Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Official N64 Forever Chat Thread
Topic Started: May 19 2006, 07:26 PM (7,323 Views)
Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Anything excting?
Edited by dataDyne, Oct 27 2008, 10:38 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Went to a party this afternoon.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

lunkwill
Member Avatar
All j00r base belong to me!
I had a garage sale!

Sadly, nothing sold :(

:ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:

Ragedy
Veteran
8 Hour bus ride, Soccer tournament, 8 Hour bus ride back this Saturday, when I get back I'm buying KOTOR and betting on Argentina and Portugal to win the world cup.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
I quit my job -_-
-alxbly

Ragedy
Veteran
Got back from Soccer ad picked up KOTOR, W00T.

Deleted User
Deleted User

So far I've been at a bar with friends, drank pear cider, watched football, had a pizza and posted on GameFAQs (and here). After Mrs Alxbly is finished watching her Sex and the City DVD I'm gonna play some GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2).
Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
alxbly
Jun 30 2006, 04:17 PM
drank pear cider

Woodchuck Pear Hard Cider????? That stuff is pretty good! I could never drink it in large quantities, but one or two during dinner always went down well. My favorite is their Raspberry Hard Cider, though. I rarely drink these days but I couldn't have made it through college without it! B)
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
For me, SLEEP. Just got back from 11.5 hours of non-stop work, so I need to stuff my face before I collapse tonight. Maybe I'll post some more tonight if I'm still sane/conscious (10 of those hours were spent staring at a computer monitor!).

Maybe this weekend, I'll putz around on the bike, and log my weekly quota of (a few hours of) Perfect Dark. Kinda gave up on Ms. Pac-Man... I blame it on ADD, like most hearty Americans would. :huh:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Woodchuck Pear Hard Cider?????

Nah, it was Kopparbergs pear cider. That stuff is just too nice. So what you all up to then? Have you got a new job Datadyne? Have you got out of bed yet, Floorcat? Is it only me here...

:(
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
:) Yup, I'm outta bed... unfortunately, I haven't been sleeping that much... I'm still getting up ~5:30am like I do on weekdays, but I've not been going to bed until ~2am! :(

That pear cider sounds pretty darn good... I think pears are a very overshadowed, underappreciated fruit in general. Apples tend to steal all their limelight. (~pun intended~) Posted Image

I gave myself a haircut in the morning, and stuffed my face with all sorts of grease for dinner yesterday (mmmm...).
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Deleted User
Deleted User

I went looking for pear cider yesterday and nowhere near me sells it. These people just don't know good quality.

Darn those stores and their 'normal' apple cider nonsense. Bring on the pears, that's what i say.

Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
Watching Portugal vs. Germany.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Wow... holy crap... I'm tired.
39.5 hours of work over four days... 12.5 of them were logged yesterday. And dangit! only 30 minutes away from hitting overtime!! :( Excluding the 4th of July, over 60% of all the time I wasn't sleeping this week was spent working... and the scary thing is, both my boss & engineering lead probably work at least 30% more than I do!!!

I think this weekend'll be devoted to sleep (again... and unfortunately). -_-

How about you guys?? *is pre-emptively jealous*

Deleted User
Deleted User

I've had a pretty busy week. We have flexible working hours, so if you work for longer then you can take up to a day and a half off each month. I've been starting work at 10am a lot recently, and not working as long as I should. End result is I'm -5 hours, so I've been trying to work a bit longer.

Doesn't help that my boss recently moved downstairs to join the rest of the team, and she's a total ****. A once happy office is now void of any chat at all. I can feel her sucking the happiness out of the room. Time for a new job, I think.

:unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
This saturday has been great so far. I woke up at 9:00 AM, only to find that I didn't have time to have breakfast as I had to help my Dad chop a whole stack of firewood. :huh:

A couple of hours later I went to the city and had some coffee and a nice walk with my girlfriend.

So far so good. ^_^
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Your new avatar is cool. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
^yours is too ^_^

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well guys, this has been a busy weekend. Friday I went to a bar after work and had a few ciders (not pear cider unfortunately) and ended up getting a kebab on the way home. I've been selling the transformer toys I got as a kid on ebay, and I sold a few of them this weekend. Mrs Alxbly and me have been looking at getting a new sofa, and we ordered one today. I also went a bit crazy with online shopping, and I've bought Snowboard Kids (N64), a 1GB USB flash drive and I ordered a import copy of the Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) Soundtrack CD and a Gamecube 1019 block memory card. My credit card must be feeling tired now... ^_^

And in between all that I've been playing a bit of Baten Kaitos (GCN), Shadow Man (DC) and Perfect Dark (N64).
Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
My two week break ends next Monday so this week will be all playing OOT/Eternal Darkness/Secret of Monkey Island, sleeping, eating Microwave Pies and drinking Coke.

I love holidays.

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ I like this guy. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
I like me too :lol:

Your not so bad yourself either.

Ragedy
Veteran
Today I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and I finished my 1.5L of Coke 30 minutes into the movie, so eventually I could'nt hold on and emptied my bladder back into the bottle, good story huh? :P

floorcat
Member Avatar
^excellent story

Kinda reminds me of a 7th grade field trip I went on. On of my "bigger" friends (as in, he played American football) had to go to the bathroom a few hours before our bus would reach its destination. He tried his hardest to hold it, but it was hopeless, especially since the driver was already fed up by this point with stopping every 30 minutes for bathroom breaks. So he took an empty 2-liter bottle of Mtn. Dew (which he had emptied prior all by himself, strangely enough), hid underneath a blanket, and came out a few minutes & satsfied groans later with a 1-liter-full bottle. I was pretty impressed.

Anyways, my weekend's going alright... I was pooped yesterday though. I literally fell asleep while reading the past week's posts here! I think I put in at least 40 hours of work... which were especially tough because nothing was working right and I had about 3 testers calling for help at any given moment. :( Definitely the most stressful (non-academic) week of my life thus far!!

I had set a goal to sleep 30 hours this weekend... I'm halfway there ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well, my weekend's nearly over, but I don't care because...

:D :) ** I'm on holiday for two weeks!!! ** :) :D

Sweet, no work for two whole weeks. And on Tuesday my new digital camera's arriving (it's this one here). Sweet. I'll be spending all this week taking photos and then mrs alxbly is off next week so we might end up going away somewhere...

Floorcat, you sure do sleep a lot. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

moffshiggits
Well, last weekend consisted of purchasing an NES and taking it apart to fix the 72 pin connector. Once that was fixed, I played Ice Climber and Dragon Warrior until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nice! Playing video games until you're physically incapable of doing so is the best!! It's something I don't do & haven't done all that often recently... unfortunately.

Replace "playing video games" with "working" (until you're physically incapable of doing so) and that would be the story of my life this last week -_- Probably did close to 60 hours(!)... I hope my supervisors don't mind the 20 or so hours of OT I'll be logging. ($cha-ching$) This current project will be wrapping up this next week, so hopefully I'll have a little more free time.

alxbly
Jul 16 2006, 05:49 PM
Floorcat, you sure do sleep a lot.  :)

Sleep is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I probably end up spending 70% of my weekends in PJs :D I don't think I got the full 30 hours last weekend, but I'm pretty sure I came quite close! Maybe I'll have better luck this weekend! ;)

Alxbly, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of your holiday!!!$#%! Have you and the Mrs. made plans yet to go anywhere this coming week?

Deleted User
Deleted User

No, we were gonna go away for a long weekend, but mrs alxbly wants to go to her friends secret 21st birthday meal (which is fair enough), and I accidentally spent my cash on this.

Oops.

You gotta stop working so many hours, floorcat. It's not good for you.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Yeah... that camera's pretty sweet. Nothing to "Oops" about. ;)

I remember the TV commercial in Japan when it came out there... it was really goofy. Everything was space-age futuristic-esque, and this glitsy Japanese female model holding the camera was the only thing on the screen, and after the bg voice was done listing all the various features, she started vibrating like a robot about to self-destruct or something, and then the camera took the picture, which was advertised as being exceptionally clear. Apparently you don't even have to hold it steady to keep your pictures from blurring like crazy, right?

Plus it's insanely small, like anything out of Japan, electronics or not. ^_^

Anyways... time to go back to sleep.
Work hard and... errr... rest hard, I suppose.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Plus it's insanely small, like anything out of Japan, electronics or not.

*grins*

The camera is pretty good, I'm still getting used to all the functions. These are some the better photos I've taken so far.
Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: