Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Xbox One Topic
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 12:13 PM (6,984 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Well now its been annouced, figured I'd start a topic

Complete failure IMO, Shares for Sony are shooting up...
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Grizzmeister
Oct 27 2014, 02:36 PM
In my very humble opinion, the death knell may be starting to ring for the ill conceived Xbox One.
I find that very hard to believe mate. They'll be absolutely fine. I'm sure there are plenty of people (myself included) that have the Xbox One firmly in there sights as a future purchase :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
DeeMoney
Oct 27 2014, 05:14 PM
Grizzmeister
Oct 27 2014, 02:36 PM
In my very humble opinion, the death knell may be starting to ring for the ill conceived Xbox One.
I find that very hard to believe mate. They'll be absolutely fine. I'm sure there are plenty of people (myself included) that have the Xbox One firmly in there sights as a future purchase :D
If you start joining our Mario Kart 8 races on Friday nights it'll make you forget all about picking up an Xbox One. ;)

Who knows what'll eventually happen but there's undoubtedly trouble in Microsoftland if they're lowering the price of the XB1 just before the official start of the holiday shopping season here in the States.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Smart move by MS, the best thing to do will be try to get as many consoles in homes before the holiday season, therefore increasing holiday purchases by people purchasing the system their friends already own.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
yeah it's likely just a marketing moves. as it's just a 2 months price cut, or not.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I suspect that Halo: The Master Chief Collection hasn't sparked the kind of excitement that Microsoft had hoped for. My friend at Gamestop tells me that the new Call of Duty game and Super Smash Bros. Wii U are both doing much better with respect to presales.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
@Grizz, unless my Wii U decides to let me play online then unfortunately that won't be happening. I really don't know what's going on with it. Just can never find a game in any region. Tried when it came out but to no avail, only a couple of games before it never let me play online again ;_;
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
That's terrible! Have you tried it recently? Big N patched the thing a bunch of times to make MK8 online less dodgy (and it worked AFAIK). One more try?
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
DeeMoney
Oct 27 2014, 07:31 PM
@Grizz, unless my Wii U decides to let me play online then unfortunately that won't be happening. I really don't know what's going on with it. Just can never find a game in any region. Tried when it came out but to no avail, only a couple of games before it never let me play online again ;_;
Sounds like an issue with your wireless router. Have you checked your firewall settings?

Maybe fellow countryman Boomdiers can help you get everything set up if the issue turns out to be related to your ISP.

Back on topic: The Xbox One may be a good console but here in the U.S. many gamers are choosing to go with the PS4 instead. Sony's console is more powerful so it's the better choice for discriminating gamers. Nintendo realizes this and that's why they're relying on the strength of their first-party titles to carry them through this holidays.

Somebody forgot to tell Microsoft that Master Chief and Halo are played out and that the Halo franchise doesn't have the power to make people run out and buy a XB1. Most FPS fans have pretty much moved on to the COD games and even they seem pretty stale now.

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Quote:

Somebody forgot to tell Microsoft that Master Chief and Halo are played out and that the Halo franchise doesn't have the power to make people run out and buy a XB1

It was enough to make me buy the X1 over the PS4. I havent regretted my decision to by the X1 over the PS4 yet although I do plan to buy the PS4 at some point.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My apologies, buddy1983. My intention was not to offend but to discuss the Xbox One's price drop with respect to its implications on the broader video game market.

I played the heck out of Halo 2 back in the day and still consider it a landmark game. I bought my Xbox 360 primarily to play Halo 3, however, I didn't care much for Halo 4 and its attempt to become more like the newer Call of Duty titles. If I want to play COD I'll buy COD.

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
:D no offence taken. Just saying that halo does still have draw, probably not what it did have though. Halo 4 was the weakest in the series in my opinion and I cant wait to play Halo 2 in HD.

By the way the title i'm mainly buying a PS4 for is Uncharted.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
343I is giving away Halo ODST away for free to all Halo MCC players who played between release and 19/12. They're are releasing it as a download in 1080P 60FPS, nice touch.

LINK
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Xbox One X Unboxing and Hands On!

Anybody here getting one?

Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Not at launch but eventually. The benefits for 360 and original Xbox games were the final thing that sold me.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'm wondering if the release of the Xbox One X will drive down the price of used S models? :huh:

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'll probably buy one in the end but no plans as of yet.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Here's a review of the just released Xbox One X.

Seems like a very slick console but since I don't own a 4k TV I'll just keep playing on what I've already got. With a PS4, Wii U, Raspberry Pi and original Wii all connected I obviously have a HUGE backlog of games to work through before I pick up another console. :lol:

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Xbox One · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: