Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Why did you pick your forum name?; (new and old topics combined)
Topic Started: Apr 5 2007, 07:12 PM (2,825 Views)
Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Why have you chosen the username you use for your account? Some are obvious (dagoss = David Goss), but some might have an anecdote behind them. If you don't have a story, make something up! ^_^

As for me, Mop_it_up, I made it my username because it's part of my catchphrase. Whenever I play a multiplayer game, I always start out horribly, then begin whooping up later on. It's always a big mess in the outset, so when I start playing well, I say "It's time to mop it up!" Whoever is playing with me then knows they better watch their back, so it's kind of a warning. I put underscores in it instead of spaces because, up until joining this forum, I'd only used GameFAQs, and they don't allow spaces in usernames.

(Wow, TWO topics in one day! -_- )
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Mop_it_up
Apr 5 2007, 07:12 PM
(Wow, TWO topics in one day! -_- )

Now the world really will end!! :o

Well... the "real" floorcat is named "Gato de Piso"... which my roommate/lanlord/climbing buddy/friend named when he belonged to him (long story... you might find the details in the "pet" thread... if it hasn't been purged).

Since "floorcat" is a lot easier to type, and is typically more username-friendly and less arcane to the English-speakers of the world, I went with that.

Then I chose to have it be the Japanese 床の猫 (read: yuka no neko) basically on a whim when I signed up here.

As for "alxbly"... I can speak on his behalf. He actually just misspelled "axlbee"... since he's actually the world's biggest fan of Axl Rose, and thought it'd be clever to be the "bee" that flourishes from the "Rose."
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Rapueda is a name I invented back in elementary or middle school. Pretty boring story. :mellow:
Posted Image

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Rapueda
Apr 5 2007, 09:33 PM
Rapueda is a name I invented back in elementary or middle school. Pretty boring story. :mellow:

Well, what did you invent it for? Just as a nickname for yourself, or something else?

(And why didn't you spell it with a Q?)

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Mop_it_up
Apr 5 2007, 07:34 PM
Rapueda
Apr 5 2007, 09:33 PM
Rapueda is a name I invented back in elementary or middle school.  Pretty boring story.  :mellow:

Well, what did you invent it for? Just as a nickname for yourself, or something else?

(And why didn't you spell it with a Q?)

No reason in particular. It just popped into my head one day. And why no Q in it? Because it sounds better with a P. :P :lol:
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

床の猫
Apr 6 2007, 02:29 AM
As for "alxbly"... I can speak on his behalf. He actually just misspelled "axlbee"... since he's actually the world's biggest fan of Axl Rose, and thought it'd be clever to be the "bee" that flourishes from the "Rose."

:lol:

alxbly is actually my real name. My full name is alxbly 64.

:P
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
When I was 13, my family and I went on a trip to Guatemala. During our stay, I decided to go for a walk around the Mayan ruins nearby our hotel, just to see if the ruins lived up to the hype. I came across a stone wall that appeared to be chipped away in some parts, which conveniently doubled as footholds. I climbed to the top of the wall and looked over the ruined city with awe.

After about 10 minutes, I climbed back down the bottom of the ground and headed back for the hotel, Suddenly, a large group of natives came out of seemingly nowhere and surrounded me with spears. As you can imagine, I was terrified and began to pray to God. However, much to my surprise, they didn't spear me through the side. Instead, they put their spears down and all bowed their heads. Literally hundreds of thoughts were going through my head at the time, trying to figure out what on Earth was going on. Suddenly they began to chant mysterious words in their language. I couldn't understand them, but soon they began to yell "dataDyne!" continuously. It was at that moment that I realised that they thought I was a God! "Why?" I thought to myself, I look like a normal 13 year old boy. But then I realised, it was my leg hair! They'd never seen a person with hairy legs like me!

After a few minutes, I accepted 3 blocks of gold from one of their hidden pyramids and blessed them all in the traditional Mayan way (I'd rather not talk about it >_> ). I then headed back to the hotel with the word "dataDyne" ringing through my head like a broken record.

That's how I got my username.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
I feel left out of this topic. :-8

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
dagoss
Apr 5 2007, 10:10 PM
I feel left out of this topic. :-8

Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have used you as an example.

And dataDyne wins anyway. Here's your prize!

Posted Image

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Hydra + Onix = Hydronix. Yep, it's that simple.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i was about 14 when i chose it i think. i used to watch pro wrestling a lot, and sting was my favorite wrestler. that is where the "stinger" comes from obviously. the 9142 was the last 4 digits of my phone number when i lived with my mom.
so that equals out to "stinger9142"

i have kept on using it till this day.
yawn...

DeadMaster
Unregistered

you know i'd like to a have a cool reason behind my name but i don't.. i think it was mostly brought on by bordom and thinking about some zombie flick...

*cries*
Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
I was just thinking of a username a few years ago and the word Raggedy came to mind. So I just took out a G to make it my own.

macN64
Member Avatar
I've just copied this from this from one of my other posts.

"My name is Mark, right? You know when you get a new high score on a game and your only alowed three letters for your initials? Well, My three initials are MAW, but I thought since Mark only has four letters in it, I could just use my name minius one letter. The result was mak, which doesn't look good. Make a simple switch and voila! You have mac.
Look at any of my games and you'll find mac at the top of the ranking boards.
Well, that's what I'd like to say anyway... <_<

I think the N64 part is obvious. "
Youtube

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
my friend used to spike his hair up and he called himself spike.
for some reason i did it for about a month and i made a name on a Cheat planet fourms (closed down now swaped for games radar and 1337planet.net) and i used spike and it came up as taken and spikey came up taken so i got spikie
Posted Image

Deku Link
Meh i just got done playing Majoras masks when i signed up here :P :P

floorcat
Member Avatar
I honestly can't remember if a thread like this was started at N64 forever already... it may have been (back in the Invisionfree days??) or might've just been a sub-discussion in another thread. (Where's Mop - Mr. forum encyclopedia - when you need him??) :P

Anyways... it's about time for (a new) one anyways. :yeah:

Mine basically comes from my cat. His real name is "Gato de Piso" which is Spanish for... well... "floorcat". :w00t: WAY back in the day, I had made that my Gamefaqs username, which I then used here. Well, I actually translated it into Japanese for my username here (床の猫) but "floorcat" was the name that stuck. I guess it's easier to type. :P Anyways, I recently changed it back to regular "floorcat" just so I can log on from computers/consoles without Japanese IME text input.

Though nowadays, I've been using "Fatty_Fatness"... which is my nickname for my cat, since he's a good 'n chubby one. <_>
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
At one time I used the name "darkman" in some forums, but never here. Over at the Atari forums I am known as "In The Dark." But neither name discribed me at all. Because of my addiction to old 80s and early 90s video games, I felt that retro junkie would be the best name that reflected my behavior.

And that is the name that I use now. :w00t:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

macN64
Member Avatar
floorcat

WAY back in the day, I had made that my Gamefaqs username, which I then used here.

My username also originated from GameFAQs. :)

You'll all be aware that games will often ask you at one point or another to enter three initials, usually either after getting a high score or upon starting a new file.

Posted Image

My initials are MAW. Where I live, a lot of people say this instead of using the word "mother". "My mother" translates into "Ma maw". Classy. <_< So, yeah, I wasn't too keen on entering these initials into all my games (although I did for a time). At some point (2003, give or take a year or two), I decided to use different initials based on my first name, Mark. One letter had to go, so Mark became Mak. It might just be me, but I think Mak looks horrible when written down. So I swapped the K for a C - Mac.

I used these new initials when signing up to Gamefaqs. I knew that someone would have taken "mac", so I tried "mac64" but someone had already got to it. macN64 was free for use though and I've continued to use it since. It seemed kind of cool at the time... It sort of puts me down as an irrational Nintendo 64 fanboy though. I'm not irrational! :P

And yes, there was another username origin topic, but it's been archived. Took me a while to give up looking manually and use the forum's search function. >_< :lol:
Youtube

floorcat
Member Avatar
macN64
Sep 30 2010, 12:26 PM
And yes, there was another username origin topic, but it's been archived. Took me a while to give up looking manually and use the forum's search function. >_< :lol:
Ooohh, nice... thanks for finding that! Yeah... even though I'm labelled an "admin" here, I still can't for the life of me figure out how to effectively search for anything. I blame it on Zetaboards UI!! <_>

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
Alice Lawless came from Alice Cooper and Blackie Lawless.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I was going to use my name, Stik Ross, but I chose to go by Alice Lawless
Edited by Alice Lawless, Sep 6 2013, 02:22 PM.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i used to be a huge pro wrestling fan in the mid 90's. sting was my fav. so i went with stinger, and the 9142 used to be the last 4 digits of my phone number. my psn id is hitman9142 because i liked bret the hitman hart, and also weaponry and hitmen. so it just seemed to fit. used them both for years now.

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
I so boring. Mine's just my name. Maybe I should make a new usename, like Jax0r_teh_great or caesar_peed_on_the_bed_again

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Many many years ago, when i was still a young whippersnapper, i used to frequent a club in U. One of the regulars there was called Mark. So when i appeared on that scene, i became known as Mark 2. That kinda stuck and 'm still using it today.
Posted Image

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
The very first time i got to make up a name for the internet was when i created an AOL account (AIM). I did what i think everyone did when making there first one, or at least the mojority of my friends... I chose Corey8890 as Corey is my first name and 8890 is my birthday.

My email address is again my first name, but instead of my birthday, i used my 2 favorite numbers 12, 25.

It wasnt until i got Xbox live did Coorsy first appear... My friends would always call me coors or cor, cor was too short for a gamertag and if i used coors everyone would just be like "ohhh like the beer?"...wrong. So i added a Y and 101 because Coorsy was already taken. And its stuck ever since.

And thats my story on how i obtained my internet names...

how did everyone come up with their passwords... :whistle:

juuust kidddding. haha

-Corey
American

Controllers: 12/19 (9/15 Boxed/Sealed)
Systems: 1/9 (1/9 Boxed)

Japanese

Controllers: 7/18 (6/18 Boxed)
Systems: 1/10 (1/10 Boxed)

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
When I was in my teens, I thought everything evil and demonic was 'cool'. I put 'arch' in front of it, because I thought 'arch' meant 'greatest' or 'biggest', like arch enemy, or arch angel etc. so Arch Evil would have to mean 'the greatest/highest (form of) evil' <_>

Of course, nowadays I realize it probably isn't exactly correct English, but nobody else uses it, it seems unique enough so I just keep using it :)
Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
Coorsy101
Nov 22 2010, 11:57 AM
how did everyone come up with their passwords... :whistle:
Funny story about that. When I saw the box that said "choose password," I thought I didn't have a choice but to choose the word "password" and put it in the box. So it stuck ever since.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
First of all: Great topic!

I chose lithium because I was once in love with Nirvana and it is a title of one of their songs. I was also very interested in memorizing the periodic table, so I always used lithium in gaming. I began with the number 007 as a James Bond and Goldeneye reference, but it eventually changed to 017 as 17 is my favourite number.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Gazza
Member Avatar
Established Member
Gazza

(G)aming (A)ce (Z)ealot
the last two letters (ZA) stand for the common abbreviation of South Africa

no that's just nonsense. :lol:

the thing is I'm a big football fan (or soccer, as you guys in the States refer to it), and on his day Paul Gascoigne (Gazza) was an absolutely brilliant talent.
what's happening to him in recent years though, is another story altogether. :(
Edited by Gazza, Nov 25 2010, 11:58 AM.

Ganondorf
Member Avatar
at the time when i came across this forum i was really into zelda Oot and when i played SSBB Ganondorf was always my 2nd man guy, plus i was younger. i kind of wish i didnt choose the name now because it seems pretty lame,will change it some day i hope :)
Plato "wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: