Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Use of display technology to produce the best possible image from the N64
Topic Started: Jan 27 2014, 05:43 PM (8,628 Views)
Cabanon
Elite
I stopped after the first chapter. there were lies concerning the lag. mine has ZERO lag whatsoever. whatever the game/console it is. and even if it did, I could adjust it with amplifier which has a built-in lag adjuster specifically for games.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
oops sorry, double post.
Edited by Cabanon, Jan 27 2014, 09:19 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
I can see a 20ms lag no problem (thanks to Guitar Hero & Rock Band), yes it has a game mode but I had to turn it off because it was creating major lag when playing GH/RB. that said, I dont see lag at all when playing nes/snes/n64 on my TV.

Cabanon
Elite
actually, i play GH/RB at 0ms. what I play is what I see and im spot on. I know when I plugged my n64 directly to my TV, it had lag because whenever I tried to play MK64, it would take maybe 20-30ms to do the proper turn (which is VERY VERY bad), but when I plugged it in my amplifier, everything went ok. so yes the TV produce lag (sometimes very little, sometimes alot) but there's solution around it which doesnt include a frikkin CRT

Cabanon
Elite
just curious, are you guys in PAL land ?

Cabanon
Elite
ok thanks. that explain a few things.

Cabanon
Elite
I never even used RF for NES. you must be desperate or have a really really really old TV to use that, ha !

Cabanon
Elite
I know someone is working on neshdmi over at nintendoage. no clue where the project is now but the image were stunning.

Cabanon
Elite
shipping back and forth is killing all kind of deal. I'd rather solder it myself.

Cabanon
Elite
im also curious about the lag it will cause if any. MK64 comes to mind where you need to be spot on and any lag caused, as little as it could be, by converter is a major issues.

Cabanon
Elite
In Guitar Hero, you have to turn off every game mode possible & be lag free. not only for the game play to be accurate but otherwise the game stutter so much it's unplayable. With all settings turned off, I have an in-game lag setup of 0/0 A/V with my TV. So I guess it differs on what you're looking to do with the game you're playing.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply