Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Playstation Vita Thread; Sony's little handheld that could... (and let's hope... WILL!)
Topic Started: Apr 20 2011, 12:25 AM (2,163 Views)
YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Toro's Friend Network is free on the Vita store! Not sure what it is, but Toro sure is a cute fella, so I'm downloading it :lol:
Edited by YogurtStorm, Jun 13 2013, 02:38 PM.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Ouch.

FTC settles ad allegations on PlayStation Vita gaming console

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The Red Shadow
Nov 26 2014, 09:07 AM
I find this line particularly disturbing.

"The FTC also settled with Deutsch LA, which had urged its staffers to praise the device on Twitter without also instructing them to disclose their relationship to Sony."
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
So I noticed a bit of Vita backloggage this morning and thought I'd share... I know, on the Vita, of all systems!!

Posted Image

All the ones on the left, I've played and completed. :w00t: The ones on the right... they're still wrapped in plastic. >_<
And don't even get me started on my digital-only titles... >_< >_<
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Vita is definitely one of those oddities! The hardware sales aren't that fantastic, but the attachment rate of the console is sublime. Those who buy Vita ten to heavily support it.

Devs have repeatedly said they're extremely pleased with software sales on the system regardless of the "dying handheld" title people have taken to giving it :yeah:
Edited by YogurtStorm, Dec 13 2014, 03:05 AM.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Just brought a vita and I am loving it so far, really wish I'd given it more attention when it was new. Playing uncharted at the moment and its great, feels just like a proper console game. Touch controls are a bit meh though.

Whats everyones recommendations for the system?
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Little Big Planet Vita, Killzone Mercenary (the most impressive game on the platform, IMO), Lumines, and Street Fighter x Tekken would be my initial ones. If you like JRPG's then Persona 4 Golden is reportedly a must.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Glad to hear you're really enjoying it, buddy!! :w00t:
Pro-tip for Golden Abyss: the internal gyro motion controls make headshots SO. MUCH. EASIER!! (really wish I knew about that before I nearly finished the game!) >_<

As for recommendations, it depends a little on your gaming preferences, but the top faves of the games I've played are definitely: WipEout 2048, Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Severed, Velocity Ultra, Guacamelee!, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, and Sound Shapes.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
@WF I have killzone (came with the console) but LBP really isn't my kind of game, i'll look up the others for sure.

@Floorcat, I've been using the gyro for the whole game so far, in my opinion gyro aiming is one of the best using of motion controls in most games.

Thanks for all the ideas i will look these up. Brought the console just to play borderlands 2 on the go but I hear its a terrible port, still gonna get it though
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
Great decision on buying this underrated machine!

Already you have Golden Abyss;
My recommendations are:
- Mortal Kombat > Port of Mortal Kombat IX, downscaled from the original but keeps the 60fps fast-paced action from the original.
- Assassins Creed Liberation > Story-wise not the best in the series, but looks stunning and plays wonderful on the go.
- Gravity Rush > No explanation needed. Great adventure.
- Freedom Wars > Fast paced Japanese action-RPG. Looks wonderful!
- Danganronpa > Sony's answer to Nintendo's Ace Attorney, and extremely addictive.

I'm not sure which firmware you are on, but if you're still on 3.60 or lower, there are quite some homebrew possibilities as well.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I updated the FW straight away without looking into if i should or not :(
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
What's the current FW? Still 3.61?

I know there are SOME possibilities on that version, although not as diverse as 3.60.

However, it'll only be a matter of time until higher FW versions are cracked wide open.
I'll keep an eye open for you. ;)

One advantage though, some recent (downloadable) games can only be played on 3.61 OFW or higher, and are simply impossible to play on CFW (yet), like the Vita version of Undertale.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I guess it's the latest version but not too sure. I'm in no rush anyway, as you say at some point it will be cracked fully. I'm enjoying the stock experience so far lol.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: