Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game; And post PICS of what you buy :D
Topic Started: Jul 4 2006, 04:30 PM (136,879 Views)
Kamikaze
It's fairly easy to repair those guide books. Use some glue stick to glue the spine of the loose pages and firmly press the outer cover/ spine in place for a few minutes. It'll dry with almost no residue and holds very well.
I repaired the samen Majora's Mask guide that way :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Went on a trip with the kids over the weekend and picked these up from the local CEX there, couple of quid although found THPS4 didn't have the manual :nope:

Posted Image
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
@Kamikaze - Would a glue stick really work? I was going to take it one step beyond and use super glue to put it together like I did to my Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition manual so many years ago (2011-2012). Which one do you think would be better when it comes to repairing a strat guide? And thanks for the advice either way.
Posted Image

Kamikaze
EnvyFox
Feb 26 2018, 01:32 PM
@Kamikaze - Would a glue stick really work? I was going to take it one step beyond and use super glue to put it together like I did to my Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition manual so many years ago (2011-2012). Which one do you think would be better when it comes to repairing a strat guide? And thanks for the advice either way.

I used a glue stick from a premium brand. It works fine and residue can be easily removed as it consists of those white balls of glue instead of fluid glue. Therefor it leaves almost no residue and can be dosed more easy.
But, it needs some good pressing together when you put everything together, and it might not work the first time. But once it's set, it's perfect. But super glue will hold tighter if you plan on using it. I glued mine to more or less just display it.

I prefer glue stick, but if it fails, super glue can be a good plan B. The other way around is a lot harder
Edited by Kamikaze, Feb 27 2018, 01:47 PM.

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Posted Image

I know this is a really short post but that's because I just finished typing out a longer post describing how I found each item and what I think of them only for the page to refresh before I could hit the post button, so... yeah.

Prices:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I really should do this more often as I get my games but I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age. :lol:

Anyway, here are all my gaming pickups since my last post:

Got this a day early. The box on the right is a Vinyl and CD soundtrack set. :yeah:
Posted Image

The Legend of Zelda (one of my favorite game series ever) plus Uno (one of my favorite card games ever)? No brainer, especially at around $6. Exclusive to GameStop. Got mine from their website.
Posted Image

Sad to say but these first 3 games might end up being disappointing. I got Dissidia NT because Amazon had a nice sale on the steelbook otherwise this isn't my type of game. I think we all know the issue with MG Survive but I'm willing to give it a go. Past Cure has been getting poor reviews but I thought it looked interesting so I pre-ordered it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And last but not least, I put together the entire Deception game series. I really enjoyed the original game back in the 90s but never played any future iterations.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by The Red Shadow, Mar 5 2018, 03:59 PM.

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Yes, the Super NT is nice and flashy, but the real star there is the Dreamcast game, The Lost Golem. Less than 500 copies were sold, it was a retail release BITD.

Cabanon
Elite
The White Falcon
Mar 5 2018, 08:27 PM
Posted Image

Yes, the Super NT is nice and flashy, but the real star there is the Dreamcast game, The Lost Golem. Less than 500 copies were sold, it was a retail release BITD.
http://www.lostgolem.com/

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Brought Abe Odyssey New 'N' tasty on PSN this morning. Currently on sale and can be played on the Vita, looking forward to trying it out as I loved the original.

Edit,
Couldn't resist picking this up on the switch as well as the Wii U.

Posted Image
Edited by buddy1983, Mar 9 2018, 09:18 AM.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I didn't actually buy but yesterday I got Bloodborne for free because I'm a PlayStation Plus subscriber. It's the free giveaway game for March on the PS4.

While Bloodborne didn't cost me anything I did have to remove some stuff off my 500 GB hard-drive to clear up space for it. Alltogether the game weighed in at just over 50 GB.

Since I'm famously bad at single-player games, I figure Bloodborne will hold me over until I'm too old to play video games any longer. I never did completely finish From Software's previous PS1 game King's Field II so odds are I'll never see the end of Bloodborne either. :lol:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Gotta love clearance sales on last-gen games! The combined cost of everything in this picture was less than S$40 (~30USD)!

Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
picked these 2 up at the weekend, Paid a couple of quid and NFS is in perfect conidtion.

Posted Image
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
finally received the missing puzzle in my Guitar Hero DS collection.

Guitar Hero: On Tour (-EUR) from Germany.

Euroflash29
Member Avatar
Established Member
Bought:

Fallout 2 (Steam)
Posted Image Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
It's been WAY long overdue, nearing half a year since I last posted in this thread, but here's everything I've amassed since...
...and basically all of this (with ONE exception*) was either already purchased or pre-ordered before my recent water heater situation so... it might be another year or so before I post here again. >_<

And thanks Limited Run Games - for forcing me to seriously re-evaluate my life/purchases, re-think my priorities:
Posted Image

REALLY need re-think my priorities...
Posted Image

... and then there's everything else:
Posted Image

* The "one exception": TLoZ: BotW was purchased last week brand new for less than $12, thanks to a Best Buy price error. :w00t:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Rayman Legends, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Well March is over and, at the end of it, this is what I've added to the good ol' collection (outsidr of the stuff I posted on March 5th and some controllers that I've already packed up).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yes I know there's a movie in that first pic. :lol: The stuff in the first pic were bought at one place at one time. Whatt started as just buying Mario Kart Wii for an incredible deal turned into adding two games and an EXTREME (heheheh) movie to it for an absolute steal. All three games are a blast to play (I can't believe I've been missing out on what the Yakuza series had to offer this whole time) and getting them for as cheap as I did makes it all the more sweeter.

As for pic #2, Digimon World: Next Order was bought at a GameStop and is currently being played through. Absolutely love it so far. Namco Museum Remix was bought at a thrift store I found recently. Great collection of classics and re-imagined classics though I am now looking for the Megamix that adds even more games to the package. Finally, outside of Wario Land 4 (which was bought at my favorite pawn shop) all of the GBA games and Metroid II were bought at a nearby bookshop that I just recently found out about despite living in this area for years. Unfortunately, all of their games are priced accordingly but these were cheap enough for me to still buy.

Prices:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by EnvyFox, Apr 3 2018, 01:11 PM.
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Brought this from LImited Run Games, loving my Vita at the moment.

Posted Image
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@floorcat: Huge fan of SkyForce Reloaded. Enjoy Anniversary!

@EnvyFox: Holy classics overload. Metroid II in there as well!

@buddy, @Floorcat: You guys make me want to get on the Limited Run Games train . . . though I know it can be a tough ride!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
This was my first ever Limited Run games purchased and pretty happy with it, maybe one day I'll even get around to playing it :D

Couple of purchases, brought the xbox games for about 0.80p each which is pretty good as Voodoo Vince goes for around 10.00.

Also picked up RE4 which will be my next game to play
Posted Image

Posted Image
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Several pictures this time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those were all from eBay, almost all sent the slowest way possible so it took a while to get them. :lol:

Then I hit a GameStop out of town this weekend and cleaned out a lot of their Vita section:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And, I happened to check the clearance section at the local Walmart when I was there, and got lucky:

Posted Image

Not a huge discount from MSRP, but it's OoS most places and going for $70+ online. My original Switch copy was cart-only so I'd wanted a CIB copy eventually.

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Posted Image

GameStop had a sale online this weekend. I think Kirby will be my first N64 game I finish this year.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Time for a recent pickups picture dump. Note that these are just my PS4 and PS3 pickups. Plenty of stuff for other systems to show soon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really didn't expect to find a physical release of Undertale ever, but especially not through Fangamer. Still, cool to have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Limited Run Games stuff:

Posted Image

Okay, I'm posting the next two pictures with a question. Do you see something funny here? The bottom left game is a blind box that I haven't opened yet.

Posted Image

These are the cards that are sent with LR games. EDIT: Seems I was mistaken in believing that LRG sent me the card for the game in my blind box which would have ruined the surprise. Nevermind. :yeah:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why Ubisoft, why? Why didn't you release a physical Rogue Remastered in North America? Especially when Play-Asia.com had a listing for it that I was able to "pre-order" until I found out by other means that it didn't exist. I don't mind buying an import as they are not region locked but still, it's killing my OCD to have all the other Assassin Creed games for PS4 in their NTSC variation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I already showed Nights of Azure 2 in my last post but it snuck it's way in again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS3 games:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had to get Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for PS3 since they decided not to release it on PS4 aside from digitally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The Red Shadow, Apr 19 2018, 05:48 PM.

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Pickup Nintendo Labo today and excited do it. First going to be starting the Variety Kit and start with the RC Car (known as Bug Car) then going to do Fishing rod.

Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
All right, here comes the last of my big pickup picture dumps, starting with 3DS and DS games:

I love that the Shinobi comes with a random Luigi stylus and the Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash contains only my 4th ever amiibo.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately, my copy of Metroid Prime Pinball does not come with the Rumble Pak but I'm going to get one someday just to make it "complete."
Posted Image
Second batch of pictures, this time for GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Xbox 360...and even a N64 cart!? Shocking, I know. 8)

Super Mario Maker is the last BIG title I wanted to get for Wii U. Anything else I pick up, such as Ninja Gaiden 3, will be because it's cheap or flew under my radar.
Posted Image

Posted Image

That cheap, knockoff Wii U Pro Controller I picked up for $15. You can definitely tell this isn't Nintendo official. I haven't even hooked up the Wii U so I can't report back on the quality, or lack thereof, of this controller but all in due time.
Posted Image

Trying to get all of the Far Cry games for console. I think I might have them all now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last, but not least, this naked cart right here:
Posted Image
Next up, PS1 and Dreamcast:

Posted Image

I got on a big kick of extreme sports games, some that I loved and some that I've never tried before.
Posted Image

Yes, got me some more Xena gaming goodness (I also got a Xena t-shirt). Also, the bottom two are both Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 but the one on the left is the game, case and manual without the back cover insert (this was not clarified in the listing but it also wasn't advertised as complete) and the one on the right is simply another case with only the back cover insert. They weren't from the same seller so I'm hoping it wasn't an elaborate attempt to make two sales off one item. Wasn't that expensive between the two anyway and I can make a complete copy plus a nice, shiny new jewel case for another game that is dinged up.
Posted Image

Two new Dreamcast games, and when I say new I mean these were made long after the fact. 4X4 Jam is a game that came to mobile and eventually to the PSP before JoshProds ported it to the Dreamcast. Pretty cool, if you ask me. And Flashback has been around for a long time as it came to the Amiga, Genesis, SNES, Sega CD and more way back in the early 90s. Now it's been ported to the Dreamcast, too.
Posted Image
And lastly, my beloved PS2 plus a few non-game gaming items:

Brand new PS2...bought by me...about 6 or 7 years ago for my daughter. It has essentially never been opened. The seal is broke but I have opened the flap and the controller and cords are still right there on top in their original baggies. I offered to buy it back from my daughter and ex-wife as they've never used it. Since my daughter also has a Wii and a PS4 (which, like the PS2, they never have opened or used), I decided the PS2 needed to come back and be used and cared for as only I can.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Always love getting a new demo disc.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had nothing but problems with these three games. The one on the left was held by the Postal Service as shipping due on delivery because the guy who sent it used a Priority Mail envelope with blue tape that he used to try to cover up all the official markings. He also said he'd refund me the shipping charge but never did. The other two games are inside those really thin DVD cases, not the original PS2 cases. One is missing the manual. Had no idea that's how they would arrive when I ordered them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not sure how I missed showing this off when I showed off the game but, as I tend to do, I grabbed up the cool hardcover edition strategy guide for the newest Far Cry game.
Posted Image

Saw these lights on a YouTuber's pickups video and fell in love. Tracked them down at GameStop, just like the item to follow.
Posted Image

Another cool Zelda-themed game to go with my TLoZ Uno set. I think there is a Zelda-themed Monopoly game I need to get, too.
Posted Image
One last thing. I did finally open this blind box from Limited Run Games to see what they sent me and I'm happy to say that it wasn't a game I already bought from them AND it is something I think I'd enjoy. Not really sure why I missed this one in the first place as I do remember it being advertised and going on sale.

Posted Image
Edited by The Red Shadow, Apr 24 2018, 05:12 PM.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
New edition, looking forward to this one

Posted Image

Posted Image
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
So. I'm weak.
Though lot of the games in this post were pre-ordered before I resolved to seriously curb my spending, there's a small handful that I did pick up recently (i.e. impulsively).

Some CEs + guidebook, all (I think?) were pre-ordered a while ago:

Posted Image

LRG - this will (hopefully!) be the last "big" batch from LRG... only the Bit.TRIP & Oddworld PAX variants were purchased recently:

Posted Image

And the rest... (with exception of Yakuza 6) all of which were recent purchases:

Posted Image

The PS4 DS4 charger was on sale for less than $12... and though it's very obviously a cheap generic Chinese product, I must say I'm extremely happy with it! Nothing exceptionally special, but fully functional, and it charges the controllers from the bottom/base of the controller instead of the micro USB on the front, which feels like it's much easier to dock, and also preserves the micro USB connection. (Having broken a few electronics bc of fragile micro USB ports, this is a pretty big plus for me!)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Rayman Legends, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Traded in a lot of older stuff I didn't want anymore for these four:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was from the second order period they had a few weeks ago to sell off the excess stock:

Posted Image

and these were from a B2G1 sale this weekend.

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Found this on a Facebook selling site, thought it was around 12 inches tall :w00t: Kids for scale (cost 2.00)

Posted Image
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
She's holding Diddy's hand and the other's rockin a tutu!! Adorable and priceless!!!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Those kids don't "monkey" around, do they? Aww, dad jokes... :yeah:

Today's arrival:

Had this pre-ordered for awhile, kind of forgot it was incoming: