Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Game!
Topic Started: Nov 4 2013, 02:38 PM (481 Views)
vikingzx9
Member Avatar
I'm getting Super Mario 64 :mario: tommorow and I am so excited!!!! It's my first ever game that I will play on the Nintendo 64.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Congrats! I envy you! I wish I could go back and experience it for the first time again. Definitely one of the most amazing games of all time.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
feels like 1996 to me !! oh boy was that an experience of a life time

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I dont really like that game :-8
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
buddy1983
Nov 5 2013, 02:55 AM
Buuhhhhhh!

You know that you can mess with Mario's face right at the beginning, right? ^_^

MrKoippa
Member Avatar
Retired gamer
edit
Edited by MrKoippa, Feb 6 2016, 06:01 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
buddy1983
Nov 5 2013, 02:55 AM
Glad to know I'm not alone in that feeling. Never really cared for it myself but I acknowledge that it is loved by many and was the first foray into 3D polygonal gaming for a lot of gamers. Just not for me (Tomb Raider was mine and will always be the game changer in my books).

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
The Red Shadow
Nov 5 2013, 07:06 AM
Just not for me (Tomb Raider was mine and will always be the game changer in my books).
I remember it like it was yesterday, saturday morning, my dad took me to the videogame store to pick a game for my Saturn. I brought home Tomb Raider. Later that very same day I went back to change it for another game (I think it was Panzer Dragoon). Since then I never liked Tomb Rider. I don't really know why. I think I hated the controls and the environment.

I guess this Mario/TambRaider thing is a good example of why we're all so different :)

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
@RED, agree 100%. i dont hate Mario but I've never got past the first couple of levels.

First Tomb raider on the other hand i've played a million times.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Nuno
Nov 5 2013, 07:47 AM
I think I hated the controls and the environment.

I guess this Mario/TambRaider thing is a good example of why we're all so different :)
You hit the nail on the head right there. I know a lot of people who hated the controls of Tomb Raider and I can see why. But I never had an issue with them but I did find myself having a lot of issues with SM64's controls and that deterred me from really getting into the game so I can totally relate.

Sorry to have derailed your topic, vikingzx9. I truly hope you love your new game. :yeah:

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
That is still one I need to get and fully play through. Most of my friends had this game and it was fun for whatever little i could play!

Have fun :D
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
Congrats mate, the first of many great games i hope :yeah:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
One of the first games I ever played and owned.

An excellent choice. It's a very fun challenge. Getting everything is a bit difficult, but getting enough to beat the final boss isn't that hard.

Once you beat it, you should look at the other Mario games. They're all really fun ones. Dr. Mario 64, Mario Party 1-3, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 64, and Mario Tennis. At least the ones in America.

Where do you live?
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Blinkshot
Member Avatar
Established Member
First game ever. Still all time favorite.
My gaming youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BlinkshotProductions
(Does not deal with collecting)
NTSC Controllers: 13/16

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Super Mario 64 is a timeless masterpiece! It's the first game I played on the N64 too and it blew me away. It holds up pretty well today although platformers aren't really my favorite genre so I rarely, if ever, revisit it.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demon555
Member Avatar
Super Mario is a classic. Never could beat it though.
:-/

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply