Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
PS4; Formally PS4 being announced Feb 20th
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 05:57 PM (9,069 Views)
hockeylife21
? Seems like sony is announcing the PS4 this month kind of excited but worried at the same time. Hopefully its inovative and not overpriced. I don't need a PS4 if its just an upgraded PS3 when I can build a PC instead. What are your guys thoughts?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
With Dragon Ball FighterZ and the Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection coming in 2018, I'm sure I'm going to be spending a lot of time gaming on my PS4 next year. Needless to say, I love the fighting game genre. I also enjoy racing games and for this reason I'm praying with all my might that a new Crash Team Racing game gets released next year. I'd be satisfied with just an HD remaster of the original CTR, but in all honesty Crash Team Racing 2 would probably be a much more satisfying racing game given how far video game technology has come since 1999.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Actually it would be Crash Team Racing 3...Donny forget the time they tried to rip off double dash ;)

There’s still a very small chance of me getting a PS4 for dragon ball fighterz. The Xbox One deal that was supposed to happen never did and most of my friends have PS4 instead.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
When I bought my PlayStation 4 (December 2014) it was the superior console in my opinion. However, in many ways I believe the XB1 has caught up and maybe even surpassed the PS4. Nowadays I'd suggest buying whichever has the most exclusives that you enjoy. If I owned a 4k TV and didn't care about exclusives, though, I'd probably go with the Xbox One X.

With respect to Crash Team Racing, I guess I'm just hungry for a high quality mascot racer for the PS4. Since CTR is second only to Mario Kart in my mind, I guess that's why I want a new entry in that franchise. I still play the original on my Raspberry Pi from time to time and it holds up amazingly well. It's really just the graphics that let it down as that part of the game hasn't aged particularly well especially when played on a modern television.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Sony: PS4 Sales Top 73.6 Million Units Worldwide! :o

Quote:

Sony Interactive Entertainment announced worldwide PlayStation 4 sales have surpassed 73.6 million units as of December 31, 2017. More than 5.9 million PlayStation 4 consoles were sold during the holiday season.

645.0 million games have been sold on the PlayStation 4 at retail and through digital downloads on the PlayStation Store.

"Thanks to the continued support from our fans across the globe, we are honored to announce remarkable sales during the holiday season," said John Kodera, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment.

"PlayStation Network continues to demonstrate spectacular growth, with the number of PlayStation Plus subscribers surpassing 31.5 million, and PS Store recording its largest-ever monthly sales of content in December 2017. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to our community and our partners for helping us achieve such phenomenal milestones.

"We promise our unwavering commitment to bring more amazing experiences to our fans, including exclusive games and innovative network services, as PS4 continues to flourish as the best place to play."

This is amazing and there are still a lot of games that haven't been released yet which can potentially drive sales well above 100 million units.

The PS4's success is well deserved, in my humble opinion, as I play games on mine just about every day. I also watch movies on it from time-to-time as it's a great streaming device for those of us who still haven't invested in a smart TV.

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
5.9 millions in holiday only ? geez...... thats more than half of what the Switch sold in 10 months.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Cabanon
Jan 9 2018, 07:35 PM
5.9 millions in holiday only ? geez...... thats more than half of what the Switch sold in 10 months.
That's one reason why I laugh when people try to tell me that video gaming is becoming less popular. Selling nearly six million of anything during the holiday season is quite an accomplishment. If anything, playing video games as a pastime is more popular now than ever. We really are living in the golden age of video gaming. :yeah:

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
I wonder tho how many ps4 are used as media center. I'd say my ps3 has been used 70% as a media server. Not that I didnt play games or that my gaming days are over at all, but having kids and being a cable cutter, you have to entertain them one way or another and that's the main device to see videos off youtube or using netflix.

« Previous Topic · Playstation 4 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: