Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Xbox One Topic
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 12:13 PM (7,246 Views)
Norcal
Member Avatar

I don't think we'd see them completely scrap the Xbox - They're still doing pretty good as far as sales, just not as good as the Ps4. I think if they were going to drop the Xbox they'd do it next gen though, not the Xbox One.

The Red Shadow
Feb 24 2014, 09:16 PM
Xbox One's Price Drops After Three Months

Thoughts? Its only dropping in the UK at the moment but could a more widespread price drop be imminent?
Well the dropped price in the UK is still the equivalent to $664 in the US, well above the retail price here. If anything we'd probably keep seeing those game-console bundles or gift card incentives from retailers rather than an actual price cut in the console itself. I still don't know why Microsoft hasn't just released a kinect-less Xbox One though, it could at least match the Ps4's price with that. The kinect is cool and all, but I don't think most gamers even care about it and it doesn't exactly serve a purpose in the vast majority of games.
Edited by Norcal, Feb 24 2014, 11:40 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Norcal
Member Avatar

Quote:

If Nintendo were savvy then it would benefit them to buy the Xbox brand. Not for the Xbox One, that thing's a moneypit that only the cash-bag company Microsoft can support; Nintendo would scrap that system.

What they would gain are all of the Microsoft-owned IPs. Imagine if Nintendo had the likes of Halo, Forza, Gears of War, Fable, and others on top of their own stable of franchises. That would really help them battle it out in the North America market against Sony. Not only that, but they would gain the Xbox Live infrastructure and finally have a competent online system. If they then made it free, it would trounce all over Sony. Plus then they would get Rare's IPs back and maybe do something good with them for once.

They should stick with the Wii U for a few more years, so all this would go towards its successor. But in the meantime, the studios they gained from Microsoft could be readying games for the successor's launch. A launch with Halo, Forza, Mario, and Wii Sports would cover all the bases, and be one for the record books.

Too bad Nintendo are too conservative and xenophobic to make a move like this...

Yeah that's very true.

And even without doing that, i've always wondered why they don't just make a competitive gaming machine (when it comes to hardware) in addition to their wii line. The gamecube was pretty good at holding its own vs the other mainstream consoles at the time. I feel like they're missing so many opportunities by not doing it. Imagine a Nintendo console with the equivalent power of a Ps4, great controller, and the nintendo exclusives we all love. I'd pick that over the PS\XB any day.
Edited by Norcal, Feb 27 2014, 11:48 AM.
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

jmacbear25
Mar 9 2014, 11:33 AM
So I've really been debating lately as to whether or not I want to buy this console and it seems as if overall feedback is rather negative..Titanfall is so enticing tho
Most of the negative feedback is overblown to be honest, I wouldn't base your decision on that. I'd decide based on the types of exclusives you'd prefer to play.
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

I understand your position Buddy - I can't say I'm surprised or blame MS for it though. I think the $100 price increase over the Ps4 was really keeping the XB1 from being as competitive as it could be. I own an XB1 w\ Kinect, and while it's cool, there are a lot of people who simply don't want it and aren't interested in using it so forcing them to pay $100 more than a ps4 could be a dealbreaker.

And hey, at least they're listening to feedback - they went from literally not allowing the Kinect to be unplugged to this. Hopefully this makes things more competitive.
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

Vinyl
Jul 28 2014, 07:19 AM
Its pretty sweet!! but so far Xbox only released special editions which are not even for sell, (shame)
they had like 25+- different xbox system you could win at comic-con and they are all one-of-a-kind..
I'm really hoping they release some sort of white one. Maybe a star wars battlefront special edition? All I know is the white employee console was really sexy :P
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Xbox One · Next Topic »
Add Reply