Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Xbox One Topic
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 12:13 PM (7,247 Views)
Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Well I was fence and watched both consoles unveiling and they really both have left me feeling a bit meh. I find the name "One" disappointing and really have to ask if Microsoft want me as user. Over 30 mins of stuff I was not interested in before they even discussed games and lots of stuff that will take years if ever to get to Europe. I do not watch much TV and have little interest in sports. They did not answer many questions during the show that needed to be answered only to drip feed it through the press after which I find is a sneaky way to disguise some shocking features. Anyway I am trying not to be dis heartened because E3 is not far away and I hope we shall see the games then but it is clear that they want the all in "One" home entertainment device and that's cool if you want that but so far its not for me and lack of focus on games is heart breaking having been with the Xbox since day one.

There was some positives I took away though, the pad looks great and I like the triggers, then the new Remedy game Quantum Break which really grabbed my interest and I am a big fan of Alan Wake and it's story telling. The new Forza looks good but really want to see more. Still when I look at the big picture so far I will not be buying one.

+ Pad
+ Forza
+ Quantum Break

- Mandatory game instillation
- Charge for pre-owned games
- Online activation for software
- Trending tab on dashboard( wow a whole tab for advertising)
- No backwards compatibility
- Kinect mandatory

Wow what will the next gen next gen be like, I like my soul...

Edited by Vekoma64, May 21 2013, 02:31 PM.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I wonder with all the features that Microsoft say they can run all at once and quickly what impact this will have on the amount of RAM that can be used for games. In many ways it is like a simplified PC and this concerned me with the PS4 features too, although so far Microsoft seem to be taking all these social and media bumph to the next level and this might use a lot of system resources. Can not wait till next spring when the dust has settled and we can see all these ideas in action and how it works because lots gets said but features do not always make it.
Edited by Vekoma64, May 21 2013, 03:20 PM.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I think that this was Microsofts best E3 in a long time but I only really want to play Killer Instinct and it was great to see it back and all sexy too. I would not buy a console yet though with this type of DRM and 24 hour online connectivity.

I hate the Kinect integration and Smart Glass projects but loved Project Spark idea. I think the price is very expensive and I wonder how well it will do. I hope it when it goes live and uninformed public buy it up and then find out the rules have changed and cause real PR issues as I fear this is the only way change will happen and then I could enjoy KI.
:-X
Edited by Vekoma64, Jun 10 2013, 01:13 PM.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Like the Toilet episode of South Park...

I am glad the Microsoft have reversed some of there policies and my mate is real Xbox fan and he moved over when the Dreamcast was taken from him. The love started there and he is getting one regardless of restrictions and Kinect. So I look forward to having a go at launch on his. Still I i will sit and wait it out and see were the cards lay by Xmas 2014.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I had to put my Virgin super hub into modem mode and used my own Netgear router to control everything when my Wii U would not even work when wired into the superhub. I had a whole eveing with my mates ONE. It looks a bit retro in person too but it I kind of like that. The controller is great and the triggers were a nice novelty in Forza. Kinect voice control is still rubbish when others have an accent. The installing is slow and clunky and temperamental.

I played Killer instinct first which I was hyped to play. It made me feel warm fuzzy and jealous. Graphics were nice and the particles were really good. The presentation was great from the music, the d pad was great to use!
made me want it to buy a console but I can resist for now.

BF4 looked nice and next gen but still had some major compromises in certain places.

Forza 5 is bit of disappointment. The lack of content is shocking. It has a great frame rate and nice draw distance. It looked very much like 360 game with some nice effects up rezed to 1080p. The handling also has changed slightly and felt more like GT5.

Crimson Dragon plays great and is good fun. Really hard but a great Japanese game and should not be missed for only 20 on the marketplace.

Due to installing issues Fifa and DR 3 could not be played as they were taking a silly amount of time to install with multiple failures,

Still I had fun and I would not buy one yet but it was fun.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Xbox One · Next Topic »
Add Reply