Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3DS XL Review
Topic Started: Jul 1 2013, 05:13 PM (1,020 Views)
N64freak21
Member Avatar
Today since I have owned my XL for about a week a shall do a review on it.
The system is a vast improvement over the original 3DS and has a much sturdier appearance unlike the original 3DS. The consoles bigger screens make 3D Viewing a pleasure. Another big improvement is the stylus location which many original users complained about. Also Original Nintendo DS games look better on the XL's display. Another feature that the original 3DS Did not have is physical keys for Start, Home and Select Buttons which feels more natural on any device. The A,B,Y and X buttons all have been improved along with the D Pad.
Pros:
Screen Won't Scratch from bump on bottom like the original 3DS would.
Sturdy Appearance
Bigger Screens
Physical Home, Start and Select buttons.
Plays Original DS Games in a better resolution
3D Slider Clicks
Hinge Clicks
3DS Stylus is stored in the side of the System.
Cons:
Bigger Size isn't as convenient for some People.
No telescopic stylus this time around

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Hows the battery life in comparison?

what are the speakers like in comparison?
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

N64freak21
Member Avatar
The battery life is much improved over the original however I haven't really tried out the speakers much :P

Protoboy
Member Avatar
Just fair warning, I'm a pretty careful user and my 3DS XL hinge snapped while opening the unit one day to play a game. Absolutely no warning or excessive wear. I was pretty upset to say the least
:(

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Protoboy
Feb 7 2014, 10:58 PM
Just fair warning, I'm a pretty careful user and my 3DS XL hinge snapped while opening the unit one day to play a game. Absolutely no warning or excessive wear. I was pretty upset to say the least
:(
That sucks, man... Thanks for the warning, I hope you'll find a replacement (or fix) soon!
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

FreoGuy
Established Member
What about the hinge does it stick in like slightly move when is been pushed in place?

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
buddy1983
Jul 2 2013, 08:42 AM
Hows the battery life in comparison?

what are the speakers like in comparison?
The battery's gonna depend on your screen brightness. If you crank it up to 5, it's going to be about the same life as the original 3DS, maybe slightly longer. If you put it on a low setting though, you can get about 30-60 more minutes over the original 3DS. That's for 3DS software, if you play DS games then it'll be about 2 hours more than the original. The extra length isn't enough by itself to warrant an XL, get an extended battery if you want longer life.

The speakers have a lower max volume than the original, and the quality is slightly worse, more tinny. But the quality of the original 3DS speakers is pretty terrible anyway, so if you care about sound then you're already going to be using headphones. When you use headphones, there's no difference.

Quote:

What about the hinge does it stick in like slightly move when is been pushed in place?
The hinge on my system feels solid, and doesn't wobble at all like the original model does. The top section also has a couple little bubbles on it that keep the top screen from directly touching the bottom screen when closed, and so it doesn't suffer from the screen scuff issue of the original model.

FreoGuy
Established Member
SOunds pretty awesome! Might pick up the new Yoshi one, need to start playing more 3ds! Maybe this will encourage me too :)
Edited by FreoGuy, Feb 21 2014, 06:33 PM.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Love my XL :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Spoleyo
3ds XL is nice and the hinges do click, but the screen still wobbles a bit and it bothers me.

« Previous Topic · Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply