Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64Forever Beats 'Em All!; Let's Finish What the 2012-13 N64 Game-Off Started!
Topic Started: Jul 5 2013, 09:43 AM (28,634 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Great update, NLuke99! I guess you are going for 100% completion, which is not necessary, but certainly welcomed!

My Broncos are 13-0 in NFL Blitz, and looking forward to the playoffs. (If this were Super Tecmo Bowl, I'd be sitting all of my starters Weeks 14-17 for fear of those dreaded injuries, but no such worries in Blitz :yeah: ).
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
Finally Unlocked Wario! So Glad! :dance: Right now working on Boo Valley,and Unlocking Harry :)
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

SerMosh
Member Avatar
I'll take Shadows of the Empire! I just started playing it again yesterday.

faultypuppy
Member Avatar
When did this start? because i FINALLY beat re-volt about a week and a half ago. sadly i cant upload pictures due to the lack of my own camera except for a cell phone with no internet access... :(

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Faulty: You are in time. I have asked those without photo capability to give us a short but detailed write-up of the game/final battle as proof of victory. Would you please do that so we can strike Re-Volt from the Hit List? :w00t:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

faultypuppy
Member Avatar
Sure thing! ok well... I started this game back in the game off during the club nintendo year but due to being grounded and school i never got around to finishing it but once summer started i decided to finish it and have proudly beaten every track, tournament, mirror tracks, reversed tracks, and collected all the bronze silver and gold stars!! This is definetly one of the harder racing games on the 64 IMO Also the time trials get ridiculously hard once you hit the platinum level tracks. I also unlocked all the cars from RC Bandit to Panga! And the ones I found the best to use were Col. Moss, Bertha Ballistics, And Panga for the time trials. All in all id give the game a 6/10 :yeah: . OH yeah! it took me about 40-45 hours of gameplay to get 100% completion! oh and my final battle were the time trials on the mirrored ghost 2 track (seriously that track probably took 6 hrs and weeks to beat) followed by collecting the stars on all the platinum tracks.
Edited by faultypuppy, Jul 18 2013, 02:58 PM.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
NFL Blitz has been beaten! Took my about 12 hours on "easy", and enjoyed it alot.
Spoiler: click to toggle

My Broncos when undefeated riding the legs on John Elway. In the Super Bowl, the Bears when ahead with 0:19 left. But 3 John Elway scrambles later, we took the lead for good.

Even on easy, the computer cheats all the time. If you get a defensive stop, your offensive is very likely to turn it over on the next possession. If you give the AI the ball back with little time remaining in the half, brace yourself as it offensive players can barely be tackled. Still boat loads of fun and every game goes down to the wire. I look forward to playing some of the sequels soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Why is that lady showing so much butt skin on a N64 game? :huh:

Not that it bothers me :rollseyes:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Definitely NOT an "E for Everyone" title. The cheerleader appears at halftime in various poses, many of which are a bit revealing. During the game, the announcer comments on the late hits. One of his quips is, "What the hell is wrong with that guy?!?"

Correction: it is rated E :rofl:

Update: I'll claim Blitz 2000. Flutie and the Bills.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jul 19 2013, 05:08 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

milkman
Established Member
Away on work in another country, actually bought a controller with me but no time to play. Halfway through MI willl finish when i get back

SerMosh
Member Avatar
I forgot SOTE had no save points within levels. This has been the cause of many high volume obscenities. Tonight I will be playing the Gall Spaceport for a 3rd time to get another shot at Boba Fett. He will be mine!

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@milkman: Thanks for the update!

@SerMosh: Good luck tonight. ("Boba Fett? Where's Boba Fett?!?)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

PoryPlus
I have only one game that's on the hit list... Can i claim Glover?

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
You got it, Pory. Thanks for joining in.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SerMosh
Member Avatar
I just beat Shadows of the Empire! :) It was harder than I remember. I think I only beat it on Easy as a kid, though, and I set my sights higher this time. I only went for Medium though, I'm not crazy. Also, this was the first game I've beaten on the N64 in 13 years or so, and I guess I was a little rusty.

I had to jump up and get my phone to take some pictures after I realized I had beaten it, so I don't have a pic of the "Congratulations, now try to play it on Hard" screen, but the level select screen on the main menu shows my time for beating the last level:

Posted Image

Also, I got a pic of one of the funnier credits I've seen in a game.

Posted Image

You can see the Daiei Hawks and DK controllers I just bought in that pic too! I need to put up a shelf...

Now that this is done, I think I'll take Shadowgate 64. There aren't many I have that are on the hit list, but my collection is growing!

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Congrats SerMosh on a HUGE victory! We needed that one beat and you took it down, bravo. Look fwd to you taking on Shadowgate.

P.S. is that a Dharma Initiative-issued flatty? Sweet! :D
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jul 29 2013, 10:10 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Good eyes, BDR! I see one on the Xbox 360 as well. :lol:

SerMosh
Member Avatar
Yeah those have been there since my Lost finale party. Namaste! :D

Majora's Mask
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'd like to claim Quake :phear:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Welcome back, Majora! You got it, bud!

NFL Blitz 2000 has been completed. Doug Flutie and the Buffalo Bills won the Super Bowl after finishing the season 15-1. The only loss was an epic 3 overtime loss to the Ravens.

NFL Blitz 2000 has nice tight controls and is exhilerating to play like the original. The games seem to take a bit longer, and playing defense is a little easier. But you still need to manage the clock to get the last possession bc the computer's rubberband AI will NOT let you take more than a 7-point lead. In fact tge ONLY time I went up by more, the game FROZE as the ball sailed through the uprights to make my 7-point lead a 10-point lead. Anyway, fun to play and now I'm torn between keeping on with Blitz or playing Madden to copare the two series. Here's the victory shot:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Next victim: NFL Blitz 2001
Edited by bluedogrulez, Aug 3 2013, 01:16 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SerMosh
Member Avatar
Shadowgate is getting pretty frustrating. I was enjoying it for awhile, but now I'm stuck. I've been wandering around for hours with no idea what to do. I'm generally against using walkthroughs on my first play through, but I've been seriously considering it, just to get me going again. Would that be within the rules?

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Use of walkthroughs is absolutely fine, SerMosh.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
***GIVEAWAY OFFER****
Posted Image
The next member to beat a N64 title for N64Forever Beats 'Em All will receive from me, BDR, a FREE loose copy of Big Mountain 2000 (NTSC). It is a former rental with lots of stickers and markings to prove it, but hey, it's free! It's also a pretty underrated skiing/snowboarding racer in my book.

For this promotion, I'm gonna have to ask for photo proof of completion.

So have at it.

Edited by bluedogrulez, Aug 15 2013, 08:03 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'd like to see someone tackle Wetrix - you need 1billion pts to beat it and get a master rating - and that's just in classic mode. It was done back in the day but it would be some achievement.

Edited by davyK, Aug 15 2013, 03:37 PM.

SerMosh
Member Avatar
I tried to continue Shadowgate last night, but it kept telling me there were no saved games on my controller pak. I don't know how close I was to the end, but I was in the fourth tower.

Replaying all of that again does not sound appealing at the moment, so I'm gonna have to give it a couple months. Anyone else is free to claim it in the meantime.

I would like to switch my claim to Rogue Squadron.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Doh! And that is why I'm no fan of the controller pak. Sorry to hear about that, SerMosh, but good for you jumping back in and taking on Rogue Squadron. Good luck!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

milkman
Established Member
Still going on mission impossible... I thought I finished the level I was on and got caught... then back at the start.

Its a horrible game if you make a mistake. The in-betweens are so terrible... Same level over and over till you get it right.

Anyway. I am over half way through.. will continue tomorrow. Bluedogz has given me encouragement.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm throwing my hands up in frustration over Battle For Naboo. I'm stuck and I'm tired of replaying this one level over and over so I'm abandoning the game and I'm going to try something else. I'll claim Turok 2 and see how that goes. I will vanquish one of these things, darnit! X_D

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Hi all. :)

Might do Hydro Thunder.
Played the game a fair bit in the last couple of.years but never finished it.

After that I will consider body harvest...man that game is hard.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Hi DJ Cat! That would be great if you could knock off Hydro Thunder. Great game, but I've never progressed past the course (China?) where you have the earn a boost at the start to bunny hop the river bank.

I'll mark you down for it. If you beat it, great. If not, no worries.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: