Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64Forever Beats 'Em All!; Let's Finish What the 2012-13 N64 Game-Off Started!
Topic Started: Jul 5 2013, 09:43 AM (27,159 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I've beat Rayman 2 and Shadowgate but in 2012 :( I've got pics too
Edited by italia64, Aug 18 2013, 01:55 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Now I add my Shadowgate 64 pics. I've took a picture to my TV during the end titles (like I always do when I beat a game).
Spoiler: click to toggle

... And Rayman 2
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
This month I want to do the Turok marathon: DH, 2 and 3. But the first two are already been claimed and I think that when I play Shadow of Oblivion will be among at least 30 day by now, so I'm going to claim it if no one has done before me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
D.J Cat
Aug 29 2013, 09:38 PM

Very fun game already is Chopper Attack.
Hey Italia, there is a volcano on level 3.
I am always going to be looking out for them now.
Many thanks D.J. Cat... I write it on the Volcano List ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I claim for Monaco GP and F1 Racing Championship.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Ok mate. I've started now with F1RC so I thake that ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Finish F1 Racing Championship.
I never played this game seriously back in day but I played houndreds hours (I mean that) to his twin: Monaco GP RS2. I'm really curious to compare my times to others but no one in the world plays these two games ahah (I want to know if anybody had beat my record time on Montecarlo GP, about 1m14s I seem).
After more the 10 years I'm still good and I've easily mastered all races.
I've forgot to set english language but:
Wins 16/16
Pole Position 16/16
Lap Record on Race 16/16
I was always on first place during all the races.The lap number was setted to the minumum for time reasons.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Beated Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I claim for Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Beated Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion. I've wrote my hopinion about the game on "Play N64 game..." topic.

I didn't use a walkthrough so I didn't took in every level the parts to build the super weapon (PSG), the final boss was incredibly hard using classic weapons.

Curious fact: I died 64 times ;-)
Edited by italia64, Sep 21 2013, 01:30 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
bluedogrulez
Nov 6 2013, 10:44 PM
Another game I would not have invested my time into but for this endeavor, and once again glad I did :yeah:
;)

.... Congrats to MrKoippa, EnvyFox and Bluedogrulez.
And thanks man for your work in N64 Beats 'Em All!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Body Harvest is crazy hard! Good luck ;-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Congrats for your efforts man, this game is really difficult. An extra month it's right in my opinion ;)
I claim Excitebike 64.

Advise: it's better to name Goemon's Great Adventure also with his PAL name (Mystical Ninja 2).
If not European and Australian people who want to beat it would think that it's been beated yet ;)
Edited by italia64, Mar 5 2015, 06:12 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
You're welcome ;)
Started today Excitebike, I won the first season in Novice mode ;)

Mr.Koippa is a hero haha, I wanted to claim Body Harvest but it's difficuty scared me :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Completed Excitebike 64 in Novice mode and Amateur mode.
Tomorrow I start the the Pro mode (it's been unlocked winning the Amateur mode) ;-)
This game is very hard but fortunately the winners change race by race. So you can win the season even if you don't finish always 1st or 2nd.
Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Mar 8 2015, 07:20 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Finished Excitebike 64!

Completed the Pro mode, all the round (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) and also the Challenge races.

Curious that I had a lot of difficulties playing the Gold round and I won the Platinum round at the first attempt.

Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Mar 11 2015, 01:31 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
When I'll play Body Harvest all this posts will be very useful :-P
Thanks ;-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Thanks mate, I'm thinking about the choose.
Mission : Impossible tempts me, I finished 100% it in 1999.
Tomorrow I'll tell you which game I chosen ;-)
Edited by italia64, Mar 12 2015, 08:12 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I claim Tonic Trouble!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
After one day of gameplay I almost finished Tonic Trouble.
Tomorrow I start the last level. So far all 100% ;-)

Very funny game, maybe a bit too easy but I appreciate this. If someone wants a more deep and bigger experience can play the masterpiece...Rayman 2.
This is a mini-Rayman 2.
Edited by italia64, Mar 14 2015, 09:31 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Finished Tonic Trouble.
What a pity, I'm sick of games with this problem:
I almost 100% completed it, only two antidotes missed (178/180), I said "I defeat the final boss and later I go to pick the last two antidotes".
But...when you defeat the final boss and you play again, you start the game on the final battle and seems that it's impossible to exit/escape :facepalm:
Please tell me that exists a way to come out from the final battle and go to make the 100%.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Mar 14 2015, 09:50 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I claim Turok 2, it's a shame that it's still in the unbeaten list :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
MrKoippa
Mar 16 2015, 08:32 AM
italia64
Mar 16 2015, 05:47 AM
I claim Turok 2, it's a shame that it's still in the unbeaten list :(
How I wish I would have chosen that one :facepalm:
Turok DH is still unbeaten man.
Did you play Turok 2 yet? I don't like very much these kind of FPS but Turok 2 is a great game. Iguana Team made a great work. All is perfect, the graphic above all, it looks a PC game.
I don't like Turok DH but a lot of people love it, give him a chance after Body Harvest maybe.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Good luck with Glover Decontendo ;-)
PS if you finish Tonic Trouble and you find a way to exit by the final boss battle tell me how to do it please ;-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Decontendo: congratulations! What a pity about Glover, I wanted to play for the N64 Beat 'Em All hehe.
Thanks for sharing all thats info about it, I like when someone writes something about the game in this section.

@No64DD: My friend, unfortunately I finished Tonic Trouble, 99% beaten, final boss defeated and all the items collected but two antidotes.
I was sure that I would collect the last two antidotes after the boss battle but incredibly seems that once you enter in the final battle It's impossible to exit and come back to the levels.
If someone discover a way please let me know :-P

About Turok 2:
I finished the first two levels, I'm in the third level, almost finished.
I remember that the last level (the sixth) was surprisingly easy, the fourth and fifth very hard, I'm a bit worried by them.
The game is very hard as I remember. I'm playing in normal mode, auto aim turned off.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Sixty Formula: I really enjoyed watching the pics and reading your review about Turok DH.
In these days I'm playing Turok 2 for the N64 Beat 'Em All and reading your words I'm sure that you have to play this game (if you don't played yet).

Turok 2 improves Turok DH in every aspect, better graphic (a lot better), less fog-effect, better weapons, better enemies, cutscenes, deeper story, objectives and...bigger levels! This last aspect in my opinion is not a positive improvement.
In fact the levels are too huge, often is frustrating search a key or a single item and you have to do a lot of backtracking. But if you like FPS and you don't mind to explore these freaking huge worlds (believe me, every levels is averagely three times bigger than Turok DH levels) Turok 2 is your game if you liked Turok DH.

I also finished Turok 3 and it's a very different game. The gameplay is very linear, smaller levels, but technically Turok 2 is the king of the N64 classic FPS.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are in another planet as we know, but if you like classic FPS and you aren't scared about very hard games (Turok 2 is hard ad hell, especially in the N64 version because the ridiculous lack of save point) you'll be surprised about this masterpiece ;-)

Off-Topic:
I noticed that you didn't played Turok DH on CRT. Me too used to play N64 in full-HD TVs but now I'm playing all the games on CRT and they are a lot better, they seems different games.
In the new TVs the N64 graphic is crap, and also in YouTube videos. This is a pity because watching YouTube videos people think that N64 has an ugly graphic. On CRT N64 has the best graphic of the 5th generation and some games had graphics of the sixth generation (as Conker's BFD, Perfect Dark, ecc).
Edited by italia64, Mar 22 2015, 06:35 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Sixty Formula
Mar 23 2015, 11:59 AM
Thanks! I enjoyed playing the game and writing about it. I would love to get a CRT but they tend to be very heavy. How much did you get yours for, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again!
No problem man ;)
Mine was an old TV that I found in garage, my mother asked to me to throw it to garbage but when I discovered that it still works I decided to use it for N64 gameplaying.
Unfortunately CRTs are very heavy and not very good looking. The positive aspect is that you can find them for free (or for few dollars) as people want to throw them away ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
My wishlist after Turok 2 was:

-Mission: Impossible
-Glover
-Chameleon Twist 2

Decontendo :nope: hahaha
@Bluedogrulez: my friend, you wrote "Italia" in the achievement list and aside Excitebike 64 on the beaten list.
If you have time add "64" if not seems that two different users are in the list, Italia and Italia64.

Many thanks ;-)
Edited by italia64, Mar 24 2015, 11:46 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Hehe just saying :-P
Yes man TGH can be a good idea, I'm tempted by Taz Express too.
After a masterpiece like Excitebike 64 (still a fantastic racing, even played today) I'm a bit worried that Top Gear Hyperbike can be a bit boring but I will give him a chance.

Fortunately aside the brand new copies of Taz and TGH I have also two used copies, so I can play both.

There are also great games in the hit list, for example Mystical Ninja 2, Worms Armageddon, Starcraft 64, Wipeout 64 and some very good sports games.

I'm glad that Sixty Formula finished Turok DH, almost all the most important games of N64 history are beaten.

PS thanks for fixed the name ;-)
Edited by italia64, Mar 24 2015, 07:24 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Decontendo:
Haha don't worry man, it's better that I have to choose games that usually I wouldn't play, it's in the Beat 'Em All spirit :-P
We like the same genre of games, as platforms, adventures, ecc.
But was funny that that three games was the three that I was considering. It such a coincidence if you think that there are still a lot of games in the hit list ;-)

Unfortunately I discovered the Beat 'Em All too late, in these years I finished a lot of N64 games so it's a pity.

About Turok 2, this game is a nightmare of difficulty but the worst is done. I remember that the last level is easy compared the fourth (Lair of the Blind Ones) and fifth (Hive of the Mantids).
Incredible how the PC version is easy compared to N64 version.
In fact in the PC version you can defeat a lot of enemies in stealth mode with the Plasma Rifle, enlarging the view with the aim by long distances. In N64 you can't aim deeper, I don't know why, what a pity. (edit: April 2, I found how to zoom, R+C up)
In the PC version you can shoot very precisely with the mouse but above all you can save every time you want...in the N64 version you have to save in the save points that you meet once every two hours of gaming.
So if you're playing and you have to turn-off the console you can't until you find a save point, if not all your progress will be lost.
A lot of time I had to backtrack to the previous save point when I had to quit the game, very stupid thing.
Another stupid thing, if you have only one life and you save...you're :cussfit:*d!
In fact when you finish your lives you start again from the last save point with one life only. Would be better to start from the start of the level (but with all the progress saved) with three lives.
This aspect is not frustrating in the PC version because if you have for example 5 lives you can save and if you loose three lives in a platform section you can restart the game.
In N64 version if you made a lot of progress you prefer to keep the game on with just one or two lives left and go ahead to find a save point.

So if you finish the N64 version you have to be proud of yourself haha.
Edited by italia64, Jul 19 2015, 06:49 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: