Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Respect for likes?
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:48 AM (742 Views)
Blinkshot
Member Avatar
Established Member
I feel like there should be some respect system as in how many likes you get. It would encourage members to post more interesting content, etc.
My gaming youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BlinkshotProductions
(Does not deal with collecting)
NTSC Controllers: 13/16
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I fair suggestion and one that has been made before (though I cannot seem to find the listing). I do not believe Zeta Boards allows for such a field in the member "box" to the left of each post, but will check again.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Also I wouldn't want to enable anything that would turn this place into a popularity contest. Takes away from the laid back feel that we have going on here.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

MrKoippa
Member Avatar
Retired gamer
edit
Edited by MrKoippa, Feb 6 2016, 05:51 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
And if I remember correctly some of the modified themes don't even show the likes. There may be some forum members who don't know about the like system due to this.

Norcal
Member Avatar

bluedogrulez
Nov 25 2013, 09:17 AM
I fair suggestion and one that has been made before (though I cannot seem to find the listing). I do not believe Zeta Boards allows for such a field in the member "box" to the left of each post, but will check again.
This is possible through a reputation system, not the current like system. The like system in place now is purely cosmetic for each individual post - the data isn't saved anywhere else (and i'm pretty sure the likes are removed on posts after x amount of months aswell).

I've been messing around with a rep system on my test board but the only problem is it doesn't show the names of users who liked a post, it just adds to the users total "likes" on the side with their other info. There's probably a way to further modify it so it does though.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Okay I'm glad I'm not crazy 'cause I'll see old posts and be like "I'm positive I liked this already..." X_D
Posted Image

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
If i can make a suggestion, VBulletin boards have extensive capabilities but far from user-friendly.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply