Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What consoles are plugged in? And what games are in them?
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 10:17 AM (1,580 Views)
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Apr 28 2013, 10:31 AM
I tend to keep my games on the shelf unless Im actually playing them.
A little bit of OCD peaking through? :lol:

Actually, it's not good to leave a game in the Wii as it has been rumored to cause the drive to start to squeal. I had to fix my neighbor's Wii that was suffering from this affliction and he admitted that his kids leave a game in the system all the time.

I don't believe cartridge based systems suffer any ill effects from leaving a game in them, though. In fact, I suspect its probably a good thing as it keeps moisture in the air from getting to the metal contacts.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Member Avatar
N64 - RGB - 64 Drive
Gamecube - RGB - nothing in the drive though
Wii - Component - 250GB HDD
Xbox 360 - HDMI - 1TB HDD

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
All of my consoles are hooked up to my 32 inch DLP (I believe, but not completely sure) rear projection JVC TV. (the path will be in parentheses)

Atari 2600: (coaxial>rf converter>coaxial>tv) Space Invaders.

Nintendo 64: (rca>tv) Rush

Wii: (rca>rf converter>coaxial) SoulCalibur 2

Wow, I need to get some more consoles.
Current N64 focus: NTSC-U carts. Current count: 108/296 (36.5%), 4 NTSC-J.

Non-N64 Items:
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
I tend to emulate most of my game collection on a 1042x768 CRT monitor for playing games, as I prefer the simplicity of simply being able to choose what title I want to play from a list, this also keeps my original copies in good condition as they are mostly unused after the initial ripping process

My actual consoles are connected up to my LCD TV, In this set up I have
Xbox 360 - No game in it due to not using the console for games
PS3 - Currently Mercenaries 2 is in the console, however, the vast majority of my PS3 collection are digital titles obtained through PlayStation Plus, so the disc drive tends to typically be unused
N64 - No game currently in, due to space (cartridge makes it not fit in my set up, so to combat this I remove the system from its normal location when played
Dreamcast - Currently has a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 in it
GameCube: Typically unused due to Emulation, however it has a copy of Pokémon Channel in at the moment
PS2 - Has Tony Hawk Underground 2 in.
Xbox 360 2 - Has a copy of Halo 4 in at the moment, only used very rarely
Posted Image
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: