Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PM System Busted; Or is it just me?
Topic Started: Aug 29 2013, 08:51 AM (841 Views)
mjwatts26
Member Avatar
Hey it looks like the PM system isn't working. I tried on several different browsers and on a mobile device. When I try to send a PM the page just reloads and the message won't send. Anyone else?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
I'm pretty sure this has been a recurring problem for a while now. It hasn't happened to me yet so I'm not sure what to do except wait it out and hope it fixes itself. :-/
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Like Xepherian said, it happens occasionally (and seemingly if you receive several PMs in a given day). It will go away, the question is always when. Sadly, don't think the staff can fix that one.

CORRECTION: Try it now. If it doesn't work, sign-off and then sign back in. I think I fixed your issue.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Aug 29 2013, 12:36 PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Aug 29 2013, 12:32 PM
Like Xepherian said, it happens occasionally (and seemingly if you receive several PMs in a given day). It will go away, the question is always when. Sadly, don't think the staff can fix that one.

CORRECTION: Try it now. If it doesn't work, sign-off and then sign back in. I think I fixed your issue.
Yep whatever you just did worked!

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
BDR saves the day again. Good job mate :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
I'm having the same problem now, hitting send message just refreshes the page. It's been that way since yesterday afternoon, initially it worked sometimes but now I can't send anything... :(

Can anything be done?

Thanks
Posted Image

20th Anniversary Joystick Refurb - Stainless steel and Teflon components!
My Twitter

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Hi LH--as an established member, you are limited to a certain number of PMs per day (5). I've temporarily raised the threshold to 10.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 06:31 AM
Hi LH--as an established member, you are limited to a certain number of PMs per day (5). I've temporarily raised the threshold to 10.
Ooh right that explains it, any way to pop a message up to let people know when they've hit the limit. I thought I was losing my mind there for a bit! :facepalm:

Thanks for clearing it up, I'll likely hit that limit again. But i'll know what it is now. :)
Posted Image

My Twitter

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Upon promotion to Establish Member at the 50 Post mark, the threshold is raised to 20 PMs/day.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 08:11 AM
Upon promotion to Establish Member at the 50 Post mark, the threshold is raised to 20 PMs/day.
Awesome, where can I go to spam! ;) :D
Posted Image

My Twitter

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
Time to start thread bumping! haha just kidding
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I know you guys are kidding, but just as a reminder to all, spamming to increase thread count is against the Forum Rules. :blasphemy bat:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
:) Wouldn't dream of it...

I read the forum rules :coffee: ...but didn't see the PM restriction details for new members outlined there.
Is there another place where all this stuff is laid out?

I'm also hoping there's an email notification feature and thread subscription option waiting to be activated on the 50th post!? I hope I'm not waiting in vain. ;_;

Or have I missed something there as well?
Edited by LinusHofmann, Feb 26 2016, 09:13 AM.
Posted Image

My Twitter

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Sorry, no site notifications unless you have a ZetaBoards premium account . . . which I do not think any here has (so I cannot actually confirm its features).

The forum rules are about conduct. We haven't laid out the various tiers of membership and what restrictions each has. Maybe its something the Staff can review.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 12:40 PM
Sorry, no site notifications unless you have a ZetaBoards premium account . . . which I do not think any here has (so I cannot actually confirm its features).

The forum rules are about conduct. We haven't laid out the various tiers of membership and what restrictions each has. Maybe its something the Staff can review.
Ah shame about the notifications, would be very handy.

And yeah, I would have appreciated having a clear description of the tier system, it definitely threw me off a bit.
Especially the PM thing not telling the user why it's suddenly stopped sending messages, but I guess that might be limited by the zetaboard system as well?
Posted Image

My Twitter

KnightlyGaming
Member Avatar
@TofuJunky87
Who needs spam when you have tofu...?

I'll let myself out...
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Linus: yes, zetaboards. I suffered it too when I was first selling my LodgeNet trove. I was working out deals with folks then bam, messages would not send without explanation. Please known that the Staff does what it can to fix stuff and when we can't fix it, to at least explain it. We oftem lament that our "Admin Control Panel" does not come with an instruction manual; we have to learn it ourselves and offen by trial and error.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 08:43 AM
I know you guys are kidding, but just as a reminder to all, spamming to increase thread count is against the Forum Rules. :blasphemy bat:
Yup, wouldn't dream of it. The first forum I belonged to years and years ago was actually the strictest I've ever been a member of. Ironically it was a car forum. Anyways, first bump would get you a severe warning. Second bump would get you suspended for a week. Third bump was deactivation.

And bumping wasn't even just limited to "bump." Any type of random comment that didn't contribute to the conversation was considered a bump. Like I said... STRICT.

Ever since then I've treated every forum pretty much the same way and I have been programmed that bumping is really, really, really bad.

@Knightly, hey hey now, Tofu is good! You just have to cook it right...
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@tofu: well, bumping is OKAY here. If there is an old tooic you want to legitimately revive, that is fine. We would MUCH rather you do that than create a new duplicative post. What we prohibit is posts that do not anything (only made to boost post count).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 08:52 PM
We oftem lament that our "Admin Control Panel" does not come with an instruction manual; we have to learn it ourselves and offen by trial and error.
*cough* alxbly deleting his own account *cough*
:)
Posted Image
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply