Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post When You Buy Any Movies, Music, Etc.
Topic Started: Jan 29 2014, 08:20 PM (12,709 Views)
Cabanon
Elite
John Wick 2, what a movie !
Edited by Cabanon, Jun 16 2017, 05:30 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I have a couple of friends who are serious movie collectors and they're both sitting at around 500 DVD's/BD's each. My friend Steven just let Cathie and I borrow Rogue One which ended up to be a wonderful film. It's funny, Steven mostly collects Anime while my other movie collector friend Scott only wants films in his library that feature women he considers attractive. Let's just say that in a some ways he's a second-rate Mr. Skin. :lol:

It's always tough to pick 5 movies as favorites but these are towards the top of my list.

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
The Silence of the Lambs
Blade Runner
The Matrix
Kill Bill
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Two more grabs:

Life
The Founder

Cabanon
Elite
1 for the kids, the other for me. can't say no at 10.99$ for x-men 3D. im always waiting this price drop even if it's 2 years later. worth the wait IMO.
Posted Image
Edited by Cabanon, Jun 21 2017, 05:22 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
New movies:

The Belko Experiment
Railroad Tigers

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
New pickups:

Ong-Bak Trilogy
Stephen King's It
Piranha DD
The Proposal
xXx

Cabanon
Elite
Ong Bak trilogy in blu-ray or dvd ?

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Blu-ray, and only $9.96.

Cabanon
Elite
The Red Shadow
Jul 6 2017, 03:18 AM
Blu-ray, and only $9.96.
wow, thats cheap considering Ong-Bak 1 alone is often at 18$, unless it's a remaster which is probably not the case in the trilogy.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
New grabs:

The Fate of the Furious
The Lost City of Z

Cabanon
Elite
Lost City of Z is meh, still waiting of my Fate of the Furious copy that will be here when my USA contact come back again to visit us.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I went way old school today by picking up Dolemite: The Total Experience on DVD on clearance. I've heard a lot about about the character and the series of blaxploitation films he was the protagonist of. Now I will finally get to experience them for myself.

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Likely to be the most I'll ever spend on a single film (almost $70 shipped). I should have bought it a few years ago before the prices started jumping.

Given my luck, Disney will finally capitulate and release it to Movie Club members tomorrow. :rollseyes:

Cabanon
Elite
freshly received from the US.
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
A few non-video-gaming things I've picked up...

Posted Image

(Bears vs. Babies is the new card game from the Exploding Kittens crew. And I actually bought the Steins;Gate set a while ago already, but had ended up gifting that copy away, so I bought myself another copy.) ;)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

floorcat
Member Avatar
Some more animated Batman blu-rays...

Posted Image
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Just got NOFX's Last Ditch Effort this weekend; been listening to it on YouTube and Amazon prime for some time. As if there were any doubt, sounds great in the car now too.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
freshly received. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Made a trip to the Princeton Record Exchange yesterday (outside the pearly gates of Princeton U) and scored:

Dropkick Murphys - Do or Die ($1.99)
No Use for a Name - Rarities Vol. 1: The Covers (retail)
The Living End - State of Emergency ($1.99)

The first two are positively brilliant. I could listen to Tony Sly sing Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence all day long. And Do or Die makes me want to go drink a few pints of Guinness and get in my first bar fight!

Loved State of Oblivion immensely, so hoping SoE is not too shabby but we'll see. The Living End seemed to fall off the map here after that one, but the mainstream ignores so many gems.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Way too many movies to list to make up for all the time I've been away so I'll just jump in here with a handful of stuff I picked up recently:

Blade Runner 2049
Happy Death Day
Colossal
American Made
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
American Gods Season 1

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
@The Red Shadow - Let me know what you think of Blade Runner 2049 after you've had a chance to watch it. By the way, did you get the Walmart exclusive version?

Also, if you haven't done so already, you may want to get Morgan which was directed by Ridley Scott's son.

We watched it the other night and my wife Cathie actually preferred it to BR2049.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
A few blu-rays I've picked up recently (along with a silver DS4 controller, 4TB external HDD, and 2TB SSD... for upgrading my eventual/future PS4 Pro)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Picked up the Wonder Woman Blu-ray today since Target had it on sale for just 10 bucks. Now my wife and I can finally see what all the fuss is about.

Posted Image

Surprisingly, the DVD and Blu-ray both cost the same amount so I opted for the superior format.

I've got a DVD copy of Bad Moms on the way because I couldn't get the Blu-ray at a decent price. Guess there are a lot of Mila Kunis fans out there. Generally speaking I don't collect movies so I just go for whatever I can get cheap. It's gotta be something really special for me to spend more than $10 on it.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Jan 23 2018, 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Curious about your thoughts on Wonder Woman. I find it curious that it wasn't nominated for ANY Oscars, considering the amazing reviews it got and Patty Jenkins apparently being a superb female director.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ItalianBaptist
Jan 25 2018, 08:46 AM
Curious about your thoughts on Wonder Woman.
I'll tell you what I think after I've had a chance to watch the film. Be warned that I usually loathe super hero movies, though.

By the way, when I opened the case I discovered that both the Blu-ray and DVD versions are included. Bonus! :w00t:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The Bad Moms DVD I ordered arrived today so we'll probably be watching it this evening since we're both in the mood for a good laugh.

Posted Image

For the life of me I can't figure out why this movie was so hard to find at my local brick & mortar stores like Walmart and Target. :huh:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Another devastating blow to physical media. :huh:

Best Buy will stop selling CDs as digital music revenue continues to grow

Quote:

Best Buy is abandoning the humble CD and will no longer sell them in its stores starting on July 1st, 2018, reports Billboard. The move comes as CD sales continue to decline; revenue from digital music downloads eclipsed it back in 2014.

Target, on the other hand, says it will only sell music CDs under a consignment basis, shifting inventory risk back to the labels. That means Target would only pay labels for CDs when customers buy them, rather than buying the CDs in bulk and paying for shipments of unsold CDs back to the label for credit.

By the way, the last music CD that I actually bought was the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits back in 2009 when it was released around the holidays. I can't believe it came out almost 9 years ago!

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm still buying CDs as recently as the last few weeks but I knew this was going to happen eventually. When I was still at Walmart, and probably a good decade ago, they were saying we would start phasing CDs out and have digital download stations where people could buy individual songs that you could either redeem to an online account or submit for a burned CD copy that would transfer through our photo department of all places. Oddly, though, that never fell into place. Heck, walmart.com even stopped doing digital music not long after.

Even though I stated above that I'm still buying CDs to this day, it is the one form of media that I absolutely love having digitally as who wants to tote CDs around all the time when you could have thousands of songs on your phone, tablet or mp3 player. Unfortunately, I now have a car with only a CD player in it (no aux plug, either) and I'm forced to do discs. I tried an FM transmitter but found it was too much of a hassle for me as I like to plug my phone into the cigarette lighter to charge it and the transmitter needed that plug as well to operate. And a cigarette plug adapter was just too messy with cords and devices laying all around to make it work.

Anyway, RIP CDs, as you march toward your eventual demise.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Feb 8 2018, 11:46 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
last one i bought was Metallica - Hardwired to Self Destruct.

I dont know who bought their cds there, but I never bought one there and never thought about them for that. Always bought at HMV (now Sunrise Records) since they had a huge metal section back then or some local places. They could probably sell them online only but what would the point ? Let the small specialty shop sell them and i'm fine with that.

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Iím weird. Iíve gone over to preferring my N64 games physical as opposed to VC, primarily because I own them rather than just a license. On the other hand, I much prefer digital for movies, tv shows and music even though itís probably the exact same deal.

I blame/credit the n64 for this, but discs are probably my least favorite now considering the issues iíve had with wonky readers and ubiquitous scratches. The Nintendo Life article on disc rot sealed the deal for me.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply