Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Gamecube Topic; "Gamecube" or is it really the "N128" ?
Topic Started: Sep 15 2007, 10:16 PM (3,581 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
kartmaster
Oct 6 2017, 03:10 PM
I'd be up for a Gamecube mini. I wonder if it's "nostalgic" enough yet though. I mean, they'll sell 'em all. What am I even talking about?
Have you and Lady Kartmaster ever done Mario Kart: Double Dash!! hotlaps cooperatively? If you both time your turbo start correctly you'll do a super turbo start for even more speed off the line.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I believe it’s called a “double dash” ;)
Edited by ItalianBaptist, Oct 7 2017, 06:04 AM.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ItalianBaptist
Oct 7 2017, 06:04 AM
I believe it’s called a “double dash” ;)
That makes sense.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! while popular among the series' cognoscenti is often criminally overlooked by more casual Mario Kart enthusiasts. Perhaps its inclusion on a GameCube Classic Edition could remedy that.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Another case for a GameCube Classic Edition would be including Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 as a bonus. Lots of people would probably enjoy playing it and I doubt it'll ever find its way to the Switch. :)

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Why Arcade GP 2? Does it have all the tracks from Arcade GP 1 also? (For some reason I thought I read that somewhere)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ItalianBaptist
Oct 11 2017, 07:58 AM
Why Arcade GP 2? Does it have all the tracks from Arcade GP 1 also? (For some reason I thought I read that somewhere)
I'm just a short way in and I can already tell that GP 2 renders GP 1 obsolete.

Posted Image

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
I wonder if they'll actually go as far as making a GC Classic.
Of course it would fit perfectly in the line-up, but technically it's a lot more hi-end, much more complicated and expensive than the one-board systems they chunk out for the current minis.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Vaettur
Oct 11 2017, 11:16 AM
I wonder if they'll actually go as far as making a GC Classic.
Of course it would fit perfectly in the line-up, but technically it's a lot more hi-end, much more complicated and expensive than the one-board systems they chunk out for the current minis.
The N64 Mini will probably give us some clues because I don't think the board that Nintendo used on the NES and SNES Classic Editions can handle N64 games.

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: