Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Games: The Unreleased Collection; Video Footage of Games We Didn't Get a Chance to Play
Topic Started: Feb 27 2013, 09:16 AM (13,944 Views)
No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Nice find!

From his responses, it seems to be the working title given before Diddy Kong RACING...

But it brings up something else:

It made me think- At what point in a game's development do they decide to greenlight the production of certain items like these; almost knowing full well that it will change and differ from the end product?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@Culbert,
Although Metroid 64 was just a rumor and a very nice idea, i don't think Nintendo would've had the correct amount of time to create something like that on N64. However, we do get to see the possibilities with Samus in Super Smash Bros.

If it was possible, the best result could've been doing it in a "platform style". :yeah:
Maybe they were afraid it wouldn't compare to Super Metroid.
Out of every Metroid, it really was, and still is one of the best in the franchise!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Sydney 2000...

This game was released on PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, and on PC. Developed by ATD. Published by EIDOS.
Aside from the FMV, it looks even better than the PS1 version.
Out of all unreleased N64 games, this one is the only "high profile" game.
With the eyes of the world watching, the IOC (International Olympic Comitee) have their hands in these games in some way. It says that they even "own" these games.
Even though there are Olympic games good and bad, wouldn't endorsed/sponsored/owned IOC games need a good reason to not get released?

What exactly happened here??
Does anyone have more insight on this?

Edited by No64DD, Aug 8 2016, 05:06 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I just realized that someone on Assembler found Riqa!! :omg:
This game would have been awesome. I was dissapointed when it was cancelled. Huge potential!

RIQA

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Can't seem to get the url to work.

I really wanted to see Animal Bancho on N64. That turned into Cubivore for Gamecube.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply