Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Use of display technology to produce the best possible image from the N64
Topic Started: Jan 27 2014, 05:43 PM (8,602 Views)
Grimakis
Member Avatar
TomKStones
Apr 24 2015, 04:13 AM
I'm still using a CRT with RF; only way to go. :D
Why would you use RF lol?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grimakis
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Apr 24 2015, 12:47 PM
I never even used RF for NES. you must be desperate or have a really really really old TV to use that, ha !
I used to play my consoles even up to Gamecube over RF. My little 14" TV only had a Coax input haha. However I would never go back.

Regards,
George

Grimakis
Member Avatar
Yes the N64 HDMI looks really cool.

Grimakis
Member Avatar
andyk2003
Nov 8 2015, 10:04 AM
So here's the first installer/reseller I've seen for this mod. You have to send an N64 to them - then they'll perform the mod for $164 plus shipping charges.

I'm fine with that but I'd be really interested to hear what people here think about the price - is it putting anyone off buying this?
I am put off for several reasons.

While this is a great mod, it is entirely a standalone solution. Meaning, you need no additional hardware, but the overall cost of the mod is really high. I already have a Framemeister. The reason I got it, was so that I would be able to upscale all my old consoles.

This mod upscales the N64 and it's graphics, add scanlines, and does all sorts of fun stuff. I think the issue here, is that is offers a lot of redundant functionality for many people. I think that the price is absolutely fair. However this isn't something I'll be running out to buy.

Regards,
George

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply