Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Pro Wrestling anyone?; WWE, TNA, WCW, ECW, etc.
Topic Started: Mar 21 2013, 09:37 PM (3,055 Views)
No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
R.I.P.
RRP was a fav of mine.
Edited by No64DD, Aug 8 2015, 07:49 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Meader
Member Avatar
Competitor
No64DD
Aug 8 2015, 07:48 PM
R.I.P.
RRP was a fav of mine.
Stone Cold Steve Austin owes RRP a lot. He paved the way for the loud mouth, in your face, :cussfit: authority, butt kicking underdog who always win. The Anti-hero.
Posted Image
Work - Love - Nintendo 64

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I was all about Eddie Guerrero and Ray Mysterio, but once Eddie died I slowly stopped watching... :(
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
I used to watch WWE Raw and Smackdown on a weekly basis, as well as the PPV shows. Slowly, I stopped watching Smackdown and only watched RAW and skimmed through the PPV shows. Nowadays (for almost 2 years now) I no longer watch RAW and the only PPV's I watch are Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and Summer Slam, and even then I skim through the shows to the 'good' matches.

The 'Attitude Era' has long gone, my favourite wrestlers have all retired and are no longer on the show aside from the occasional cameo (except the Undertaker, but he only wrestles twice a year (AT MOST) and mostly poorly even). The big stars of this generation have become incredibly boring (esp. Cena and Orton), the current roster barely interests me and the last of the more interesting characters (C.M. Punk) has promised he never will return to WWE.

I'm afraid I can't be bothered with wrestling anymore, nowadays -_-

There's only one thing I'm looking forward to: The Undertaker's retirement. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want him to retire, but it'll most likely be one HELL of a Hall of Fame induction, not to mention (probably) the biggest farewell show since Rick Flair.
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
You sound a lot like me. I haven't watched regularly for years but I do keep up with stuff online. All my favorite wrestlers are gone or barely there (and CM Punk was the last guy I was really into) and the best eras, from the Attitude Era to the Invasion are buried in the past. I just live on with my WWE blu-ray purchases and memories of the past.

Meader
Member Avatar
Competitor
I want you guys' opinion on who you think the worst wrestling character ever was. That could mean who you personally hated to watch, who you thought was technically an awful wrestler, who you thought was an awful actor, who you thought was an awful character in general, or who you thought should never have existed because the mere idea of them is a flop from the word Go.

I have a few ideas I'll sprinkle in, but I want to hear from you guys first!
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
I Hated JBL as a wrestler, it was annoying, wasn't a good performer, very stiff and uneventful, and drove around that stupid car all the time. I also didn't car for him as an announcer but he was better than Taz at times.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
JBL is a good selection. While I can't say I found him annoying or anything, he was simply unnecessary in my opinion. Some heels are done well and you either love to hate them or you even start to like them but JBL was just a guy who I waited for to leave my TV screen when he appeared. Him as an announcer was another story, though. I don't think he offered much beyond in-ring experience but heel announcers are a thing so whatever. At least that time is past us.

A couple guys who come to mind right now are The Big Show and Mark Henry, but only when they were going through their no-personality-having heel phases. When those guys were allowed to be themselves and infused a little humor into their repertoire then I was down. But they had so many stretches as mean mugging quote/unquote bad :donkey: es that I just couldn't be bothered.

Hmm, I'll have to give this some more thought as I know there were a lot of guys over the last two decades that I could've done without.

Meader
Member Avatar
Competitor
I didn't mind JBL. I liked him better as Bradshaw, and I don't think JBL deserved the amount of time he held the title for (I'm pretty sure it was almost, if not a full year. He was (at the time) the worst announcer out there. Taz was pretty terrible AT FIRST (for announcing), but so was Michael Cole and he got better. JBL never got better, he only got more obnoxious, although he was really good at building up other superstars.

I want to bring up a wrestler who was not only unnecessary, not only absolutely absurd, but was so bad he almost always makes the top lists of terrible wrestlers. If you don't know him, look him up. BTW, am I allowed to post youtube videos here if they relate to the topic, because I have some that will really drive home my point, especially on my number 1 choice?

My Personal Number 3 Worst Wrestler Of All Time Is None Other Than Eddy Guerrero's Brother, Hector Guerrero.

#3: The Gobbledy Gooker
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Meader, Aug 23 2015, 05:03 PM.
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Yeah, the Gooker was an atrocious idea. And yes, you are allowed to post YouTube videos.

Since we are drawing on some obscure and short lived characters then I'll share this guy:
Posted Image

The less said about The Shockmaster, the better.

And these two unfortunate buffoons:
Fake Razor Ramon and Fake Diesel
Posted Image

At least Glen Jacobs went on to have a long career that is still ongoing as Kane, who has had his own bad stretches.

Posted Image
Edited by The Red Shadow, Aug 23 2015, 05:11 PM.

Meader
Member Avatar
Competitor
Spoiler: click to toggle
The Shocker is my Number 1. This is his debut clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q4EVpIFIk
Edited by Meader, Aug 23 2015, 06:18 PM.
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I thought I posted here before but maybe I didn't?

Anyway, there was a New Zealand Wrestling show that was on for a while called Mana Mamau.
Quite entertaining.

Dal Knox was my favourite, he had a pretty speccy move called Knox Out Baby!

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
So tonight is WrestleMania 32 and I'm going to be watching it. I did the 30 day free trial of the WWE Network and one of the perks is getting to see the PPVs live as they air. I've already watched last night's Hall of Fame Ceremony, which was awesome, and I'm getting ready to soak in the biggest event of the year in pro wrestling. :shades:

videogamefiles
I am a big wrestling fan have been since Channel 5 started showing WCW Worldwide around 1999.

I currently have the WWE Network and watching through all the episodes of WCW Nitro at the moment. Hope they start adding Thunder.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I enjoyed my time with the WWE Network a few months ago but I couldn't justify the price when I don't get to watch Raw and Smackdown. If those were included then I'd be all over them. Having the most recent episodes available on there be a month or older is a shame. I'd love to watch the new episodes a day or two later and if they ever do that then I'm all in.

videogamefiles
Aye, sadly though, I doubt that would ever happen. A significant amount of revenue comes from TV advertising during Raw/Smackdown even during the replays later in the week.

Sgally23
Established Member
WWE

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Watching royal rumble!!

First ever 30 female royal rumble!

Bring on the ladies :yeah:

Anyone else watching?
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I watched it (I've been doing the WWE Network for over a year now) and I liked the show but it was really just the Rumble matches that were fun and exciting. Especially the first ever Women's Rumble! Pretty great action and tons of nostalgia moments with all the returns. I love ladies like Lita, Molly Holly, Trish and Michelle McCool so it was a great touch to see all of them. Also getting to see ladies like Ember Moon and Kairi Sane was awesome as I don't really watch NXT at all. And Asuka winning was great but I wanted to see who she was going to choose to face at WrestleMania, even as awesome as it was to see Ronda Rousey appear. I'm looking forward to the ride on the Road to WrestleMania!

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
THe rumbles were great! It was very nastolgic to see lita, molly holly (who looks better today IMO) and trish! I was also kind of sad to see all the plastic surgery! -_- I think the ladies rumble was better the the guys!

I have never seen that Asuka before, she looks like a lot of fun!! We were glad to see her win! My husband (who's not a huge fan of wrestling now a days) actually got into it! At the end he was yelling "Osca Maya is the Weiner!" Hahaha we make up similar sounding names for the wrestlers we are not familiar with.

I used to watch raw and smackdown religiously! When I moved in with my husband (almost 5 years ago) he didnt have cable so slowly but surely I became out of touch. I did have the network, but I wanted to see the whole show when it's on! So I unsubscribed. Last night my brother sent me his new log-in info and we had a blast watching :) we already made plans for wrestle mania!

Im still missing my Jericho action though!! Im sure he's busy with getting his cruise ready.

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
You can binge watch old rumbles on YouTube. My kids love it. I enjoyed seeing some old Saturday am wrestling episodes that I vaguely remember from childhood. Sgt Slaughter, Piperís Pit, and of course, the best straight guy in the business, Mean Gene Okerland!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Those are the ones my husband likes!

Im more of an attitude era kinda gal. Stone cold, the rock, y2j, the Hardy's, the dudleys! Kane and taker together! And all the bleeding and swearing and beer! Lol

My son had a blast last night, I let him stay up for the whole thing! He saw the undertaker in one of the commercial breaks and he asked me "who's that wrestler that looks like Kylo" LMAO! Cause taker has the high pants!!!
Edited by MymeeN64, Jan 31 2018, 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
This was the first I've ever watched live with a group of people. I'm glad the result wasn't super disappointing. It was the first Royal Rumble since 2011 when Alberto Del Rio won to have a winner that wasn't already previous world champion and a top guy. The past 5 winner's include John Cena, Batista, Triple H, and Randy Orton who are past their primes, and Roman Reigns who doesn't need the Royal Rumble to have a Wrestlemania main event, he can just get one anyway. Plus the women's rumble was just as okay as the men's match quality wise, so that's good.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Just a fun tidbit, from 97-2001 I was a flat out pro wrestling junkie. I taped and watched everything including ppvs, & went to a couple of live shows. I wanted to be in the business for a while. I quit watching when WcW sold out and I graduated right after and moved and no longer had cable.

My favorite wrestler was Sting (How I got my name). I also liked Bret the Hitman Hart (my psn id is hitman9142), Rey Mysterio, Goldberg, Saturn, DDP, Chris Benoit, & Booker T

Anyhow, Glen Jacobs aka Kane will likely be the next Mayor of Knoxville Tennessee. Seems a great guy, and has done a lot for our town. I hope he wins.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Excited to hear that Daniel Bryan is finally cleared for an in-ring return. I was hoping the WWE wouldn't let Daniel get away later this year to wrestle elsewhere.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I hope he is actually finally okay, I'm always concerned that this news came out at the perfect financial time. After what happened on Smackdown I wonder if it's going to turn into a Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens Vs Shane and Daniel Bryan thing at Wrestlemania.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
YES! YES! YES!

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
The kids and I just watched a Hell in a cell 6-man match when crowd favorite Daniel Bryant (with his shoulder heavily bandaged) was cheated out of victory by non-match participant Cain, acting as "Director of Operations". Randy Orton, then heavyweight champ, "won" the match. John Cena also got robbed as the Wyatt clan entered the ring and beat up on him and helped get him eliminated.

I don't know when this was (it was on YouTube), but it was highly entertaining!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
And that right there is a testament to the crazy shenanigans that is on display in professional wrestling at any given time. Glad to hear you guys liked it, BDR.

And while I love the late 90s - early 00s Attitude Era days, if it wasn't for the change to something a little more family friendly in the later 00s, there is no way you'd be able to sit down and watch any WWE programming with your kids these days so I have to hand it to WWE for adapting to the digital age where younger audiences are able to access content from any internet able devices.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: