Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Best banjo kazooie times
Topic Started: Feb 16 2014, 09:37 PM (1,746 Views)
jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Just wondering what everyone's best time is for banjo kazooie. Something like this may already exist but I feel like it'd be fun to compare for some of these really good platformers on the system.

My personal best 100% (jiggles, notes, honeycomb pieces)- 7:25:57
N64 has the best platforms

I want me some standees! Sunshine and mario 64, and BK series standees as well with zelda 64 :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fistonik
Member Avatar
My personal best for 100% is currently 2:25:43. My goal is to get sub 2:05:00 by the end of 2014. ^_^

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Mine is 5:49:22, I didn't it speedrun it but I want to try a good speedrun one day
Fistonik you got the WR?
Edited by italia64, Aug 15 2015, 01:13 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Under three hours is unbelievable. I mean really that is amazing I thought mine was pretty good haha. I hope to get under 6 hours at some point

I want me some standees! Sunshine and mario 64, and BK series standees as well with zelda 64 :)

Fistonik
Member Avatar
italia64
Feb 17 2014, 01:33 PM
Fistonik you got the WR?
Not yet. :yeah:

WR is 2:19:13 Real Time (2:05:36 Game Time) by Stivitybobo. He's a god. :rofl:

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Whoa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PMfAX1ElQ

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Last year I watched a video of the speedrun WR and he wrong only a thing on Click Clock Wood, on the eagle section.
Edited by italia64, Feb 17 2014, 03:34 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
That is epic. I'm inspired to try and get under 5 hours now

hockeylife21
My original file from when I was young is 79 hours game time, stuck on gruntilda hahaha. Nowadays I can get a sub 4 hour pretty easily my best is 3 hours 34 minutes 12 seconds real time

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
I feel like I could never do it in that little of time not because I die but because I wouldn't take the time to learn what order to do the jiggies in so I don't have to switch back and forth from transformations.

Fistonik
Member Avatar
jmacbear25
Feb 17 2014, 05:01 PM
I feel like I could never do it in that little of time not because I die but because I wouldn't take the time to learn what order to do the jiggies in so I don't have to switch back and forth from transformations.
Practice makes perfect, my friend! But yeah, learning the route can be pretty long until the muscle memory kicks in.

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
I've only ever actually played through it fully twice now and my first one was over 30 hours haha. I feel like times for banjo tooie would be a lot higher as that game is vastly more difficult and cumbersome to navigate through

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
i'LL never get 100% because of that jiggie on rusty bucket bay.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
That one is tough. Try using gold feathers as you jump through the propellers that should help.

Fistonik
Member Avatar
jmacbear25
Feb 17 2014, 05:42 PM
I feel like times for banjo tooie would be a lot higher as that game is vastly more difficult and cumbersome to navigate through
Banjo Tooie times are indeed much higher. 100% WR is currently 5:11:41 Real Time (4:21:48 Game Time). I prefer running Banjo Kazooie though. :P
Edited by Fistonik, Feb 18 2014, 09:46 AM.

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Yeah there's so much back and forth in tooie. Really fun to play through but rushing would be stressful

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Alright guys the thread got moved but still check it out!

Cabanon
Elite
i just watched the ending and I think I've never comlpeted it haha. kept getting bored and move to something else.

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
You can't quit now you're so close!

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Working on a new best time and I'll for sure knock off that 7 hour one this time

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'm going through this game again becuase of this thread :lol: not looking to beat any times though.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Fistonik do you have a YouTube channel? A live stream or something of your attempt to beat the world record would be awesome. Just an idea

Fistonik
Member Avatar
Well I'll eventually need to record my runs so people can verify the legitimacy. I'd love to stream, but sadly I don't have the time and the money at the moment. In fact, I barely have time to play. Maybe around the summer I'll invest in some streaming gear! :D

hockeylife21
The only level I ever have trouble with is Rusty Bucket Bay. I had a guide when I was younger and I used it to run through the first few worlds 100% but I accidently ripped out the RBB pages so I still am so bad at running it. Same with click clock wood. I found the guide last night but it was torn to pieces so I had to throw it away.

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Wow that's a great time hockeylife considering if you had confusion on rbb or ccw. Good work sir

Titan
Member Avatar
Established Member
Makes me want to try a speed run now, one of my faves but never been great at it
It's not who you are underneath but what you do that defines you

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Hey go for it! All in good fun

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Still bad haha but improved to 5 hrs 46 minutes

Fistonik
Member Avatar
Welp. This morning, I was on pace for 2:20:XX. I fell down the tree in Click Clock Wood when trying to get the jiggy in the tree house. I'm kinda mad Hahah.. :blasphemy bat:

jmacbear25
Member Avatar
Hey just stick with it! You're getting close to stiv with that! I think he's just sub 2:18 thought I saw something on twitter about it

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming Competitions & Achievements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: