Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 won't turn on.; N64 won't turn on.
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 09:30 AM (670 Views)
Saruman
Hello, three-four years ago my Nintendo 64 worked fine. However, I moved three years ago and tried to plug my N64 :n64: .
The red light (the power thingy) turned on :) but suddenly faded :( . The moment the power was on , on my N64, nothing was displayed on my TV screen (I also tried to connect my DVD, but it also didn't display any image).
Then I tried to turn it on again but the red light didn't even turned on this time, then I tried several times again but without success, and I tried in many TVs.
Any ideas?
Forgot to mention:
-I adquired it in 1998.
-I've tried on a HDTV and regular TVs.
Edited by Saruman, Feb 3 2014, 09:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sanni
Member Avatar
You should acquire a second power supply to conduct further testing.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Was your n64 ever opened? (for modding etc.?)

Of not, fine. I bet your AC adaptor still works though, so DON'T get rid of it!

Was the "system" packed away in extremes of heat and/ or cold?

This is where your problem is going to be. On the inside of the console
Environmental issues affecting circuitry. That is also the same with opening old systems at your own risk. Even static electricity can ruin a console if not done properly.
A 95% probability that your :n64: is dead.
Please send my regards.
dn
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Saruman
Can I get any of those at Best Buy or any electronicsstore?

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
nah. best bet is to borrow a freinds then buy one on ebay if that is the problem. maybe go to a retro gaming store and try it there.
Posted Image
wtb - really want an extreme green controller cib :/

sinisterSS
Member Avatar
Like sanni suggested, I would try a different power supply, if nothing changes then get the special bits off eBay and take the console apart I bet its filled with dust etc...

I bought an N64 about 2 years ago off eBay for the console box, guy said he would include a broken N64 that just stopped working so its AS IS. It showed up at my house I checked it and sure enough it didn't work, so I bought the special tool bit and took it apart, the inside of that thing was caked with dust and animal hair, I took everything out, cleaned every single internal item inside and re-assembled the 64, to this day it works flawlessly and I'm still playing on it
N64 collection:

3 N64's CIB: N64 Original release 1996
Atomic Purple Controller N64 bundle 1998 release
Star Wars Racer Bundle N64 set 1999 release

24 N64 games all CIB

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I know this problem comes up a lot but my N64 keeps resetting its self after about 20 minutes of play and then every 2/3 seconds after that. I know the common reasons are expansion pack for power supply. I replaced the expansion pack but still does it so my question is whats more likely to cause the problem the power supply or the control deck itself?
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Control deck it self you might want to have your n64 a good clean and see if it works
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@saruman: try disconnecting the Power adaptor, reconnecting it , then powering on. Worked foe me once....after i bought a replacement console :facepalm:
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Boomdier, its spotless inside, I guess i will have to buy a new console then. shame
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

« Previous Topic · Modding, Repairs & Custom Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply