Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PM System Busted; Or is it just me?
Topic Started: Aug 29 2013, 08:51 AM (603 Views)
LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
I'm having the same problem now, hitting send message just refreshes the page. It's been that way since yesterday afternoon, initially it worked sometimes but now I can't send anything... :(

Can anything be done?

Thanks
Posted Image

20th Anniversary Joystick Refurb - Stainless steel and Teflon components!
My Twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 06:31 AM
Hi LH--as an established member, you are limited to a certain number of PMs per day (5). I've temporarily raised the threshold to 10.
Ooh right that explains it, any way to pop a message up to let people know when they've hit the limit. I thought I was losing my mind there for a bit! :facepalm:

Thanks for clearing it up, I'll likely hit that limit again. But i'll know what it is now. :)
Posted Image

My Twitter

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 08:11 AM
Upon promotion to Establish Member at the 50 Post mark, the threshold is raised to 20 PMs/day.
Awesome, where can I go to spam! ;) :D
Posted Image

My Twitter

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
:) Wouldn't dream of it...

I read the forum rules :coffee: ...but didn't see the PM restriction details for new members outlined there.
Is there another place where all this stuff is laid out?

I'm also hoping there's an email notification feature and thread subscription option waiting to be activated on the 50th post!? I hope I'm not waiting in vain. ;_;

Or have I missed something there as well?
Edited by LinusHofmann, Feb 26 2016, 09:13 AM.
Posted Image

My Twitter

LinusHofmann
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Feb 26 2016, 12:40 PM
Sorry, no site notifications unless you have a ZetaBoards premium account . . . which I do not think any here has (so I cannot actually confirm its features).

The forum rules are about conduct. We haven't laid out the various tiers of membership and what restrictions each has. Maybe its something the Staff can review.
Ah shame about the notifications, would be very handy.

And yeah, I would have appreciated having a clear description of the tier system, it definitely threw me off a bit.
Especially the PM thing not telling the user why it's suddenly stopped sending messages, but I guess that might be limited by the zetaboard system as well?
Posted Image

My Twitter

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply