Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 games you would love to exist?
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:50 PM (4,985 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mario Kart 64 Shindou Edition.

For those of you who aren't aware of what "Shindou" is it refers to the Japanese re-release of Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 with Rumble Pak support.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mario Baseball 64. Something along the lines of Chokukan Night: Pro Yakyu King but featuring Mario and friends instead of super deformed Japanese baseball players.

Spoiler: click to toggle
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mobile Suit Mario. :o

The Japanese Mecha series Armored Core was huge on the original Playstation and it would have been nice if the geniuses at EAD had developed their own take on this genre.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
MmSadda
Jan 27 2013, 10:37 AM
Ya know, Street Fighter 3 (I think New Generation or 2nd Impact) was supposed to be released on N64.
I don't think the N64 could have handled Street Fighter 3 as the game has tons of animation and the cartridge format doesn't lend itself well to that. For example, Killer Instinct Gold is considered a pretty weak port of KI2 (Arcade) because so many frames of animation were deleted to squeeze it on to a cartridge.

Mario Flying Ace
I wish Nintendo had made a four-player aerial dog fighting game for the N64. Maybe something along the lines of having Mario and friends battling in WW I era biplanes in the skies over the Mushroom Kingdom. ^_^

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I wish Nintendo had made a fighting game featuring Mario and the Mushroom Kingdom crew for the N64. Some will argue that Super Smash Bros. is a fighting game but it really isn't in the traditional sense. Also, SSB features characters from other franchises and I'd like a fighter that focuses more on the core characters found in Mario Kart 64. So with that in mind I present...

Super Mario Kendo 64
What happens when Mario and friends take to the dojo to practice their wooden sword fighting skills? Well whacky hijinks in the form of Super Mario Kendo 64, of course. :D

Picture the game as kind of like Bushido Blade but with a much less violent and much more whimsical approach. The game would feature the traditional tried and true Nintendo formula of being easy to pick up and play while at the same time offering deep meta-strategies which would keep the game interesting to more skilled players.

Question: You think the geniuses here at N64 Forever could develop a new game for the N64 and get it released? Don't laugh, there's a precedence for this in Pier Solar for the Mega Drive/Genesis. :huh:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus

Just imagine if the creator of this video rendered Mario and Wario battling Street Fighter style as if they were Ryu and Akuma. AWESOME! :w00t:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Highlander
Jun 6 2013, 08:48 AM
Grizzmeister
Feb 1 2013, 11:26 PM
Mario Flying Ace
I wish Nintendo had made a four-player aerial dog fighting game for the N64. Maybe something along the lines of having Mario and friends battling in WW I era biplanes in the skies over the Mushroom Kingdom. ^_^

Starfox is pretty good fun on 4 player
Yeah Star Fox 64 in 4 player mode is mad fun but sadly you only have two arenas to choose from. :(

That's why I suggested Mario Flying Ace because Nintendo could have used the Star Fox 64 game engine and simply provided many more multiplayer maps to battle in. :)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Now that putting a game on an N64 cartridge is so easy, perhaps we'll see some of the fantastic ideas in this thread come to fruition. :huh:

Make N64 Repros At Home (No soldering/wiring/skills required!)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ItalianBaptist
Jul 17 2017, 08:42 AM
Also agree with the people that suggested some sort of Street Fighter 64.
The cartridge format's limited capacity made a game like Street Fighter 3 near impossible on the N64. That game is renowned for having lots of animation which is evident when you see the way Ryu's gi flows. Street Fighter IV didn't match that level of animation even though it was released on more powerful hardware. Still, I would have loved to have seen a version of Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix released on the N64 because the Super Deformed characters are so doggone cute. :lol:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Shellshocker18
Jul 17 2017, 02:28 PM
I mean Street Fighter Alpha 2 is on Snes, albeit with lag and reduced animation.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the SNES is horrible. I mean it was a noble attempt but Street Fighter II Turbo and even Super Street Fighter II are so much better.

I'd like to see some industrious would-be video game developer take the WWF No Mercy game engine and use it to create a fantasy based Sumo game. I feel this way because I hear the game engine in No Mercy is fantastic but I don't care too much for American style wrestling. Keep it about grappling but speed up the pace and add ring outs (like real Sumo) to make the action more intense. Heck, I'd even share my character designs for the project.

Posted Image

By the way, does WWF No Mercy have any kind of a combo system?

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
danny_galaga
Jul 18 2017, 07:14 AM
Grizzmeister
Jul 17 2017, 07:57 AM
Now that putting a game on an N64 cartridge is so easy, perhaps we'll see some of the fantastic ideas in this thread come to fruition. :huh:

Make N64 Repros At Home (No soldering/wiring/skills required!)

Burning a ROM of someone elses work and putting it in a cartridge is not the same as developing a game from scratch ;)
Good point! The N64 Blaster is really more of a tool for stealing other people's work rather than creating your own. Still - it's nice to see that if somebody made a new N64 game it wouldn't be impossible to flash it to a cartridge if they really wanted to.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Jul 18 2017, 12:34 PM.

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply