Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Wii U Topic
Topic Started: Jun 19 2011, 06:14 PM (21,489 Views)
alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
No topic yet? :o Oh well... :)

So, straight in with my cautious tone because I am treating the Wii-U with caution, having been very disappointed with the Wii. What's been shown of the Wii-U so far wasn't paticulary innovative or exciting, imo. The touch screen isn't a particularly strong selling point for me because I hate touch screen controls. It's obvious Nintendo are now chasing traditional gamers but it seems a big U-turn (pun intended) from all the speak about the simple control inputs that accompanied the Wii (the Wii-U controller manages to look more complex than any standard controller). A lot of the traditional games they announced (Darksiders II, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines) will be available on other systems about year earlier so hopefully more titles will be announced closer to launch.

That said, I'm glad Nintendo are targetting gamers again and I'll be watching their next announcements with interest. And Zelda in HD... :wub: :wub: :wub:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zar
Member Avatar
I am skeptical, we will see E3 2012.
Posted Image

niniendowarrior
Too early for me to get excited by this. I like the concept and I've enjoyed the Wii very much. Will wait to see if it's any good. I don't particularly think the touch screen will be used for buttons as is the case on the DS because reaching it with your hands at each side of the controller is damn difficult. If a game uses the touch screen, it'll use it pretty much exclusively like the one special multiplayer mode on Killer Freaks From Outer Space.

If I were a 3rd party company, there's only two ways to invest on it. Either I take my code and wire it to use the Wii Classic Controller or Wii U controller and call it a day, or really come up with something creative with the platform and commit. It's going to be either you spend the bare minimum to get the game running on the Wii U or spend huge and really make use of its strengths.

I like the concept of the Wii U, but it's always going to be about the software library. With Nintendo being more 3rd party friendly by keeping their first party titles off the release calendar, we could see the real must buys trickle at an agonizing pace. Just my two cents.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Nintendo being more 3rd party friendly by keeping their first party titles off the release calendar

i for one would not bank on this happening again in the Wii U launch window. First of all: it kinda backfired, didnt it? 3DS pickup rate was a bit slow-ish and lots of people complained about the weak launch line-up. But Nintendo could afford that because the DS range as a whole is still going very strong in hard & software sales and, like you said, they had to do something to lure back the third-party developers.

But more importantly: a new controller concept demands at least 1 great AAA+ title to demonstrate the added value to punters AND other developers. Miyamoto has to lead the way and show us what we want to play next.
Posted Image

niniendowarrior
Mk II
Jun 20 2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:

Nintendo being more 3rd party friendly by keeping their first party titles off the release calendar

i for one would not bank on this happening again in the Wii U launch window. First of all: it kinda backfired, didnt it? 3DS pickup rate was a bit slow-ish and lots of people complained about the weak launch line-up. But Nintendo could afford that because the DS range as a whole is still going very strong in hard & software sales and, like you said, they had to do something to lure back the third-party developers.

But more importantly: a new controller concept demands at least 1 great AAA+ title to demonstrate the added value to punters AND other developers. Miyamoto has to lead the way and show us what we want to play next.
It really did backfire, and at the same time, Nintendo cannot drown the 3rd party developers because everyone will once again harp that nothing sells on the Nintendo platform but first party titles.

I tend to think Nintendo can change the perception by bearing some responsibility in advertising for third parties. But, I do believe Nintendo will remain lax with their first party releases, just to appease the third party developers.

poptarts214
Member Avatar
Established Member
This is my thought about the Wii U and Nintendo's current status.
I am aware that a lot of this probably sounds very biased

Im planning on getting a Wii U Deluxe Bundle soon. Im actually quite excited and think Nintendo is finally going in the right direction. First lets all stop bashing on Nintendo Land and think about what it actually is. No doubt it will be a fun game to play with your children or younger siblings (Ha). I dont really like what the game is, but who's in it. It shows that Nintendo is interested in rebooting first party titles (and thats what I want). It also sets the tone for all of the new gamers by showing them something to look forward to.

This is what I consider first party games/characters---
Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, and Pokemon (kinda).

I have nothing to say about Super Smash Bros, I dont know many details about it but its safe to assume that it will be awesome.

Ok first off let me just get this out of the way, why "Wii U"? I still dont really understand why the Wii U has that name, didn't Nintendo just make the same mistake when add a "3" to the DS and expecting people to know that it is a completely different handheld console. Even the Nintendo gamer I am had no idea what the 3DS was until I did some research on it, I thought it was just a DS with 3d. The small amount of popularity I've seen for the Wii U recently really surprises me. Its now only 5 days away and I asked one of my friends today (who is somewhat a 'gamer') what he thinks of the Wii U, he simply replied with "What the f**k is a Wii U?". And another instance in where my other friend said there is no way the Wii U with have better graphics than the current consoles, and his reasoning for that is, "Isn't it still just a Wii? How could it have good graphics?". Hopefully Nintendo will learn next time around, or maybe my friends and I are just idiots.

I think this could turn out just like the 3DS and start slow but build an incredible game library over time (and still much more to come). I bought my 3DS in May of this year and have been overwhelmed by how many good games have already been released and there is still much to come. I have found plenty of sources that refer to Miyamoto talking about his interest in making new titles for Starfox, Metroid, F Zero, and Zelda (obviously). Thats what Nintendo is, isn't it? They make brilliant first party titles that are incomparable to games like COD, Assassins Creed, Halo, GTA, and Skyrim.

Thats the thing about Nintendo, its first party games have been through so many generations of gamers that its guaranteed to sell as long as you add a few Mario characters in it. But Nintendo is capable of so much more right now. With the possibilities of this new technology, it could revolutionize the games we grew up with into so much more. If done right Nintendo can bring in both new and veteran gamers with exciting new adventures.

Now my biggest concern is the Wii U getting sucked into the current generation of gaming. Why would anyone want to spend $300+ on a brand new Wii U to play the new CoD or Assassins Creed (with slightly better graphics with a few gamepad features), when those games will be released for the 360 or PS3 that are already sitting in 130 million households around the world. I dont think the Wii was bad because it lacked the games, it was bad because it simply just doesn't have the power to compete with the other consoles due to its focus on innovation. I think it should stay distant from Playstation and Xbox and keep doing what its always done best (with the exception of the Wii).

I think one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes was the Wii. It was simply just too ahead of its time, while Nintendo was giving a lot of attention to their new innovative controls and technology, while Sony and Microsoft are focusing more on the quality of the game itself. If Nintendo would have took the easy route and just went along with its two competitors, Zelda could possibly have had the best graphics out of any videogame of the generation. I feel that the Wii's release was Nintendo's attempt into changing gaming into a family bonding time with an amazing gimmick (motion controls, got many interested). We did get LoZ TP at launch, but I feel like that was just a gamecube game ported to the Wii (nothing against the game itself). Besides that the Wii was a console that was used for playing Wii Sports and making your own Mii's. But now that I look back on it, I think Nintendo noticed their mistakes mid-way through the Wii's life. They came out with much anticipated games like NSMB, DK Country, and Kirby, possibly in an attempt to change the Wii's current direction and bring back the old Nintendo fans that were disappointed with the Wii. I think all the negativity that gamers give the Wii should cease, as Nintendo gets back in the game. Nintendo dominates the PS Vita with its 3DS sales, successfully revived and expanded some of our favorite franchises, pumped out a new console far before the competitors, and is ready to be at the top.

Through the Wii-era, Microsoft and Sony have been following closely behind the Wii with the Kinect and PS Move, Sony's touchscreen Vita, Sony All-Star Battle Royal, and then Microsoft releases the Smart Glass after the announcement of the Wii U gamepad. Obviously Nintendo is doing something right, as it seems both competitors join right in on the Wii's innovative ideas and try to get on the seemingly popular Wii. While the Wii had the innovative creativity, the Xbox 360 and PS3 had the power. Now Nintendo has both.

Another great opportunity for the Wii U and the 3DS is the release of the Nintendo Network. Nintendo can finally get in on the online-multiplayer market and do some amazing things with the technology they have. Finally we will be able to chat with our friends via headset and experience real online gaming for the first time ever on a Nintendo console. Imagine racing in your black and red flamed death-machine on Big Blue at 2000 kph with 20 or 30 other strangers in high definition graphics.---That was referring to the F Zero series, assuming whoever is reading this already knows that. Although im quite unsure how much Nintendo will focus on online gaming, hopefully it will be somewhat similar to the way I described it. It will be a great improvement at the least (considering its not that hard to improve the Wii's online-multiplayer).

As for the first big title for the console, NSMBU, I think it looks great, but im really not that interested. I will probably still buy it and most likely play it to completion, but I think the whole rebirth (NSMB, NSMB2, and NSMBU) of the original Super Mario Bros is getting a little old (or needs improvement). I think this was a safe choice for Nintendo, but to me I feel like im going to play through the same game that I bought for my 3DS three months ago. Other than the HD graphics, its going to be the same as the other 2. Im sure they will add some cool new features with the touchscreen, maybe a new powerup or two. But I think the generic fire, water, snow, forest, and desert levels need some work. I would have loved to see what myself and many others have been waiting for, a true Super Mario 64 sequel. But the fact that im personally uneasy about it, doesn't give me any sense of doubt towards its success. Hopefully this will be the kickstart that Nintendo needs for their new juggernaut, the Wii U.

So if Nintendo keeps releasing solid first party titles on both the Wii U and the 3DS, I think it will lead to great success and satisfaction for both customers and Nintendo. Im not trying to say that all of those games on the Xbox and Playstation are bad,
I just think it is a terrible decision to do so. Nintendo simply just doesn't have enough room to include those games and still satisfy their true fans. 3rd party games would just make the Wii very similar to the competitors, with the exception of a few Mario games. If the Wii U released one game for every first party games that I listed above, I would be 100% satisfied.
Edited by poptarts214, Nov 13 2012, 05:05 PM.
296/296 NTSC Carts

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Just picked up the WiiU Deluxe Set! Here is my unboxing video for it:

WiiU Launch Day Unboxing Video

Edited by lithium017, Nov 18 2012, 10:57 PM.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
I bought one (Basic Set). Saving it for Christmas.

I think it'll do well, both in quality and sales. As to hardware performance, its raw power is weaker than a 360, but its advanced features are more powerful. Devs that want to put effort into optimizing their games will turn out great product. Also, future updates could add improved online features & free up more RAM for games.

It'll probably finish last in the upcoming console war, but not too far off...
Edited by Flare Dancer, Nov 20 2012, 07:18 PM.

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
I have zero clue how it will fair in the next console war. Micro$oft seems pretty set on Kinect 2.0 with their new console. The PS3 is finally chugging along and both the 360 and PS3 could still catch the Wii eventually. Next console war will be different again with Nintendo doing something different. I hope it sells better than the SNES (roughly 50 million sold) but doubt it will pass the Wii (nearly at 100 million)
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Lithium: Would you please do a video showing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii being played on a Wii U that's connected to a HDTV with a HDMI cable? If you have the time please also show how the on-line functions of both games are handled by the Wii U. Thanks!
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Lithium how are you finding your Wii U so far? I am really disapointed that Nintendo has given us a poor CPU & slow RAM. It has been a long time coming and I feel Nintendo has really dropped the ball. The Wii gave Nintendo a bucket load of cash and I feel they could have made the system more future proof. Hey do not get me wrong I love first party Nintendo and a 3D Mario and Zelda in HD will be epic but kind of cheesed off I will have to buy another console from SONY or Microsoft in the next couple of years for decent 3rd party games. If I was a shareholder I would be very angry. I did not want a power house but if the CPU & RAM is slower then the XBOX360, I find that shocking. Still I am looking forward to the Wii U and I even preordered Sonic Racing today to go with my Zombie U.

I do not mean to bash and hope Nintendo gets is right and pulls out all the stops in regards to their first party titles. There will always be haters who just cannot deal with Nintendo, I am not one of those I just wanted to be playing "The Worlds Most Powerfull Games Console On Earth again. :D
Edited by Vekoma64, Nov 21 2012, 04:10 PM.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

hockeylife21
We all expected it to be weaker than the next gen but not this gen. I don't mind really. As long as I get my nintendo titles, Bayonetta 2 and other exclusives i'll be ok. I'll leave multiplats to my PC

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Just as i expected, my Wii U pre-order got messed up when the shop closed up for good.
It should have been transferred to the system of another retal chain but of course it hasn't.
I was "lucky" to find yet another shop that would still take my pre-order.
They said they expected to fill it without any problem (im guessing they didnt have many pre-orders yet) but i wont know for sure until EU launch day next week Friday.

Anyway, tension and anticipation are rising fast and I'm really looking forward to finally play my Nintendo in HD!

Quote:

its raw power is weaker than a 360

dont believe everything you read on the interwebs.
what does "raw power" even mean? CPU clock cycles? DRAM speed?

Edited by Mk II, Nov 21 2012, 07:02 PM.
Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I picked up a Wii-U last night. I didn't really need to get it, but I just got a new TV, and I didn't want to have to spin it around again later to hook up more consoles since I was just in the process of plugging everything else in. So I figured I might as well pick up a Wii-U now so I don't have to set everything up again.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
Mk II
Nov 21 2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:

its raw power is weaker than a 360

dont believe everything you read on the interwebs.
what does "raw power" even mean? CPU clock cycles? DRAM speed?
I got this info from people who've been analyzing all of the Wii U info since Day One. The RAM has poor bandwidth, and the CPU's raw processing power (measured by running simple code that doesn't take advantage of the processor's more advanced features) is some degree worse than the Xbox 360. However, the GPU is more modern, there's more RAM, and the CPU is more efficient if coded for properly (compared to similarly optimized coding on the 360).

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
The NES and Super Nintendo had a very weak processor.
Trust me, im a programmer: CPU power is just one of the many factors that make up the final performance of a system.
The fact that the Wii U has four times as much memory will probably have a much bigger impact on the games you play.
Posted Image

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
Mk II
Nov 24 2012, 05:09 AM
The fact that the Wii U has four times as much memory will probably have a much bigger impact on the games you play.
Actually, only 1 GB is available for games (2x 360 in that case). The rest is reserved for system functions, but it could be freed up at a later date.

Additionally, the Gamepad screen is a further drain on the system's resources, so only games that use it as little as possible (such as menus only or even Pro Controller only) will look as good as they can look.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I am sat here staring at my copy of Sonic Racing for the Wii U :wub: Still no Wii U though...what a torture..still I am hopefull of its arrival tommorow...It had better come! :-/

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
you're not alone...

Got a message today that my preorder had arrived and i could come & pick it up. Yeehaw!
So i went to the shop and claimed my order at the service counter.
The girl went in the back room and came out with just a game.

"Sorry, we havent received enough black consoles to fill all orders. Perhaps next week"

Perhaps??? You assured me several times that there would be plenty to go around TODAY.
I preordered my console back in August, way before anyone else and when it turned out your computer lost all trace of my order,
i ordered it again right here with you because you promised me there would be no problem and NOW you tell me i'm at the end of the waiting line.

"Im so sorry. That'll be 60 euro for just the game then"

Jawdrop. Almost told her to stick it somewhere else
Filed a complaint with a manager type and left in disgust.

But word soon gets around the mall... one of the guys from the gameshop that went bust heard about it.
He contacted the toyshop (they're all part of the same retail group) and told them they had just lost the biggest and most loyal Nintendo buyer of the town.
But he went way beyond that and made some calls to other shops until he had found a black Wii U for me!
And then he called me to apologize and tell me the good news. How's that for service, eh?

So if all goes well i may have one tomorrow but i'm really glad i didnt dress up in my Princess Zelda custome for the occasion.
Edited by Mk II, Nov 29 2012, 11:45 AM.
Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
That is AWESOME!!! It's great to build those gameshop friendships.

I hope you get it tomorrow.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Mk II
Nov 29 2012, 11:44 AM
i'm really glad i didnt dress up in my Princess Zelda custome for the occasion.
X_D X_D X_D

Best of luck getting one tomorrow!!

... on a related note...

From the AUS Wii U launch party...
Posted Image

:blink: :blink:
:eh:

:yeah: :yeah:

This guy is my new hero!!
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
BTW, a hacker has now confirmed the rumours about the CPU. Slow clock, but better architecture:

https://twitter.com/marcan42

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

That is AWESOME!!! It's great to build those gameshop friendships. I hope you get it tomorrow.

Got it!
The guy did buy a Premium Pack for my sake, out of his own pocket and called me this morning to tell me i could come & pick it up at his place of work.

The Wii U is updating as we speak... my body is ready,
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
floorcat
Nov 29 2012, 02:12 PM
Mk II
Nov 29 2012, 11:44 AM
i'm really glad i didnt dress up in my Princess Zelda custome for the occasion.
X_D X_D X_D

Best of luck getting one tomorrow!!

... on a related note...

From the AUS Wii U launch party...
Posted Image

:blink: :blink:
:eh:

:yeah: :yeah:

This guy is my new hero!!
As a staunch Australian, I am disappointed that this guy is apparently Australian :facepalm: I will find him, and send him on the next boat to New Zealand. (Sorry scooter) lol :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Still waiting..cries inside. It is the first time I have ordered hardware of the net. Still I have to take over the shift down at my mothers why she goes to work. I then if they arrive have to update hers and transfer the wii stuff over before I can leave and get home to do mine. Glad you got it sorted MKII. So those lucky enough to be playing it, let me know what you think of it? That Tingle dude must be single and if he was not he is now! What an outfit.
Edited by Vekoma64, Nov 30 2012, 07:04 AM.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
It's really fab... im posting this using the Wii U gamepad BTW. the Internet browser and TV remote function work very well and smoothly. YouTube support has been much improved, nice interface and fast. I've got one of those 'smart' TV's with apps but the Wii U interface and performance is much better. On-screen keyboard works well and fast enough to post messsages like this one.

Only thing missing... my Club Nintendo points!
Contacted the big N. about this and thay've had similar reports from other customers so i have good hope it will be resolved.

BTW: my Nintendo Network ID is Mk2_NL
Edited by Mk II, Nov 30 2012, 10:01 AM.
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Glad to hear you've successfully gotten a hold of one, Mk!! And good to hear its browser is completely functional! ^_^ I pretty much exclusively use my Vita for web browsing at home, and I'm pretty happy with it. (Back touch pad scrolling FTW!) But since it's a relatively small screen, text input is kind of cumbersome (no swipe-input, boo), so I'm usually far too lazy to log onto anything, including this forum. >_<

Let's just hope they figure out those Club Nintendo points, though... 160 points (?) is nothing to shrug off!

Anyways, WHEN I eventually pick one up, I'll be sure to add you on my friend list! ;)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
I don't have wireless internet in my home, so no online play for me until a killer app with online multiplayer comes around. Then I'll shell out the dough the for necessary hardware.

I can still update the machine though, by taking it to a public Wi-Fi hotspot. It doesn't need a TV, y'know... ;)

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

good to hear its browser is completely functional!

not only that, but the unique capabilities of the Gamepad are also available to website programmers.
it is possible to get readings of all the buttons, the touchscreen, the gyroscope etc. in a special javascript object.
Coupled with the extensive support of HTML5 (including canvas rendering!) you can expect to see some amazing sites.
im already thinking about a "killer app" that would make full use of the Gamepad.

Flare Dancer
Nov 30 2012, 04:42 PM
I don't have wireless internet in my home, so no online play for me until a killer app with online multiplayer comes around. Then I'll shell out the dough the for necessary hardware.

I can still update the machine though, by taking it to a public Wi-Fi hotspot. It doesn't need a TV, y'know... ;)
do you have wired internet ? get a wii LAN adapter, plug it in the back and never again worry about your connection.

UPDATE: ive just discovered that you can browse to any web- and mediaserver(s) in your local network!!!
That's really good, for instance now i can access the collection database thats stored on a PC in my attic right here on my Gamepad in the living room. This machine continues to amaze me and ive hardly played the games yet!
Edited by Mk II, Nov 30 2012, 06:34 PM.
Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
What a day...Got to my mothers and the all shiny new hardware was there. :dance: Now my mother is not very good with tech and it falls to me to set it up. Now I thought yeah get it out the way because then I can play mine, plus she is not using to xmas and I though fudge that on xmas day. So I got it all set up and the started the update, yeah its slow but I knew that and thought I would deal with it and it took an hour which was ok. Now I had to do the Wii transfer which took over an hour & half. Halfway through I thought I would update my Wii U while I am waiting which took an hour too. There was lots to set up and I thought it was not that simple to take in and complete which was bit odd for Nintendo. Got home at 8pm and thought all I was left to do was my Wii transfer this turned out to be a nightmare. Now I am not a fan of wireless internet and use the the Wii Lan adapter which should be nice and easy but no it was not that simple. The lan adapter would not work and just kep saying it could not find my router. I thought the simplified automatic search functions in the internet setup was a nightmare too. :-/ So I thought ok I will check all cables and do resets and normal first steps to fix a problem but to no luck. Thought ok lets go wireless if you are not going to work but the LAN adapter worked at my mothers. Also checked all my USB ports were working which they all were. It would not accept my passwords or any thing I tried to get it connected to my router I even went in and took the security off and that did not work..panic stations. ... :-X So I went the hunt for my old netgear router which i have not used since my internet provider gave my one of these rubbish modem/router hubs. 30 mins of searching and I found it. Set up the hub as a modem only and set up my older netgear router and bam it connected. So it must be my serivce providers hub. Which is strange because it has no problems with any other device including the 3DS.

Did my transfers and by midnight I was good to go! Played some NintendoLand and Sonic Racing tonight great stuff, took it online and tried the game pad all round my flat. checked the bathroom and my bed and it all worked fine playing sonic, great stuff Wii U bed action for me!

So I noticed this- the Wii to Wii U transfer was quicker then hers and took about 20 mins, then hers is full of VC games and mine all sit on the an SD card. My blank 8GB SD card would not work down at my mothers to transfer and it said this card not be used so I took the one out of 3DS and it worked fine. I used the 4GB SD card I use in my Wii to do my transfer which was still full of VC games thinking it may be shortcut. Sadly this is not the case as although the transfer was quick and the VC titles show up in my SD card menu just like on my Wii you can not play or copy them to Wii U. I have to delete them all one by one and re download them all one by one and then they will play. So its up to you future buyers if you want a quick transfer but have to redownload everything or fill your Wii up first then have to download a few but the transfer takes really long.

Still I am looking forward to a weekend of Nintendo HD gaming. Hopefully Mario will turn up in mail tommorow has HMV only sent the hardware next day courier and sent the game by snail mail.

I also noticed this, my mother bought the DKC series on the VC before they were removed from the shop but they would not work through her LG LED TV. Resolutuion issues are real pain, she was using component leads like me although mine did work as it goes through my AV receiver and upscales. After they moved over to Wii U they worked just fine on my mothers TV which is good news to all you who have problems with weird resolutuions. I can only think HDMI and the upscale solves these issues :yeah:
Edited by Vekoma64, Nov 30 2012, 08:38 PM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: