Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 games you would love to exist?
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:50 PM (4,987 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Great idea Italia! I'm not sure would a Breaking Bad game would be like... but a Regular Show N64 title would be awesome!

Estuary
Member Avatar
Metroid 64 & Ura Zelda. Just having the 64DD be a success would have made so many wonderful games :(
Edited by Estuary, Nov 10 2013, 01:18 PM.
Posted Image

THETURKISH
I would have liked:

JURASSIC PARK 64
Edited by THETURKISH, Dec 25 2013, 08:04 PM.

happyhapp
Member Avatar
Halo 64

Crash Bandicoot 64

GTA 5 64

and....

Call of Duty 64

super_joker
Member Avatar
Established Member
Metroid 64

GTA 64

TMNT 64

WWF BACKLASH

IRON MAN 64

BATMAN 64

But i don't think Street Fighter would work bcos:
1- It would look too old in 2D
2- the controller just wouldn't be the same
3- EX dont count
PRESS START
Posted Image
PRESS START

action
turtles in time 64
batman returns 64
lost vikings 64
donkey kong country 4
super probotector 64
super ghouls n ghosts 64
robocop 64
terminator 64
UN squadron 64
metal gear solid 64
final fantasy 64
super mario world 64

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
A Pinball game! :D
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
super_joker
Nov 2 2014, 10:43 PM
Metroid 64

GTA 64

TMNT 64

WWF BACKLASH

IRON MAN 64

BATMAN 64

But i don't think Street Fighter would work bcos:
1- It would look too old in 2D
2- the controller just wouldn't be the same
3- EX dont count

No way, Street Fighter would have been awesome! Here is what one version looked like on the Gamecube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2o-Tiy_3Q

And here is an x-men vs street fighter on Sega Saturn, which is the same generation as N64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISQE0fjPMW8

I think the N64 could have done it justice.

My pick for what-ifs is still Crazy Taxi though (",)

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
Perfect Dark Arena.

A name I made up, for an imaginary game that I *really* wish Rare had released on the N64.

You know how Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 both did away with a single player campaign, and instead went for a multiplayer only design, adding bots to compensate for any lack of human players? And then added a single player "campaign" consisting of a tree style competition of bot matches? In the same way that Turok: Rage Wars did on the N64? Well, imagine that in Perfect Dark.

I mean, imagine if Rare had released a follow up to Perfect Dark, called something like Perfect Dark Arena, with no single player campaign, just the combat simulator. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have released PD as it was, as it had an excellent single player campaign, but I think that after a year or so of PD being released, they should have released Perfect Dark Arena, with no single player mode (and no co-op or counter-op), just the combat simulator, with all of the old maps, and with new maps too. Such as all of the Goldeneye multiplayer maps, and maybe modified versions of the PD and GE single player maps, altered to make good multilayer maps.

This isn't too far fetched; by leaving out the single player mode, including the resource hungry speech samples, there would have been a lot of empty space on the cartridge, which they could have used for the new multiplayer levels. They wouln't have had to do design, program or create a new single player campaign (which would have taken a long time), as there would be no single player campaign at all. They wouldn't have had to test the weapons, the games modes or the existing levels, as they all worked fine. Rare would have just have to design, create and test the new maps, plus a new, extended tree system for the single player game, made up of matches against the sims (like the present Challenges system already in Perfect Dark, but with far more than just thirty). Also, Rare could have fixed any bugs or flaws in the game engine, and hopefully added things that fans had wished were in Perfect Dark's multiplayer modes, such as a Last Man Standing mode, the ability to perform a certain action (say throw a grenade, or activate the Combat Boost) simply by pressing the Left Shoulder Button, and the ability for the sims to use mines and the shotgun properly.

Alright, so some people would have missed a new single player campaign - so would I, but that would have taken a long time to design and program, and almost certainly wouldn't have been economically viable given how close the N64 was to the end of it's commercial life, but the game I've described wouldn't have taken anywhere near as long for Rare to release, and would hopefully have been early enough, and successful enough (who doesn't like PD's Combat Simulator) to make a profit.

Although given how many still sealed and unsold copies of PD there are in the world, maybe PD itself came along to late to make a profit. Oh well...

Posted Image

Oh, I'd *love* a good Doctor Who game on the N64. Or on any machine, has there ever been a good Doctor Who game?
Edited by Kerr Avon, Nov 4 2014, 03:42 PM.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Resident Evil 3, they managed Rez 2!!!! :n64:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

breeding_fear
Member Avatar
Established Member
I was so disappointed that the second Doom game was cancelled..
It was announced but soon cancelled..
Think the name was Final Doom II 64.
:n64: EUR PAL Games: 111/239

StarWorgen
Member Avatar
Established Member
Super Mario 64 2
LF NTSC Star Fox Adventures Black Label Brand New, LF Loose Gold Cartridge OOT Version 1.0, Loose Majora's Mask Hologram Cart. Brand New Star Fox For SNES. Pokemon Red New and Sealed.

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Sonic The Hedgehog 64

Titan
Member Avatar
Established Member
Metal gear would have been immense! Also maybe a super Mario 2 with multiplayer or co op, gta might have worked well too.
It's not who you are underneath but what you do that defines you

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Marvel vs Capcom 64- 4 player
Characters: All the ones in the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 game plus some special unlockable Nintendo characters.
Discription: Hand drawn graphics and animation! Nothing else will satisfy!

R-Type 64
Gradius 64
Darius Gaiden 64
Space Megaforce 64

Contra 64
Players: 1 or 2
Characters: The original snes two contra guys. Do not remember their names.
Description: 2.5D side scrolling levels, 3D boss areas with behind your character third person control. You can move around like in Star Fox 64 boss areas. Some hidden bonus levels with vehicle modes of play.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors 64- up to 4 players

Ghouls N' Ghosts 64

That is just what comes to mind. And I would have loved a Metroid in the style of Other M.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ezehogan
Tomb Raider 64
Warcraft II
Super Mario 128
Ura Zelda
Mario Kart 2
Quest 2
Metroid 64
Eternal Darkness
Pac-Man World
Ghostbusters 64
Final Fantasy 64

Back in 1999/2000 there was talk about a Ghostbusters 3 movie being in the works and a lot of anticipation for an N64 Ghostbusters game. Of course the movie never made it out of development and the game never a thought without a movie.

swaaye
Established Member
Indiana Jones Infernal Machine is basically Tomb Raider.

Eternal Darkness on 64 would have been fascinating. But it was a very good call to move it to Cube.

The rumored Unreal port was most interesting to me.
Edited by swaaye, May 2 2015, 11:55 PM.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Now that putting a game on an N64 cartridge is so easy, perhaps we'll see some of the fantastic ideas in this thread come to fruition. :huh:

Make N64 Repros At Home (No soldering/wiring/skills required!)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I'm rather surprised there wasn't some sort of dragonball/z game for the n64.
Also agree with the people that suggested some sort of Street Fighter 64.
Also Dexter's Laboratory in the style of Mario 64 :)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ItalianBaptist
Jul 17 2017, 08:42 AM
Also agree with the people that suggested some sort of Street Fighter 64.
The cartridge format's limited capacity made a game like Street Fighter 3 near impossible on the N64. That game is renowned for having lots of animation which is evident when you see the way Ryu's gi flows. Street Fighter IV didn't match that level of animation even though it was released on more powerful hardware. Still, I would have loved to have seen a version of Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix released on the N64 because the Super Deformed characters are so doggone cute. :lol:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I see that I said Rezident Evil 3 in 2014 but also how about Rezident Evil! Again, they did such a good job with 2, why not!? I guess I should be grateful we got 2. It's a real highlight to the N64 and a real statement which shows what could have been in terms of cart size usage.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Star Wars Episode I Racer 2, albeit with a better name that that, like, oh I dunno, SUPER Star Wars Episode I Racer, (but not "Neva Kee's World Championship Racing")
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I mean Street Fighter Alpha 2 is on Snes, albeit with lag and reduced animation. Rakuga Kids only has a 12mb cartridge but it has 8 characters all with over 400 frames of animation at 60 fps. I'm not sure how much animation Street Fighter 3 has, but I think with a full 64mb cart it could have been possible, maybe with some animation cut out or less detailed backgrounds. It's just that it wouldn't be worth the effort to try, like Milage said Resident Evil 2 was surprising for Capcom to even try, although for that game most of the cartridge is just FMV not actual gameplay assets.

I wish there were more game show games, Gametek got Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy before they went out of buisiness. Last night I didn't want to get my Snes out just to play Family Feud :cussfit:it.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jul 17 2017, 02:30 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Shellshocker18
Jul 17 2017, 02:28 PM
I mean Street Fighter Alpha 2 is on Snes, albeit with lag and reduced animation.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the SNES is horrible. I mean it was a noble attempt but Street Fighter II Turbo and even Super Street Fighter II are so much better.

I'd like to see some industrious would-be video game developer take the WWF No Mercy game engine and use it to create a fantasy based Sumo game. I feel this way because I hear the game engine in No Mercy is fantastic but I don't care too much for American style wrestling. Keep it about grappling but speed up the pace and add ring outs (like real Sumo) to make the action more intense. Heck, I'd even share my character designs for the project.

Posted Image

By the way, does WWF No Mercy have any kind of a combo system?

Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Good thread revive. I would love to see Ura Zelda, a Luigi game, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, umm I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any more right now.

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I waited for PilotWings 64 Two for so long. Was supposedly in development for a while. Never came to be.

I'd love to see an N64 spin on RC-Pro AM!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Jul 17 2017, 07:57 AM
Now that putting a game on an N64 cartridge is so easy, perhaps we'll see some of the fantastic ideas in this thread come to fruition. :huh:

Burning a ROM of someone elses work and putting it in a cartridge is not the same as developing a game from scratch ;)

Myself, I'd loved to have seen House of the Dead, or any light gun game for that matter :wub:

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
A decent JRPG. There are just none (for it's reasons of course).

Anyway,
During N64's time, I always expected a true 3D Pokemon adventure (like the GB games) to come out, but it never did in the end. I was so excited for this non-existent game.
I'm still surprised that 3D had to wait until X/Y (and one could argue if that is even true 3D).

As for other games, Earthbound! I had high hopes after seeing Ness in SSB, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. >_<

At the time I also had high hopes for Mortal Kombat Gold, which got released on the Dreamcast and used the same engine as MK4 (which did got released on N64), but never came.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
danny_galaga
Jul 18 2017, 07:14 AM
Grizzmeister
Jul 17 2017, 07:57 AM

Burning a ROM of someone elses work and putting it in a cartridge is not the same as developing a game from scratch ;)
Good point! The N64 Blaster is really more of a tool for stealing other people's work rather than creating your own. Still - it's nice to see that if somebody made a new N64 game it wouldn't be impossible to flash it to a cartridge if they really wanted to.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Jul 18 2017, 12:34 PM.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: