard trilogy 64
alien trilogy 64
legacy of kain 64

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Ura Zelda and Jurassic Park 64 :)
Would've also loved a sequel to 1080 snowboarding that followed the original style more than avalanche did
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

Grimakis
Member Avatar
Earthbound(Mother) 64
Metroid 64
Animal Forest(English)

and yes

Banjo-Threeie, another true sequel in this series would have been nice.

FrizzleFry
Like many others I really wish I've seen a Metroid in 3D on N64. 8)

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
N64 Games
Zelda Kart 64(c'mon haven't you guys thought of that once?)
Earthbound 64
Banjo Threeie
Secret Of Mana 64
Super Mario 64 2
Quest 64(but more development)
Super Mario RPG 2
Chrono Trigger 64
A new N64 Zelda Game,that shows what happens after Majora's Mask and takes place in Hyrule
Spongebob 64
Luigi's Mansion 64
Mario and Luigi 64
Bases Loaded 64
Cruis'n USA(but more developed)

Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Zelda Kart 64

You mean like with Epona and Volvagia? I'm just kidding :yeah: It could actually work :) With the bombs, boomerang, hookshot, etc
But maybe the zelda world (at least the N64 OOT and MM) and characters are a bit too dark toned to be put into a karting game.

PoryPlus
Pokemon Stadium 3 (US)

That is

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Minecraft 64! =p There would be no difference in graphics XD
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
PoryPlus
Jul 19 2013, 01:25 PM
Pokemon Stadium 3 (US)
We already got that game if you're talking about the Japanese one. The Japanese Pokemon Stadium 3 (Pokemon Stadium Gold/Silver) is actually our Pokemon Stadium 2 because their Pokemon Stadium 1 was basically a beta version of our Pokemon Stadium 1 and their Pokemon Stadium 2. Kinda confusion but I hope that made sense.
Posted Image

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member
You know I may be on my own here - but I can't really think of anything I missed on the N64 - maybe a few classic shmup type games - but I'm not sure how well the N64 handled 2D.

Like most I would have loved a 2nd Mario 64 game - but we did get Mario Sunshine and the glorious Galaxy games so really I'm being greedy. A 2D mario game on N64 would have been nice, or if Yoshi's Story had been more like it the SNES game (though I really like Yoshi's Story).

Overall I found the library to be balanced - maybe if some of the games had been a bit more polished - Pilotwings64 didn't grab me the same way as the original and MK64 in single player is a bit lack lustre..

Edited by davyK, Aug 7 2013, 04:06 AM.

swaaye
Established Member
I was super curious about Unreal but that didn't get very far. They would have needed to do some serious reworking of the game to run it on N64. But hey there was an attempt at a PS1 version and they made some significant progress.

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Nuno
Jul 19 2013, 02:11 AM
Zelda Kart 64

You mean like with Epona and Volvagia? I'm just kidding :yeah: It could actually work :) With the bombs, boomerang, hookshot, etc
But maybe the zelda world (at least the N64 OOT and MM) and characters are a bit too dark toned to be put into a karting game.
You know, this could not be a bad idea,

Just .. what if you have a Nintendo Race game for N64 (Just like Smash bros)

Where different Nintendo characters race each other and have items like indeed the hookshot, bomb, maybe banjo-kazooie eggs or something like that =p

I am dreaming to much ; _ ;
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member

If the next version of Mario Kart had tracks from Sega Rally and Daytona in unlockable "Sega Cups" that would be pretty cool. The way MK8 is looking to shape up with anti-gravity etc it could have classic F-Zero tracks too (though I'd rather have a new F-Zero game as well as MK8).

Edited by davyK, Aug 13 2013, 09:22 AM.

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
A thing that I love about N64 was the games roaster in relatively small total games number. So we can find all the most important figures (for kids and guys) of the end of the last '90s: 007, Power Rangers, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daffy Duck, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, South Park, Indiana Jones, Transformers, Disney' s cartoons like A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 and Tarzan, Taz, all sports stars and I can continue.... But I really wanted a Simpsons game!
Edited by italia64, Sep 3 2013, 02:45 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

joshym64
Member Avatar
Established Member
I would have liked a medal of honor game :)

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Metroid 64.

Final Fantasy 64.

Floorcat 64
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: