Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worms Armageddon; February Game of the Month
Topic Started: Feb 2 2014, 11:26 AM (542 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
It won by a landslide, so lets hope for some good conversation about it ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

action
well, it didn't exactly open a can of... worms :P

:link:

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Oh dear no one wants to talk about this one. The worms games where always geat multi players with friends. :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I have no experience with the game aside from watching some YouTubers playing a more recent version of the game. I never gave it a second look when it was out on the N64. Looks like it would be a good multiplayer game but it would just frustrate and bore me if I was playing single player.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Might try to persuade my girlfriend to play this with me because, as Red mentioned, it's a pretty hollow single player experience.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Worms Armageddon is still on the Hit List for our Beats 'Em All competition, so if anyone knocks this game off this month, snap a pic and get some credit for beating it towards our collective goal :yeah:
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
The PC version is my favorite game of all time, and the N64 version is pretty good too. A few missions, weapons, and voice banks are missing, as well as no online (obviously) and limited to four players. But the gameplay, graphics, and music (including one excellent unique track) are all there.

It's the gameplay, humour, and atmosphere that make WA such a classic. The phsyics engine, although hyper-accurate and ripe for abuse by teh hardcorez (not to mention the AI), is a work of beauty, as is the map generator. The artwork and deep ambient soundtrack are *beyond* unique, and those crazy voices NEVER get old! X_D

The heart of all Worms games, however, is the customization. Every imaginable setting can be changed, including number of rounds, round length, turn length, crate percentage, weapon power, weapon delay, sudden death style, and so much more. Think Perfect Dark in two dimensions. :D

The local multiplayer on the N64 version is great, but the PC version's online play, plus tighter controls (especially where the rope is concerned) are more my style. ^_^

You can't really go wrong with either version, but the PC gets you the full package. It's available on Steam, which is cross-compatible with the old CD-ROM, which might be cheaper. And thanks to updates for modern OSes, the online "WormNET" community is thriving.
Edited by Flare Dancer, Feb 18 2014, 03:08 PM.

Z890
Established Member
It's not so great as a single player game. But its excellent as a multiplayer game, which is really how this type of game is meant to be played like. Beating the computer doesn't seem like an achievement. But beating opponents does.

i think the local multiplayer on the N64 is better than online multiplayer from the PC. For this game anyway thats because the screen is not a split screen (so no advantage for the PC) and you can see the other players reactions to what happens in the game.

I'm sure I remember that you could change the language at least in the pal version. Which made it sound quite funny in other European languages.
Edited by Z890, Mar 3 2014, 04:13 PM.

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply