Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64Forever Beats 'Em All!; Let's Finish What the 2012-13 N64 Game-Off Started!
Topic Started: Jul 5 2013, 09:43 AM (30,141 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Well a VERY LONG OVERDUE update with apologies to two of the MOST PRODIGIOUS N64 out there, italia64 and Shellshocker18. Shellshocker18 has been brushing up on his Japanese to takedown numerous Japanese exclusives, raising his beaten total to 21 (and a glorious E3 Gold rank). Meanwhile, italia64 has completed an incredible 59 titles.

Collectively, we are up to 305 games beaten!!! Only 13 more NTSC/PAL titles to go!! Madden, anyone?!?!?
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Good update, but you forgot I beat Brunswick Pro Circuit Bowling on page 25. I placed first in a tournament and did a bunch of research in bowling physics in the process. I'm coming to surpass your score bluedog, though unfortunatly Italia is far beyond my reach at this point.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Sep 19 2017, 01:45 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Here I beat all 16 stages in the story mode for Puyo Puyo~n Party/Puyo Puyo 4. Pain in the :donkey:. I prefer Puyo 3 immensely
Posted Image

Speaking of Puyo Puyo Sun 64, I beat the normal and hard stories. That game has 3, I didn't bother doing the easy tutorial story. But if you go through the entire hard story without using any continues you get one chance at the secret fight against Carbuncle, which I promptly lost because the speed is too fast for my aging mind. Count if if you want or let someone else do it. Puyo Puyo Sun is a really fun game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
FIRST POST UPDATED. Congrats to Shellshocker for tying me at 24 games beaten!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I'll have you beat here in the next week hopefully. I've got a big one coming, Japanese again, I can't bring myself to play madden
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I would like to claim Razor Scooter.... this should be... fun?
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Pimpin Mainer
Nov 24 2017, 12:04 PM
I would like to claim Razor Scooter.... this should be... fun?
I played it for 5 minutes once... Figured I should probably play a Tony Hawk game first so I don't taint my expectations of the genre
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Pimpin, it’s all yours my friend. I wish you well. I think it may be worse than Airboarders, but hopefully you’ll set me straight on that!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'm going to take care of all Madden games soon ;-)
I claim NBA Showtime as I'm playing all the basketball games during these weeks.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Oh god... This game is just bad... I played Freestyle Razor Scooter for a good 30 min... I still don't know how to speed up. I unlocked 1 of the 6 kids, I have to take a break this is not fun. Now for some snowboard kids to ease my mind
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I have played all the N64 football games recently.. Here's Madden 64 beaten.
The graphics were poor compared to its direct rival QBC 98 (which also had the NFL license), however controls, game pace, and AI are better.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Mar 24 2018, 06:47 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Did somebody say Madden?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
So back in November 2017 I promised I had a big Japanese completion coming. That game was Shiren the Wanderer 2, a roguelike RPG mystery dungeon game I spent over 100 hundred hours on and played the entire story and 99% of the post game dungeons. Unfortunately I couldn't beat that game within any reasonable timeframe without using cheat codes so I never claimed it. Same happened with another N64 RPG, Hudson Soft's Robopon 64 (Robot Ponkottsu 64 ~ Caramel of the 7 Seas). So I've been quiet here for a while (also I forgot to claim 2 Japanese golf games I'm pretty sure nobody else has done, I guess we'll deal with that later) but I wanna state my claim on this one.

Nushi Tsuri 64, a Japanese fishing game in the prolific River King series from the same publishing houses as Harvest Moon, though this series predates Harvest Moon by 6 years. Each of the 6 family members has a main fish they are tasked with, and catching it rewards a unique mini cutscene.

Young Boy

Teenage Boy

Teenage Girl

Little Girl

Father

Mother

I wont be overly longwinded here. For N-Cyclopedia 64 purposes I have to use gameshark codes a lot (for experimentation, speeding up the learning process and cutting dozens of hours of some games etc.). I have a very valuable associate on gamehacking.org helping me make cheats for games which previously had none, and we worked out an infinite money code for this game. I used it on the first 2 characters, but not the other 4 as I knew exactly what I did and did not need to buy. I just completed the very short and simple "Primary objective". All 6 characters have the same gameplay and everything, so I would like to claim this one anyway for completing the objective the game gives each character.

The first playthrough was the longest at about 20-25 hours, while the next 5 where I was just gunning for the objective fish took maybe another 10 hours for a total of 35. The game never technically ends, even if you fill out every journal entry in the game by catching every fish. Its sort of like Animal Crossing in that there is no beating it. When you know what you are doing these legendary fish can be caught in less than an hour, due to how open the game is, you never have to wait to go for them.

This was a very good game though, very niche and fun to play. I now know more about it than virtually any other English speakers out there, so ask away if anyone is curious about it. But right now I have a 2000 word essay I've got to finish on it, so I've gotta say I'm a bit burnt out on it at the moment. After beating it 6 times and checking every Japanese guide imaginable it appears this game has no credits whatsoever since it never ends, not even in the manual, That's disappointing as credits are very handy for research purposes, but oh well.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Apr 12 2018, 01:55 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Wow. Look at them graphics!!! :w00t:

Those fish looked delecious.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
500 polygons per fish! Realistic scale light reflections! Blast Processing for faster fishing than ever!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Is it alright if i claim Razor Freestyle Scooter?
Edited by No64DD, Apr 17 2018, 01:52 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Razor Freestyle Scooter has been beat!

Posted Image

Im happy to say that i completed this game in a few days without using any of the unlockable codes. Here is an example of my high score on the hardest level, and the characters i have unlocked overall, including Norton the evil robot that you get for completing every objective in the game.

Posted Image

The objectives are similar to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, but i enjoyed this game much more. The physics are different than skateboarding, and it is more accessible when it comes to grinding. More surface contact.
I used Chad the whole time. So far, players seem to have the same feel and control but each do have their own special moves.
This all changes when you play as Norton. He has better control and the largest amount of moveset, which were already extensive.
This bot can shred!

Posted Image

The fun doesn't end there. Even though this game is available on PS1 and Dreamcast, it also has an interesting soundtrack with punk rock bands like Threefoot.
Apparently, Razor HQ is located in Huntington Beach, California, which lends itself to the laid back surfing/longboarding vibe that is reflected in this game, now in scooter form.

When i think of Huntington Beach, i think of the area where Korn first made a name for theirself. It just so happens their friend, and MMA legend Tito Ortiz is eventually a playable character!
Posted Image

To be continued. ;)
Very cool game. There is a high learning curve, and timing plays a huge factor, but there are tons of places to trick off of and tons of tricks to combine. It makes for some pretty sick lines.

Edited by No64DD, Apr 24 2018, 05:03 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Great job Shell and Dan with these less knew games.

I have beaten Madden 99 the other day
Posted Image

I claim Madden 2001
Edited by italia64, Apr 18 2018, 02:31 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Thanks!

Wow. Madden 99 seems less celabratory than Madden 64. I could be wrong. :lol:
Edited by No64DD, Apr 18 2018, 03:02 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
FIRST POST UPDATED!!

Thanks to three of the N-Cyclopedia 64 crew (italia64, Shellshocker18 and No64DD), another 4 games have been knocked off for a total of 312 games beaten.

Would you believe that only 11 NTSC/PAL titles remain?!? Which one will YOU claim to finish this amazing feat?!?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Madden 2001 is done ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
First Post updated! Only 10 US/PAL titles left!! Congrats to italia64 on his 62nd completion!! Will he make it an even 64 victories?!? Stay tuned . . .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I keep finishing cool Japanese exclusives I'd love to talk about, but I also keep using gameshark codes so I can't claim them. >_< so few games left. I think Gabe is going to get all except Bass Masters 2000. It will be done this decade hopefully
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jun 25 2018, 11:49 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
About BassMasters 2000, i'd like to guage what constitutes as "beating" this game..

There's very little out there gameplay wise and what is, is terrible. :lol:

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@No64DD: i do not know this game well. Generally though, if it’s not a “roll the credits” game, any type of victory is permitted, such as winning a tournament, even if it is short (like a one day, one round or 4-team tourney), or beating the default high score.

After reading more about this game on game faqs, one could beat this game beating Exhibition mode (single day tourney) or Tournament mode (6 tourneys leading to Bass Masters Championship, any difficulty level) or beating the high score in Speed Fishing mode.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
BassMasters 2000 has been completed.
I couldn't understand how this game went untouched for so long until i got involved in it.

This game has a lot of charm! If you like fishing, or like fishing in Ocarina of Time, Bassmasters 2000 takes it to the next level.

Nice shifts of time intervals with atmospheric changes and various natural weather conditions that take place from spring to fall. So far, the tournament mode starts at 7: am and ends at 3: pm.
I never played this game, so i started out on Beginner, and created myself on that setting which cannot be changed after the fact.
Nevertheless, there were 6 3-day tournaments that began on August 25th, 1999, across 3 nationally renowned lakes, Old Hickory, Okeechobee, and Shasta.
Within the 6, there were a handful of certain placement requirement to keep proceeding to then eventually compete in the 7th tourney, the Bassmasters Classic.

Along the way, you are rewarded cash prizes and a ton of equipment.
Weight also plays an important role when it comes to the daily catch.
This game deserved its own strategy guide based on the amount of variable combinations of fish species habitry, which is thankfully helped by the jam packed Tip section.
It certainly helped me navigate the game more and more.

Here is my first runthrough of this game.

This is a pretty good margin! Not sure why my live haul is temporarily housed in a latticed laundry carrier. :facepalm:
Posted Image
And here i am holding the trophy behind my earnings. It keeps a tally based on the qualifying placement requirements. I had all of this by the end of the 6th tournament except for 1 lure. :lol:
Posted Image
Here is the results of the total 3-day Bass Masters Classic, and the end of the game? It reset back to day 1, but left off where the 1st tourney left off on August 2000... strange.
Posted Image
Here is my stat page. Early on, i didn't check in on time by 3:pm and was docked poundage which set me back some, but still easily managed to qualify throughout. So starting out, i got 3rd, then 2nd, and then have maintained 1st place standings. Cool!
Posted Image

I have no complaints. Challenging fun game! I used control style D, and this game uses EVERY single button. My hands were all over the controller as if i were using an expensive fishing rod. Very tactile.
I'm still playing it to see what else i can fish out.

Edited by No64DD, Jul 14 2018, 01:13 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: