Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What cartoons did you grow up on?; more about you series
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 06:46 AM (3,206 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
It is time for another round!

I want to know what cartoons you guys grew up on, and do you still have a soft spot for them?

If I had to name a single cartoon it would have to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. From age 6 to 9 I hardly missed an episode. I had all the movies and tons of action figures.

Do I still have a soft spot for it? Yeah, and wish I knew where my figures were!

Other shows I liked:
Ghost Busters and Scooby Do were my next most enjoyed cartoons. When I was smaller I loved Duck Tales. Looney Toones was great as well. I remember watching it in our den every Sunday night on Nockalodeon. Later came Doug and Rugrats. When I was 10 my brother got in to Beavis and Butthead, and I watched it when I could :lol: I did watch the Simpsons, but got tired of it.

I barely remember, but liked, He Man and GI Joe as well.

These days the cartoons I watch are King of the Hill, Frisky Dingo, Archer, and Bob's Burgers ;)

I lookd forward to hearing from the rest of you :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
The ones i used to watch were 'Rugrats' and 'The Wild Thornberrys' :D i used to watch a e few other but nothing i really liked.

i still do have a bit of a soft spot for them, i watched the rugrats/wild thornberry cross over movie with my Nieces the other day and actually enjoyed it :w00t:

But my two favorites were 'Cat Dog' and 'The Angry Beavers' :D

The cartoons i watch nowadays are 'The Simpsons' and 'Family Guy'
Edited by Phantom, Jan 30 2013, 06:57 AM.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
The Fiintstones, The Jetsons (really loved that) and Yogi Bear
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
I didn't really watch a whole ton of cartoons growing up. But I did watch Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob, I still like those shows. I also watched a bit of Avatar: The Last Airbender but didn't really get into that show until last year when I watched all four seasons in like two weeks. Great show, probably the best cartoon I've ever seen.
Posted Image

Waddle Dee
Member Avatar
Wat
Invader Zim, Jimmy Nuetron, Spongebob, and now I watch way too much adventure time.

I also watched a lot of popeye, like a lot of popeye :D
Simply Subscribe For My Love:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Crumpocalypse

zar
Member Avatar
Hey Arnold, Recess, Rocket Power and Spongebob were among my favorites but I watched everything on Nickelodeon and some Disney til I was 9 when our directv dish broke. Haven't watched much tv since then. When people start talking about modern tv shows I just step out :lol:
Edited by zar, Jan 30 2013, 08:38 AM.
Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cow & Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, Aah Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Spongebob Squarepants, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Angry Beavers, Recess, CatDog, Bobby's World, Pokemon, Yughioh, Rugrats, Johnny Bravo, Courage The Cowardly Dog, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, The Power Puff Girls, Scooby Doo, The Fairly Off Parents, Rocko's Modern Life, The Wild Thornberries, Rocket Power, Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, and As Told By Ginger.

I also watched the Simpsons, Futurama, King Of The Hill, etc, but I don't really count those. lol

Im sure there are more, but I can't remember them all! haha. I love cartoons, and still watch today (even though I'm 22), but now I mostly watch stuff like American Dad, King Of The Hill, Family Guy, Futurama, etc...

Edited by SicCooper, Jan 30 2013, 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
As a kid I was all about Masters of the Universe, She-Ra, GI Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Real Ghostbusters and Dungeons & Dragons. I loved all of those shows and would watch them both before and after school. I have a few of them on DVD now that I enjoy revisiting from time to time.

Nowadays I still watch a lot of current cartoons, from SpongeBob to Naruto to Family Guy. I don't think you ever outgrow any kind of cartoon. Just look at the stuff Pixar and Dreamworks put out.

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
Well i grew up with arthur,the jetsons,scooby doo,the flinstones,yogi bear,dexters laboratory, and anything that was on boomerang or pbs kids go. Well now i watch spongebob,rugrats,the wild thornberrys,hey arnold,arthur,avatar the last airbender(which i love to death that cartoon),and alot of cartoons. some things you dont grow up on are cartoons :lol:
Edited by NintendoLuke99, Jan 30 2013, 09:46 AM.
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Thank you for sharing. I had forgotten about Rocko's Modern Life until a couple of you mentioned it.

We have some retro shows on dvd as well, mostly of my wife's doing. We have the best of She-Ra, best of He Man, He Man seasons 1 and 2. The She-Ra and He Man Christmas special, season 1 of Transformers, the entire set of Jem and the Holograms, and also some Danger Mouse :lol:

I agree that cartoons typically are not entirely grown out of most people. :)

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Tom & Jerry, Jetsons, SCooby-Doo, Catch the Pigeon, and my #1 all time favorite, G-Force (a/k/a Battle of the Planets):

Posted Image
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jan 30 2013, 11:18 AM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
I like this!

As a kid I was plenty into (in no particular order) GI Joe, Pokemon, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Fairly Oddparents, Yu-gi-oh, Power Rangers, Beetleborgs, Spongebob, Simpsons ReBoot, Zoboomafoo, Scooby-Doo, Dragonball Z, Little-Foot, Archie and I remember Tales of the Crypt Keeper ( the intro scared me more than the show )

Today I'm still a fan of animation, mostly anime, that said, but here's a short list cartoons i watch today: South Park, Naruto, Darker than Black, Futurama, Afro Samurai, The Boondocks (such amazing graphic work here).

There are plenty more, I'm sure, I'm just not thinking hard enough :)
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
We never had cable, and my parents were pretty strict about watching TV, so my sis and I never really got to watch that much, even on Saturday mornings (when the best stuff was on). :( But since we were both home an hour or two before my parents got back from work during the week, we'd always sneak in 2-3 shows right after school... mainly Duck Tales, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, and sometimes Batman: the Animated Series.

As a kid, I was always a fan of G.I. Joe figures and Transformers, but hardly ever got to see either show. (Loved every one I saw!) Late in high school, I never got to see much of Ren & Stimpy, but again, I loved every episode I saw.

From my college years onwards, I always enjoyed any Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy episodes I happened to catch. I've only really been keeping up with purchasing the Family Guy DVDs, (I have everything up to Vol. 10) but have only watched to the middle of the 3rd volume. >_< X_D
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
This topic got me thinking today. When I was real small I really liked a Great American Tale, The American Rabbit, and Land Before Time, oh and also the Brave Little Toaster :)

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
I like this topic, made me remember all those great programs i used to watch :yeah:

Heres my list off the top of my head, there is probably some i have forgotten :D
Transformers, Taz Mania, Timon and Pumba, The Jetsons, Recess, The flintstones, Muppets, Batman, Alvin and the Chipmonks, Hey Arnold, Chip and Dale,TMNT, Doug, Smurfs, Scooby-Doo, Pinky and the Brain, Rugrats, Inspector Gadget, Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Johnny Bravo, Bananaman, Felix the Cat, King of the Hill, Cat Dog.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Saw some mentions of shows that I forgot all about, such as Ren & Stimpy, Danger Mouse and the Smurfs. And I remembered one of my favorites from the 90s: Freakazoid! Such a classic, that one.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Jan 30 2013, 04:10 PM.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Ooooh, and Animaniacs... I forgot about that one!!
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
And I forgot Superfriends. "Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom [cue what looks to be an oversized Darth Vader helmet in the middle of a swamp] . . . " Good stuff.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Waddle Dee
Member Avatar
Wat
I totally forgot Courage the Cowardly Dog, one of my favorite shows.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
How could I forget Rescue Rangers, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Muppet Babies, and yes.... Even Care Bears when I was very little.

I am glad to see you all keep coming back with more shows you thought of later in the day like I did. Kind of neat to know you all were thinking on this through the day.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I was just thinking about all of my favorite Adult Swim cartoons. Although I didn't grow up on them (thank goodness?), they are equally as awesome.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Robot Chicken
Xavier: Renegade Angel
Frisky Dingo
Perfect Hair Forever
Shin-chan

EDIT: And did anybody every watch The Adventures of the Little Prince? I need to watch that again soon, I have fond memories of the show but can't remember any particular stories.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Jan 30 2013, 11:26 PM.

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
stinger9142
Jan 30 2013, 01:05 PM
the Brave Little Toaster :)
Oh man, totally!

THIS PART still makes me really sad to watch today... Such profound lyrics.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
He-Man
GI Joe

These were the best cartoons when I was growing up.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
YogurtStorm
Jan 30 2013, 11:23 PM
stinger9142
Jan 30 2013, 01:05 PM
the Brave Little Toaster :)
Oh man, totally!

THIS PART still makes me really sad to watch today... Such profound lyrics.
I knew what part it was going to be before I clicked it! It is a weirdly profound little song, especially for a little kid's cartoon ;)
Funny fyi, I think that is Issaac Hayes singing at the 3:00 mark and beyond :lol:
Edited by stinger9142, Jan 31 2013, 06:06 AM.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Also,I forgot about Ren and Stimpy. They showed that on a Saturday morning here back when I was 13, which was 1994. Always a topic of conversation come Monday morning. :bullet:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
I grew up on mostly Cartoons like the Flinstones, Scooby Doo, and The Jetsons but I always watched Spongebob, Invader Zim, and my favorite Cartoon Danny Phantom. I also watched a little Spider-Man animated series that was on the Disney Channel.
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I had forgotten about spider man and x-men! They were also good.

I did enjoy ren and stimpy, but was also grossed out by it a lot :lol:

floorcat
Member Avatar
Well, the show certainly had some sort of weird fetish with butts...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CoachLuke22
Member Avatar
I watched most of what you guys already mentioned.

Also Captain planet and Gargoyles
N.A. Consoles - 7/9
N.A. Controllers CIB - 8/8
N.A. Carts - 76/296

Nintendo Power Controllers - Nintendo Power 100, DK64, Millennium 2000

Waddle Dee
Member Avatar
Wat
Of course floorcat, butts are hilarious

When done right of course :D
Edited by Waddle Dee, Jan 31 2013, 02:00 PM.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: