Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Xbox One Topic
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 12:13 PM (7,234 Views)
DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I've awoken today to find this topic. I havn't watched the broadcast yet and to tell you the truth I'm a bit worried about watching it as I don't see much favorable information coming from what you guys have seen from it.

Being an Xbox owner since it's inception I'm a little concerned that Microsoft hasn't come to the table with something better. This is not good, I may be switching sides here if I don't like what I see.

A used game fee?? You must be kidding me!! :nope:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Lets hope this doesn't happen. That's an absolute killer for me.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
That second quote is disappointing. I've not read anything that has impressed me thus far.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Kinect I can do with out. Have never been a fan of it. I want to control things with the controller, not wave my hands around in the air or give commands so I can get there. I know that this option seems to make things easier, but IMO some things need to stay the same.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
But I've already got a TV :wacko:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Valoo
May 21 2013, 11:39 PM
We don't even get wired controllers anymore.

No cords = :yeah:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
10 Reserves, that makes no sense at all. Surely there is going to be more than 10 people wanting it on opening day from that store.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Mk II
Jun 11 2013, 02:43 AM
I've said it before: Microsoft will find it hard to convince non-fanboys to buy this console, in particular here in Europe where the whole TV integration thing probably won't work.
It's very true mate. I've owned Xbox's since the beginning and I'm afraid this Xboxer is jumping ship. So many areas that PS4 has it covered. I was thinking about the TV integration thing as well and thought that this is really only good if you live in the US. Heck we can't even get Netflix here in Australia.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
What a bunch of fools Microsoft have become. I literally do not know anyone who is thinking about buying an Xbox One.

With an attitude like that it's no wonder Xbox gamers are turning and moving towards the PS4 which seem to understand what the consumer wants. This IMO is the best way to sell consoles and to make money. Im a bit annoyed with Xbox, all these years spent with an Xbox and this is how they treat me. Disgusting!!! :nope:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
That sux if that happens. Hopefully parents will do some research on the consoles before they make a decision to buy one or the other. Microsoft has made some major bungles with this next Xbox, I really hope that there stupidity doesn't affect people when they buy the console unawares of what the requirements are. I'm honestly hoping that Microsoft will revise some of there policies so that they don't don't get left behind in this generation. Healthy competition between PS & MS is always good. The more competition the better the products in the long run.

Microsoft have missed the mark big time with there new console. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in Microsoft's offices right now, watching them trying to sort out what they are going to do. :w00t:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
That's good news for Microsoft. You have to applaud there efforts for listening to what the gamers wanted and changing there policies. I think I'll still be getting a PS4, but I'm now more interested in getting an X1 down the line so the exclusives can be played.

It's a pity they decided to go all dictatorial on us all and force there ridiculous policies down our throats with a this is too bad attitude. The Day 1 launch console will be the selling point and people will go crazy to get one with it on it.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
The Red Shadow
Jun 19 2013, 05:22 PM
Soon they shall announce a name change for the console: Xbox One Eighty. 8)
Your a funny guy Red. Sounds like a nice dad joke!! :)

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Pre order price here in Aus is $599. Above and beyond what MS said would be the price of the console. I love my country but sometimes living here can be tough with all the ridiculous pricing of things!! :angry:
Edited by DeeMoney, Jun 21 2013, 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
And it continues. Now Xbox One is stating that it doesn't require Kinect to function now. These guys have lost the plot. The console they revealed is no longer the console they are shipping in November. They nearly have to do a whole new release show just so they can show off there new console. MS have certainly lost the plot, but at least there listening to the customers now instead of trying to bring in things that people didn't want.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/12/xbox-one-no-longer-requires-kinect-to-function

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Yeah I literally don't know anyone who's buying an Xbox One. Maybe some people here are and that's totally fine, but in my circle (which is small haha) I don't know anyone who's buying it. There are more people buying a PS4.

But this next Gen is kinda funny. Both companies have come out and said that they will be supporting this Gen consoles for the next couple of years. So you'll pretty much be able to still enjoy new games on your current Gen console without diving into a new one at the end of the year.

I'm going to buy an Xbox One eventually to play some of there exclusives, but this isn't going to be until a couple of years down the line :D

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
From some of the stories I've been reading, that seems to be the general consensus. :D

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
And the campaign for sales has begun. Xbox will now bundle a game with all Xbox One consoles in Europe. They've even said that it's an attempt to try and get people to buy there console over the PS4. Dreaming lol

http://au.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-to-give-away-free-game-with-xbox-one-consoles-report-6413163

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I agree Buddy. You should be quite happy with what One is going to offer. With all of there revisions, there back into having a decent console to release later this year. Some good exclusives too, I've always said I'd get one, but would probably wait a year or two before picking one up :yeah:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Not the sharpest tools in the shed hey? I've pondered this myself, It's a bit silly that they would do this. They should have just gone with Xbox 3, that they could have sold without the impending crisis that will be in front of them when this thing is released.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
How is this possible Matt?? Is there a story behind why your getting to have a play with it before launch??

I'd be keen to read some impressions of the system mate. :yeah:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Nice Matt, thanks for sharing your impressions. From what you have just said, it seems that there isn't really anything that is super impressive and life changing. I guess we'll have to see what the finished product is going to be like.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I can see how this would be quite annoying. They really need to extend the bumper on the top. I've got long fingers so this is going to be an issue.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Looks like there is an auction on Ebay for a Xbox One in white. Currently sitting at over $4000. Anyone here going to have a bid??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-White-Exclusive-Launch-Team-Commemorative-Special-Edition-/141108113747?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Heck no mate. :D

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
wow, would be a nice addition to any collection. The price is crazy though :blink: But it looks so beautiful :wub:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I highly doubt it mate. It would be worth a small fortune if that was the case.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I doubt we'll see a price drop here in Australia. Retailers here are thieves, just taking money from people.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Wow, that's some crazy news mate. It would be a shame if Xbox didn't continue.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
^^^ That pretty much sums it up mate. It's not really anything special and they don't need to spend money on cases, discs or inserts. I don't really have that feeling that I need to play Titanfall anyway. It really hasn't blow me away in any capacity. It's coming out on the 360 anyway, so if I like it, the 360 has me covered with a cheaper version.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I for one am glad with this bit of news. IMO the kinect is just another gimmick. I really don't want that type of technology. If they drop the price right down I might consider buying one. But I'm prob in the same boat as floorcat here. Not going to happen for a couple of years.

Def a positive canning the kinect. They should have done that to start with.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Xbox One · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: