Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Upcoming Movie Releases; What trailers have you excited?
Topic Started: Jul 29 2013, 09:40 AM (2,456 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
So which upcoming releases are you excited about seeing in the theaters?

Saw the following trailer at the movies a few weeks back and I am really looking forward to seeing this (with the fam, of course):

THE LEGO MOVIE!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Rio 2, We're the Millers, and probably alot more than I forgot.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
bluedogrulez
Jul 29 2013, 09:40 AM
THE LEGO MOVIE!
I love Legos, they were my everything as a kid, although I can't imagine watching an entire movie in stop motion like this, honestly it hurt my eyes just within that 2 minute trailer, lol. But yeah I'll definitely still see it!

I'm excited for Elysium coming out in August, practical effects w/ strong acting and a gripping story. By the looks of the trailer it has the potential to be a phenomenal sci-fi flick, maybe one of the best of all time. The director did District 9 which many loved, although personally I couldn't stand because of the bumbling lead character and "The Office" type mockumentary style. The upcoming Elysium seems to be absent of slapsyticky nonsense, and strictly focuses on being a thought provoking social commentating sci-fi epic, fingers crossed. Ha, here's the trailer:

Cabanon
Elite
that movie look rad ! saw the trailer satursday's night. will certainly see it in theater.

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
I CANNOT wait for Godzilla ...

Or (Not a movie, but still shaking for it: ) Breaking Bad

also Awesome:

The World's End

Gravity

AND ON THE BONUS LIST:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by Vinyl, Jul 29 2013, 03:34 PM.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
There are tons im looking forward to.

Probably most at the moment is Pain & Gain
also Elysium, 2 Guns, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, This is the End, Red 2, Ted 2, Mad Max: Fury Road and Lots more..

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Kick :donkey: 2 comes out Friday! I'm excited, but not sure when (or if) I'm going to see it. Might have to wait for home release. :(
That's ^ hilarious right there. :lol:
Edited by The Red Shadow, Aug 14 2013, 10:04 AM.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
The Red Shadow
Aug 14 2013, 10:03 AM
Kick :donkey: 2 comes out Friday! I'm excited, but not sure when (or if) I'm going to see it. Might have to wait for home release. :(
That's ^ hilarious right there. :lol:
Yeah for Kick *ss 2 !
I "discovered" the first movie by accident and liked it a lot b/c the violence was so over the top and almost cartoony.
I really don't like 99.99% of the movies that come out and hardly ever watch any but i'll gladly make an exception for this one.

So cute...

Posted Image
Edited by Mk II, Aug 14 2013, 11:13 AM.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I've been really negligent in my Ron Burgundy fandome. Can't wait to watch this one a few hundred times:

Edited by bluedogrulez, Nov 8 2013, 04:57 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Finally Anchorman 2 will be available to view soon. If its anything like the first you'll be right Andy. We will be watching multiple times over the next few years.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
DeeMoney
Nov 8 2013, 05:03 PM
Finally Anchorman 2 will be available to view soon. If its anything like the first you'll be right Andy. We will be watching multiple times over the next few years.
I wanna see it ASAP just for that edgy dinner table scene. :lol:

I'm not usually for stupid comedies, but Will Farrell has an undeniable cartoonish charm about him, which makes every action and phrase of his many times funnier. I love Stepbrothers, Anchorman, and Talladega Nights, they're repeat watches with friends. Always a riot.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Whether you love him, hate him, or just think he's out of his mind, Will Ferrell has an undeniable cartoon-like charm that influences all of his actions and lines, in which they become exponentially hilarious. I love Anchorman and have watched it many times with friends, as well as other classics like Talladega Nights and Stepbrothers. Looking forward to seeing the sequel especially for that dinner table scene. :lol:

Will Ferrell is a guilty pleasure, yes his movies are ridiculously stupid although I always manage to kneel before his man-child-god aura. Hopefully Anchorman 2 fully plays into his genius. All hail the the king of awkward comedy.

Edited by TNT737373, Nov 11 2013, 01:31 PM.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Oh, those are some good ones TNT. Behind Anchorman, my favorite Farrell is undoubtedly Semi-Pro. Jackie Moon is classic. E.L.E....Everybody Love Everybody!!!!
Edited by bluedogrulez, Nov 11 2013, 02:27 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
I'm definitely excited for Anchorman 2, I just got around to watching the first one yesterday and it was right up my alley. I can already tell from the commercials that A2 has the ability to rival the original.
Edited by Xephyrian, Nov 11 2013, 02:06 PM.
Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Anybody looking forward to the new Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy? I am. It's taking forever to be made though, unfortunately it won't actually come out until over another year, because they're doing "re-shoots" right now. Supposedly the studio's given the director an extra 25 million dollars just to shoot another action sequence that was cut from the script due to constrained budget. Hopefully there's little CGI and the action mostly remains true to the original gritty metal-grinding movies. I'm looking forward to seeing crazy Mel Gibson jump around on screen too.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm in "wait and see" mode on that one. I've seen very little about it at this point other than the casting and the release date. I won't be getting my hopes up so that, hopefully, I can be pleasantly surprised instead of overly disappointed.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Nov 27 2013, 11:31 AM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
The Red Shadow
Nov 27 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm in "wait and see" mode on that one. I've seen very little about it at this point other than the casting and the release date. I won't be getting my hopes up so that, hopefully, I can be pleasantly surprised instead of overly disappointed.
Yeah, with the release about a year and a half away, I'll forget about it entirely by then. haha

I'm disappointed this morning to find out Quentin Tarantino's doing another Western revenge flick. One of my least favorite genres, Django Unchained surprised me and granted I love it, however I'm not looking forward to seeing another so similar. He keeps stressing on finishing some sort of "race revenge trilogy" so my guess this will involve Apache Indians or some aboriginal people. <_< Power to him although I'd like to really see present day used in one of his movies again. It's been over 15 years since one of his movies wasn't about revenge. Even as a Tarantino fan I'm sick of revenge I want the storytelling to be more akin to Jackie Brown or Pulp Fiction.

What do you guys think about Tarantino's movies? Entertaining and a great escape, or too absurd and offensive to sit through?

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
TNT737373
Nov 27 2013, 11:19 AM
Anybody looking forward to the new Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy?
Very much looking forward to it and hoping that it returns to the quality of Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.

Quote:

What do you guys think about Tarantino's movies?

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 is one of my all time favorite movies but I didn't care for the follow-up as much aside from the Pai Mei scenes.

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece and probably would have won best picture if hadn't of been for Forrest Gump.

Completely unrelated: A movie that I really love that doesn't often get mentioned is Searching for Bobby Fischer. Have any of you ever seen it?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Even if its coming out in 2015, I'm stoked!
JURASSIC WORLD!!!

I'm a total nut for Jurassic park and can't wait to see the new sequel!
Edited by i8ablueskittle, Nov 27 2013, 12:52 PM.
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I've enjoyed every Tarantino movie I've seen so far but I would prefer he be more varied than to go back to a Western revenge flick motif already.

And I'm totally stoked for Jurassic World but I hope it isn't just the beginning of new, rehashed Jurassic movies that stray from the epicness of the original trilogy.

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
The Red Shadow
Nov 27 2013, 01:48 PM
I've enjoyed every Tarantino movie I've seen so far but I would prefer he be more varied than to go back to a Western revenge flick motif already.

And I'm totally stoked for Jurassic World but I hope it isn't just the beginning of new, rehashed Jurassic movies that stray from the epicness of the original trilogy.
Me too. It's already pretty much confirmed that they'll be back on the original island 20 years later. Lots of speculation out there, but I'm still waiting for the official plot and such. Would love to see some of the original cast back in it.
Spielberg seems to be closely watching it, so hopefully it'll be as incredible as the first.
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Grizzmeister
Nov 27 2013, 12:11 PM
Completely unrelated: A movie that I really love that doesn't often get mentioned is Searching for Bobby Fischer. Have any of you ever seen it?
No I haven't! Looks really good though I'll definitely be checking it out. Really like Fishbourne, don't think he's given enough good roles. Other great actors in there too looking forward to watching it.

Also speaking of the JP franchise, I've got mixed feelings on the title Jurassic World, sounds too cheesy for it's own good. Ha, but maybe the title's intentional as an obvious knock towards Disneyworld? The plot is rumored to take place in an advanced functioning mega-theme-park, basically John Hammond's true dream realized. I'm a huge fan of Crichton books as well, and I NEVER read books. This is my childhood movie franchise I'm very excited for a sequel that doesn't suck. At first I was extremely worried about the director Colin Trevorrow seeing as he's only made one movie, WHICH WAS A COMEDY, although it was very creative, different, and sharply written which I'm praying comes through in the new JP. As far as Spielberg's involvement goes, let's hope his advice doesn't derive from his work on Indy 4. That was shockingly unenjoyable, lol. CGI dinosaurs are going to be used of course, which goes against the feel of the entire previous trilogy, so the CGI better be Avatar quality freaking incredible to sell the tension. As long as they somehow squeeze Jeff Goldblum rocking black leather in there I'll be fully satisfied. :smokin:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
To state the obvious, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are masterpieces. Pulp Fiction's interwoven storylines and the telling of them in a non-linear manner was groundbreaking. And in both, he let the actors act...how brilliant was Tim Roth in RD??!? There are some other Tarantinos I've enjoyed, like True Romance and Four Rooms (though I forget which segment QT directed), but I have some catching up to do.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

hockeylife21
Im looking forward to anchorman 2 and hobbit:desolation of smaug, im sure im not the only one here who is obsessed with middle earth

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
As a Disney fan, I'd be curious to see any movie about Walt Disney, particular regarding his business acumen. I'm not a Mary Poppins fan per se, but I'm sure there are many out there who would be interested to see a movie about how the book become a movie. So how do you release a movie about Walt securing the rights to make a Mary Poppins movie and give it a name that refers to NEITHER?!?!? :eh:

If I did not know any better, I'd have as much interest in seeing a movie called "Saving Mr. Banks" as seeing a movie called, say, "John Carter". Seriously, Disney, use an ounce of your massive creative juices to come up with more gripping titles. (But I still love you :wub: )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
bluedogrulez
Dec 11 2013, 12:49 PM
If I did not know any better, I'd have as much interest in seeing a movie called "Saving Mr. Banks" as seeing a movie called, say, "John Carter". Seriously, Disney, use an ounce of your massive creative juices to come up with more gripping titles. (But I still love you :wub: )
I hope Walmart releases a Tom Hanks Blu-ray double pack down the road with both Saving Mr. Banks and Saving Private Ryan. :P

Yeah that is a pretty awful title, ha. It's budget is only 35 million, so the profits will be enormous for Disney even if it doesn't do well at the box office. Like I said, with blu-ray sales and rentals. :D

Fistonik
Member Avatar

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
The visuals in this movie look incredible, no headache-inducing shakycam like Cloverfield or too Hollywood polished like Transformers. Looks like they found a good balance to make a genuinely horrific Godzilla. Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe are both excellent actors I know they're going to elevate this script to make it as believable as possible. Never thought I'd be excited to see a new Godzilla movie! Hollywood really fudged up on that 1998 one, like all of us I enjoyed it as a kid :rollseyes: , but to be serious that 1998 Godzilla is shockingly awful and never should be viewed by anyone. lol

Also the Inception horn needs to be dropped from all trailers immediately, it's kinda funny to hear now it's been parodied so much.

Edited by TNT737373, Feb 26 2014, 12:58 PM.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Holy crap yeah... I just (a few minutes ago) saw that Godzilla trailer... looks fun!! :w00t: (despite the Inception "BWAAAA"s at the beginning) :lol:
Kinda reminds me a bit of a mix of Cloverfield, and this other (Korean) monster movie I saw a few years ago...

spoiler'd because monster

The Inception "BWAAA"s on the other hand, reminded me of that great WWZ honest trailer...
Edited by floorcat, Feb 26 2014, 01:54 PM.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Godzilla does look awesome and thanks TNT for a shot of Lauren Holly back when. I was a huge fan :wub:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: