Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Xbox One Topic
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 12:13 PM (7,531 Views)
Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
Quote:

I never buy consoles at launch anymore. I learned my lesson with the PS2 that while even though it was a great console, didn't have any really compelling software until Gran Turismo 3 came out.

I've only ever bought a console because it already had games for it that I wanted, I've never understand why people will buy a console just because it's new and will (hopefully) soon have games on it that the buyer wants.

Quote:

Microsoft is a train wreck right now. Windows 8 is a disaster and the Xbox One looks like a rudderless ship.

Yep. It's amazing how badly Microsoft seem to be misjudging what people want.

Quote:

MS should have just stuck to their guns becuase now they look like they dont know where their going as Grizz said.

Agreed. I personally find the XBox One more attractive without the Kinnect, though as yet it doesn't have any games I want (same with the PS4), but I think Microsoft would have been much wiser in the long term to have kept the Kinnect in the XBox One, as now it looks like they are admitting that they don't know what's best for the console and it's users, whereas if they'd kept in it, then when future games started making good use of it then to some people (those who do like the Kinnect) it would look like Microsoft had known all along what they were doing.

Though of course I think Microsoft would have been much wiser in the first place to have not included the Kinnect i the XBox One at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
Quote:

"People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short-term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360,"

That's ridiculous, everyone I know with a PS3 loves it, as does everyone with a 360. Yes, it could be argued (and rightly so) that "If person a wasn't happy with console b that they'd get rid of it, so of course people are happy with the consoles they still have", but that still doesn't indicate that the 360 garners more satisfaction than the PS3 overall.

I have both a 360 and a PS3, and I think they're both great pieces of hardware, with lots of good features, and (most importantly) a great range of games. Of course, this generation has a greater percentage of cross platform games than any earlier game generation (PSX vs N64, PS2 vs original XBox, SNES vs. Megadrive, etc) as far as I know, so there's less need to own more than one console from the PS3/XBox 360 generation, but still, both the PS3 and 360 have some great exclusives of their own.

I know I'll never get rid of either (or both) my PS3 or XBox 360. Especially since the PS4 and XBox One (stupid name, the original XBox (another brilliant machine) is the 'XBox 1') both lack backwards compatibility.
Edited by Kerr Avon, Jun 3 2014, 05:38 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Xbox One · Next Topic »
Add Reply