Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The VGA Topic; Grading Items and Graded Items
Topic Started: Sep 1 2012, 02:16 AM (2,113 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I wonder if they grade sealed games only. I've got two expensive games in absolutely flawless condition.
Not a single mark can be found, they look created some minutes ago, I've checked for a lot with a magnifying glass. They can be graded 95+ in your hopinion?

HSV Adventure Racing New Sealed (two seals on the two sides)
Posted Image
Posted Image

And Conker's Bad Fur Day
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've got many other games in these conditions (some very rare and expensive). I really like the idea to grade theme but I really fear some trouble during the shipping.
Edited by italia64, Nov 7 2013, 07:53 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
if its sticker sealed because of PAL, I believe they will grade it like a sealed copy. and if you worry about trouble during shipping, thats because you didnt packed it carefully enough.

sam123
Established Member
Hey Italia64, yes they would grade them but the games will get a Q grade, which means qualified. Only Brand new in box games which aren't sealed get the Q grade. Anyway, regarding grading, my personal opinion is that its a waste of money and also time.

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Nov 8 2013, 02:55 PM
if its sticker sealed because of PAL, I believe they will grade it like a sealed copy. and if you worry about trouble during shipping, thats because you didnt packed it carefully enough.
Wrong person to talk about "not packed it carefully enough" :D
I'm worried about the possibility that the games can be lost. It's appened to me and I don't want to lost these 100/100 expensive games.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
That HSV Racing is so pristine I'm nearly breaking out in hives thinking about how one would handle it. Some sort of foam rubber gloves while wearing a HazMat suit in a vacuum sealed room? I would not fair so well with such a minty object.

If you are more interested in the preservation aspect (than grading), I wonder if there is an acrylic manufacturer in your (expanded) area that might be able to make some custom protective boxes for you to preserve those games.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Ahah I'm try to figure out me handling the game in that way ;-)
So far I use classic protector case (from Sentinel64) or case in VGA style.
I wonder if in the long term there may be side effects with prolonged contact in the years between plastics and cardboard (adding variants such as humidity, heat, etc.). The best way to preserve the immaculate games is wrap them with a cloth and store them in a box with humidity-proof systems ... But it's much better to expose them hehe
Edited by italia64, Nov 8 2013, 07:41 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
or you could simply buy the VGA case itself without grading them but you'd pay a fortune.

Cabanon
Elite
sam123
Nov 8 2013, 03:36 PM
Hey Italia64, yes they would grade them but the games will get a Q grade, which means qualified. Only Brand new in box games which aren't sealed get the Q grade. Anyway, regarding grading, my personal opinion is that its a waste of money and also time.
that is actually false. Japanese games never came sealed. they dont grade them Qualified, they grade like any other sealed games because that's how they were sold. proof

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paper-Mario-Mario-Story-Nintendo-64-New-NES-Bros-VGA-90-1st-Print-Release-RARE-/171154298734?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27d997576e
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Kart-64-VGA-85-Q-GOLD-N64-RARE-JPN-DEMO-SAMPLE-/321182177068?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ac7f3172c
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Beast-Wars-Metals-64-VGA-80-N64-NES-G1-AFA-New-Sealed-1-OF-KIND-/171089323615?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27d5b7e65f
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Party-2-Nintendo-JP-N64-Brand-New-Sealed-VGA-85-Gold-Mint-Unopened-/181249227357?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a334bba5d

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Good news ;) Many thanks Cabanon, is that I wanted to know;-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Intendall64
Member Avatar
This question is mainly for those in the UK, Europe...anyone outside North America really.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of items graded and I don't know whether to grade with VGA or UKG? I know VGA is a lot more well known, but for me it means shipping to the USA and that in itself means more possible ways for packages to get lost etc.

Do people have experience with both of these outside of USA?

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: