Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Wii U Topic
Topic Started: Jun 19 2011, 06:14 PM (21,568 Views)
hockeylife21
Nintendo is extremeley stubborn as we all know, basically they do what they want and thats that. And that has worked for them quite well; up untill now. With Wii u doing so poorly I think we're in for some big changes in the coming year.. Iwata addressed that they need to adapt to the West more and need to track foreign trends better. Thats definetley a start considering previously he just would say "Please understand" :P Hopefuly the next few years will be better for Wii U, and with kart, smash, and X I know I'll be logging a ton of hours into my system. Also DKC:TF is looking really sharp,
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Interesting point hockey.

I think many of us can agree the game pad is very cool, but from a control perspect, it hasnt been optimized. Maybe that is not its point/strength. I feel its strength is as a quasi-portable, and i have heard others echo that sentiment. Being one floor above the wiiu is actually pretty great. Maybe Big N should have an initiative to expand the range of the gamepad (with relays or with stronger signals).

Just my two cents....
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Honestly, Nintendo do need to take a step back and look at competitors platforms, the major advantage they have is the touch screen, they need to get out there and show how it's making the gaming experience better for the end user

Another step, although this is more on the handheld side is to tie downloads to an account, I don't like carrying carts around with me, but at the same time, I won't buy any 3DS games digitally because of the fact that if the system gets stolen, so do my purchases, this just leaves the 3DS sitting on my desk for months, while I carry my Vita everywhere.

Region lock removal should be high up aswell, I've skipped so many titles I would have imported due to them being delayed here
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Ducktales Remastered finally got some run on my Wii U. Really well done for what it is...a perfectly animated platformer for younger gamers and Disney fans of all ages. Not a must have, but for an inexpensive title, definitely fun.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
For those "karters" out there, Mario Kart 8 will be out in May ;)

FreoGuy
Established Member
Im interested in geting a wii u, but for 430 bucks seems a little high, I wonder when we will get a price cut? 300 bucks puting it 250 under the ps4 seems like a no brainier!

justinwebb
Member Avatar
FreoGuy
Feb 1 2014, 12:38 AM
Im interested in geting a wii u, but for 430 bucks seems a little high, I wonder when we will get a price cut? 300 bucks puting it 250 under the ps4 seems like a no brainier!
Where are you that a wii u is $430? Here i can get one all day long for 280 to 290 brand new lol

My collection and wanted list!

FreoGuy
Established Member
justinwebb
Feb 1 2014, 11:27 PM
FreoGuy
Where are you that a wii u is $430? Here i can get one all day long for 280 to 290 brand new lol
I'm in Australia, 430 is like 390 us dollars since the wii us region locked can't even import one ugh!

Matt
Member Avatar
FreoGuy
Feb 2 2014, 07:09 AM
justinwebb
Feb 1 2014, 11:27 PM
FreoGuy
I'm in Australia, 430 is like 390 us dollars since the wii us region locked can't even import one ugh!
Import one from Europe, should work, you guys are PAL right?
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
It probably wouldn't end up being worth it for a console with postage included on top of the cost. Games are the best thing to buy from the UK though. Heaps cheaper and they don't take very long to get here :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
I know this is not PAL, and I also now they are all sold out, but still what a bundle....: http://nintendoeverything.com/newegg-selling-zelda-wind-waker-hd-wii-u-bundle-with-the-wonderful-101-and-ninja-gaiden-for-270-on-ebay/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-zelda-ninja-wonderful-wii-u-bundle/301085452995

Matt
Member Avatar
That was good, Ninja Gaiden 3 isn't too hot I hear... but TW101 is the best game on the Wii U IMO
Posted Image

hockeylife21
Yea I picked up ninja gaiden last black friday and it was just a bad hack and slash pretty uninteresting game.

Matt
Member Avatar
hockeylife21
Feb 3 2014, 10:01 PM
Yea I picked up ninja gaiden last black friday and it was just a bad hack and slash pretty uninteresting game.
Shame to hear, really enjoyed the first and second games on Xbox, but never got around to picking the third up
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Although i havent collected for a current gen system in years, i am a bit shocked (in a good way) as to how inexpensive Wii U titles retailing for like $60 last year are now available in great or like new condition on ebay for about $15. Ninja gaiden, Assassin's Creed 3 (which I just bought), Batman Arkham City, and a host of other titles being offered at inexpensive BIN prices.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
my son keep asking me to go play the WiiU station everytime we go to the shopping mall. I tried it and it reminds me of SM64 alot with added features. im really digging it and will probably buy one whenever a red unit will be released. im a sucker for red console !

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Well, Cabanon, here's more Wii U purchasing incentive . . . the provisional and perhaps final box art for:

Posted Image

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I love that box art. Wasnt very excited for Mario kart, I do enjoy them but they have never been must have games for me always found them easy and playing people in the family was too east.. Well then I started playing MK7 online, much more of a challenge and actually a lot more of a deeper racer than I gave it credit for, those :cussfit: blue shells :dance:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Cabanon
Elite
meh its not enough for me. what made me buy the Wii console was the Red 25th Mario Anniversary bundle just because it was red and pretty. not even the game.

hockeylife21
I don't think we're going to see a lot of Wii U color variations just because they can't get the black ones off the shelves, once it starts selling more we'll see special colors for the console and gamepad i bet

Cabanon
Elite
u'r probably right. im not in a rush so I dont mind waiting 3-5 years for it. I have a tons of backlog games I need to play.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
NES REMIX 2 coming 4/25/14!!! And look at the (MUCH BETTER) games it will be drawing from:
◾Ice Hockey
◾Wario's Woods
◾Zelda II
◾Super Mario Bros 2
◾Dr Mario
◾Kirby's Adventure
◾Super Mario Bros 3
◾Kid Icarus
◾Punch-Out!!
◾Metroid
◾Mario Open Golf
◾Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels

AND the story is that a full version of "Super Luigi Bros." will be included. Luigi will be trying to save the princess in the 8-bit classic by moving right to left on your gamepad screen.

A nice way to spend the month before MK8 :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
im surprised Nintendo took this long to put more games to the VC. what irritate me is the price on some of these, it's sometimes more than what the cart is actually worth. heck, n64 games are the worst of all. it's just not worth it.

this bundle is very good, but we, as a collector, probable already all have these games physical, yet we're still ready to shell some cash to have them on our newest console. that is a nonsense to me.

hockeylife21
The VC isnt meant for collectors though, mostly meant for those who either 1. Don't have access to the old consoles (aka don't feel like buying the console, controller and games) 2. Those who like having all their games on one convient system. And I agree they've been slow with VC but they said there were issues coding the gamepad functions or something and they've stated they'll be releasing them more frequently from now on. GBA is coming soon which is nice

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Did anyone know that the Pier Solar HD game was coming to the Wii U next month when it releases for its other consoles? I just found out about that today. That would be a great game to pick up if you like old school RPGs.

Cabanon
Elite
hockeylife21
Feb 17 2014, 04:31 PM
And I agree they've been slow with VC but they said there were issues coding the gamepad functions or something and they've stated they'll be releasing them more frequently from now on. GBA is coming soon which is nice
why would they care about old games and the gamepad ? do they really NEED to code it other than the basic button ? is it really that important ?

Matt
Member Avatar
One thing that really bothers me about the 3 games i've purchased on the Wii U Virtual Console (Mario 1, Lost Levels, Mario 3) is all the games have a horrible blur filter.

And the fact that some games are 50hz
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Mario Golf: World Tour is set for US/EUR releases on May 2. Sadly, it does not come with this most excellent golf bag:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Fistonik
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Feb 17 2014, 11:58 PM
why would they care about old games and the gamepad ? do they really NEED to code it other than the basic button ? is it really that important ?

Probably because First Party Standards require some kind of interaction with the gamepad. That would be my guess. ^_^

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Fistonik
Feb 18 2014, 09:36 AM
Cabanon
Feb 17 2014, 11:58 PM

Probably because First Party Standards require some kind of interaction with the gamepad. That would be my guess. ^_^
And playing classics off-screen is going to be a selling point. I have Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and really enjoy playing it off-screen.

In many ways, the game pad is like the N64 controller. You hold it and you think "I want to play something with this !!!!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply